Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening (2699 Views)

A Lesson I Learnt This Morning / Dealing With Evil Money (occult Money) / Apostle Suleman Sex Scandal: What I Learnt From The Incident About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Biafrareform(m): 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Never repay evil with evil.

Recently, our compound gen was faulty. Everyone was going out to fetch water. I decided to use my cash to repair it then tasked everyone in the compound to get back my money.
There was this particular lady that was reluctant to pay. After 3 weeks, I went to her apartment and asked for the money, she refused paying instead resorted to insults and threats from her and her man friend. Her words were harsh and full of hate. Couple with the threats from her man friend, I have concluded plans to pack out from the house this month.

Around 4:30am today, I heard her calling on a neighbor. The knock came repeatedly without any reply , so I came out and inquired. She said she needed to buy card to call her man friend.

I perceived she needed help cos she was heavily pregnant.
I gave her my phone to make the call which she did.

Am home this evening, everywhere is agog with celebration. The said lady was in labor that morning and the call she made was for someone to take her to the hospital.
She was delivered of a baby girl by 5.30am.

Life is enjoyable when it is lived with mutual understanding and cooperation. No one survives living alone. Shun all form of animosity and see your fellow human as an extension of you irrespective of their religion or tribe
Hatred doesn't pay. Never repay evil with evil.
Live love and enjoy life.
Good night

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Ndukings92(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
had it been that the reverse was d case,u think she will do just like u did?d Devil must be Female

4 Likes

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by mymadam(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
undecided Congratulations on the safe delivery, but... HAS SHE PAID HER SHARE OF THE EXPENSES?

1 Like

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by hodusglobal(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
We also learned it from the two reigning religions (ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY) that if someone do bad to us, we should pay him or her with good. God will reward you in many good ways. Amen!
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Afonjashapmouth: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
Learnt something cos dem plenty for this my building forming dangote and to pay for water na like nepa issue
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Mrjo(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Op, what u did was right bt i didnt get ur lesson from the story

1 Like

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by cuteguy123(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:

Me self still looking for the lesson.
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Biafrareform(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
mymadam:
undecided Congratulations on the safe delivery, but... HAS SHE PAID HER SHARE OF THE EXPENSES?

Lol. Her man friend gave me the money. It was in the course of paying that he threatened me. I was told by the lady he gave the money to that he is the leader of a cult group
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by decatalyst(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Biafrareform(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:

When you read next time , try to think.

Let me help.

Your closet neighbor is a brother. He is better than your far away brother.
She needed to connect to her man friend that was far away, but I was the the one that helped her to get across to him easily . If I have failed to do it , she might not be able to get across to him on time which might cause complications to her pregnancy.

My friend, it is your neighbor that will hear your cry at night. He is the one that will come to ur aid when you need. He or she will get there b4 your far away brother or sister arrive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by decatalyst(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:

grin
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Mrjo(m): 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Biafrareform:

Let me help.

She needed to connect to her man friend that was far away, but I was the the one that helped her to get across to him easily . If I have failed to do it , she might not be able to get across to him on time which might cause complications to her pregnancy.

My friend, it is your neighbor that will hear your cry at night. He is the one that will come to ur aid when you need. He or she will get there b4 your far away brother or sister arrive.
ur lesson is still missing
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:

I am tempted to say that only a dumb man will not figure out the lesson but I won't cos it will mean disrespect.
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by mejai(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:
oh lord! grin
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Origin(f): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
@ OP

Good one. And God bless you.

We always assume people will only need help from us.

Learn empathy sympathy pity love. It's a flow.

1 Like

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Mrjo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

I am tempted to say that only a dumb man will not figure out the lesson but I won't cos it will mean disrespect.
read the story dose it relete to op's lesson of nt paying evil with evil?
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:
read the story dose it relete to op's lesson of nt paying evil with evil?

