Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? (4887 Views)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by hopefulLandlord: 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Gonna need some citations for that load of rubbish. What evidence is there within the early church or proto-semitic religious communities that their creation myths were seen as metaphorical, and what gives credence to this metaphor to begin with? Last I checked the creation beliefs of Abrahamic traditions, in a time where there was no study of cosmology and before people knew of fossilisation, evolution, nuclear science or Carbon-14 emission dating, were strictly literal, and you were punished for claiming otherwise.

they read Matthew 19:4 and quickly ignore it

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Disagree. Life is good knowing there isn't a celestial tyrant waiting to judge you for every action you take.

Plus you can eat pork, which is the best meat.
If there is god, at least he would have made us perfect, and there will be no death or cock and bull story of how humans started dying sad

I truly wish there is an ideal god, not the god of any man made religion grin
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Gonna need some citations for that load of rubbish. What evidence is there within the early church or proto-semitic religious communities that their creation myths were seen as metaphorical, and what gives credence to this metaphor to begin with? Last I checked the creation beliefs of Abrahamic traditions, in a time where there was no study of cosmology and before people knew of fossilisation, evolution, nuclear science or Carbon-14 emission dating, were strictly literal, and you were punished for claiming otherwise.
KingEbukasBlog is always oscillating back and forth. This is what happens when the motive is not to prove "what is right" but "who is right" or "whose belief is right". Now he is speaking of different christian interpretation with different conclusions. The chronological interpretation says the earth is not older than 10,000 years old, meanwhile, KingEbukasBlog's metaphoric interpretation agrees the earth is about 4.5billion years old. The funny thing is that he is not disputing the different christian theories rather he prefers to refer it as "...simply different interpretation". At least, different christian interpretation should arrive at same conclusion within themselves before comparing with science if truly the bible true.

Be open-minded else you keep shooting yourself in the leg

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 / What Do BLACK Muslims Think About Qur'an, Hadith And Scholars:racism?? / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.