Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus (20951 Views)

Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Demotes 24 Professors / N3.564bn Expenditure Scandal In Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Umudike / Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by fergie001: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
My alma-mater
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by kceewhyte(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
timilehin007:

U don marry sha
I be igbo guy grin
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by sshalom(m): 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
Not bad! grin grin
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by DukeDen(m): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
About 460 temporary workers with the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike in Abia State are on the verge of losing their jobs following the directive by the University authority ordering them to re-apply for renewal of their appointments.
This directive contained in a circular dated April 28, 2017, and signed by the University’s Registrar, Azubuike Nwaokacha, BDSUNDAY gathered, has sent jitters down the spines of the affected temporal workers.
The circular read in part: “Following the resolution at the family meeting held on April 27, 2017, all staff on temporary appointments and whose appointments had elapsed are hereby requested to apply for renewal of temporary appointment.
“The application should be addressed to the registrar through the HoD and Dean. The supervising officers should give cogent reasons why the applicant’s temporary appointment should be renewed”.
The circular had also directed the applicants to include photocopies of their letters of appointment and curriculum vitae, adding that the receipt of application closes one week from May 4, 2017.
A source close to the university management who spoke to the BDSUNDAY on condition of anonymity alleged that some bigwigs in the University who had fallen out of favor with former vice chancellor of the University, Hillary Edeoga, were those responsible for the current directive.
The source further alleged that the cabal had not hidden their plan to get the current Vice Chancellor, Francis Otunta, sack some workers employed toward the end of former VC’s tenure to enable them to replace such workers with their friends and relations.
Recall that Otunta, during his maiden interaction with journalists a few months ago, said he would not sack any staff of the University employed before his appointment as vice chancellor, adding that he would not remove food from anyone’s table.
One of the affected staff who asked not to be named stated that the current development was a calculated effort to sack some workers from the University.
He stated that the staff in question ought to have been invited for regularization, but the process was intentionally delayed to root some workers out of the system.
When contacted, the Public Relation Officer of the University, Adanma Odefa insisted that the Vice Chancellor was not under pressure to sack anybody, but that he was just following the procedure of doing things according to rules of the University.
She confirmed that the staff who were asked to reapply for renewal of their appointments were hired illegally by the past administration of the University.
She said: “There is a bit of a mess that needs to be sorted out, it didn’t just start with this administration. The Administration of Hillary Edeoga hired over 460 people improperly without going through the right procedure.
We have these 460 people who were given temporary appointments and the procedure usually is when a staff has a temporary appointment it elapses automatically after one year if it is not renewed.
“The appointments of staff in question elapsed on February this year. But because of the human face and the present economic realities in the country the University still paid these staff for the month of March, but then the University can no longer continue to pay these people because it is illegal. They are no longer employees of the University technically; you can’t be paying people who are not your employees. What the University has decided to do is to ask all the people affected to reapply and when they do that, they will be screened properly the way it should have been before they came into the system. That way, we know those that are still relevant to the University and we will hire them”.
http://www.zepals.com/t48-460-staff-of-mouau-at-verge-of-losing-jobs
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by crunchyg: 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
mezebel:
Alma mater na for secondary school,alumni preferable.
Madam Teacher don't teach me nonsense, Alma mater is used for university or college that one attended, plz next time make sure a dictionary is close to you before correcting what you don't know. Thank you
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by crunchyg: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
lovethchioma:
What problem do you have with my question? by the way I was asking the Op and not you.
Thanks...
Na fight?? sad sad
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by timilehin007(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
kceewhyte:
I be igbo guy grin
God no go let money kill u..lol
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by lovethchioma(f): 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
crunchyg:
Na fight?? sad sad
Yes na fight. I dey my house , come and beat me na cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by crunchyg: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
lovethchioma:
Yes na fight.
I dey my house , come and beat me na cheesy cheesy
Hahahahaha, you got me with that. We be paddy we no fit fight na
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by kceewhyte(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
timilehin007:
God no go let money kill u..lol
bill Gates still de alive....who am I ?
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by seunfape(m): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Proud umudiky
Proud alumni
Messaging from Dubai
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by timilehin007(m): 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
kceewhyte:
bill Gates still de alive....who am I ?

In efe wacky voice....'no be lies'

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by reefah420(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wait till strong men enter first
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by fabolouz1(m): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
An institution should be rated based on her products.
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by sheDD(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
bikerboy1:
wink Proudly UMUDYKE grin Repping you all the way from Canterbury grin

lots of positive changes since the last 7 years that I left the institution.

must have been in the hands of good leaders.
abeg bikerboy I need info concerning this sch
u send me ur number,make I keep in touch with u!!!
Abeg,wan do direct entry to that sch!!
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by sheDD(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
abeg nairalanders I need info abt this university,pls can someone pls help me out !!!
I need info abt their direct entry
pls ooo help a brother
Re: Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus by bikerboy1(m): 6:36am On Sep 12, 2017
sheDD:
abeg bikerboy I need info concerning this sch
u send me ur number,make I keep in touch with u!!!
Abeg,wan do direct entry to that sch!!

You can always send Pm if need be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University Admission Merit List Is Out. / Osun Students To Study Ifa – Aregbesola / WAEC Result Upgrade Is Fake See Why You Should Not Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.