He could've refused to help the lady because of the way she and her boyfriend treated him. Its easy to figure out.
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Mrjo(m): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

He could've refused to help the lady because of the way she and her boyfriend treated him. Its easy to figure out.
so, is that all?
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by emorse(m): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mrjo:
so, is that all?
Bros no vex o but you remind me of one babe wey copy sotay she copy my registration number that year. She no fit just help herself at all. lol
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 05, 2017
Biafrareform,
Brother, I totally get you.
I don't know if your decision was based upon your faith....or not.
However, that's beautiful how you handled the matter.
I would hope that you (or I) would've done so...regardless of whether or not you got repaid.
What you saw was a person (although she was cruel to you) in an extreme & dire circumstance....in which she needed rapid assistance.
You chose to give "grace" to someone who didn't deserve it...hmmm....reminds me of Someone who did something like that for a whole bunch of folks..... smiley
Lord help me.....this is that virtue of love that has to be prayed for consistently....
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Biafrareform(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
MZLady39:
Biafrareform,
I would hope that you (or I) would've done so...regardless of whether or not you got repaid.
What you saw was a person (although she was cruel to you) in an extreme & dire circumstance....in which she needed rapid assistance.
You chose to give "grace" to someone who didn't deserve it...hmmm....reminds me of Someone who did something like that for a whole bunch of folks..... smiley
Lord help me.....this is that virtue of love that has to be prayed for consistently....

You right, I have concluded plans to park out of the compound cos I don't want trouble.
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 07, 2017
Biafrareform:

You right, I have concluded plans to park out of the compound cos I don't want trouble.

Are you alive & well brother? Did everything turn out okay?
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 07, 2017
Ndukings92:
had it been that the reverse was d case,u think she will do just like u did?d Devil must be Female
Na true o.. She go just as if she dey deaf and dumb.

She will even pray no one answers the OP sef.
Abi no be woman again.
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
Biafrareform:

Let me help.

Why didn't you take her to the hospital instead of calling her man friend who does that? Supposing she waits for him longer, she might die while you make the phone calls. What lesson is to be learnt when you didn't take the pregnant woman to the hospital
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

There would have been a lesson to learn if he had taken the lady to the hospital not waiting for the man friend to arrive. Yes she gave birth but what if she had died during the process?
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Princewell2012(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
Biafrareform:

Let me help.

Hmm something similar like this happened on Monday. A little boy of two years was in a serious pain and the boy was dying gradually the parents have no money to take the poor child to the hospital even the drug that was prescribes on him by the health centre close to us they can not afford. Her mother and my wife were not too closed though they have been friend before.
So on that very day her mother has just started a new job and leave the sick child with nany to looked after but when the situation gets out of hand and his body condition becoming worst. The nany keeper have to bring the child back home. Now when i see what is on the ground i have to take the child myself to the hospital and pay the bill. Now the boy is back to life. You see the funny part of it was that i have to borrow that money from my wife i don't even have myself. Come and see how everybody is coming to my house to thank me, and the parents is full of Joy. I myself was happy to able to summon that courage to take that boy for treatment.

The bible says he that wineth a soul is wise. Winning a soul is not only when you bring person to the church but to save life. Which i believe God will really appreciate most.

Yes as you rightly said, your brother is not that one afar of but the one that is very close to you.let us learn to live in peace and harmony with each others. Hmm lets i forget i want you to know that this said family are Muslim.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by jonbellion(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
MZLady39:
Biafrareform,
You chose to give "grace" to someone who didn't deserve it...[b]hmmm....reminds me of Someone who did something like that for a whole bunch of folks..... smiley
[/b]Lord help me.....this is that virtue of love that has to be prayed for consistently....
and who might that be undecided
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by ademiD(f): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There would have been a lesson to learn if he had taken the lady to the hospital not waiting for the man friend to arrive. Yes she gave birth but what if she had died during the process?
she only requested to make a call, am sure the op didn't know she's about to put to bed or whatever...
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 08, 2017
ademiD:
she only requested to make a call, am sure the op didn't know she's about to put to bed or whatever...
Yeah I know but his story wasn't clear enough. Lesson learnt from it anyway

1 Like

Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 09, 2017
jonbellion:
and who might that be undecided

Come on my brother.....don't pretend.
Use the context clues in the sentence smiley
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2017

Are you alive & well brother? Did everything turn out okay?

Biafrareform,
Brother....
If you ever respond to this mention, it is me...."MzLady39". I have a new moniker now. Not to get you confused....
I do hope you are okay.....
Re: Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening by Ioseph(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ndukings92:

The topic creator just tried to make a point about tribalist and communalist fear factors and working with communication instead of behind-one's-back assumptions, and the first reply this. mchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic / MAN KNOW Thyself...the Three Basic Needs Of A Man. / All sort of carnivals are satanic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.