Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? (5187 Views)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

How can he tell you ? You made the claim that our mind created spirit , please defend it .
those who believe in spirits or god created it in their mind
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by CatfishBilly: 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
God was homeless before he made heaven.
That's the only way I see it.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Why dont people say "our father who art in third heaven..." or is god dwelling in space?
2 Chronicles 2:6
But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
if you say spirit cannot be created, then we are both right
God is a spirit, He is uncreated. He bring everything Into existence.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:

2 Chronicles 2:6
But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?

highest of heavens is situated in heaven. If i say deepest of earth, am i moving away from the earth? Rather, i am only trying to specify an extreme of a particular entity.

Why is it only in case like these you guys want to turn things upside down but tomorrow you will say you will go to heaven and not third heaven or heaven of heavens. And then heaven will not become space any longer

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
God is a spirit, He is uncreated. He bring everything Into existence.
same with the universe
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
same with the universe
the univers has a beginning, but God has no beginning and no end.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
same with the universe

Can you prove the universe is eternal ?

Can you disprove Hawkins evidences for a finite universe ?
www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
those who believe in spirits or god created it in their mind
What then created man ?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
highest of heavens is situated in heaven. If i say deepest of earth, am i moving away from the earth? Rather, i am only trying to specify an extreme of a particular entity.

Why is it only in case like these you guys want to turn things upside down but tomorrow you will say you will go to heaven and not third heaven or heaven of heavens. And then heaven will not become space any longer
you are making atheism look more stupid. if all atheist reason like you, then I must confess, atheism is illogical.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by impossible27(m): 12:01am On Jun 06, 2017
op. your answer is in john 1: 1. can you read it pls?? thanks
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
you are making atheism look more stupid. if all atheist reason like you, then I must confess, atheism is illogical.

Yes, I'm an illogical atheist. I don't have time and energy to express logic on what is illogical.
So i copy the theist approach. For what can be asserted without logic or proof, can be dismissed without logic or proof. SIMPLE!

P.S: I am not perturbed when you say atheist are confused or illogical, cos i am copying the theist method so i know who you are indirectly referring to grin

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 9:21am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What then created man ?
let's not bother about what created man same way you dont want to bother about what created god.

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Can you prove the universe is eternal ?

Can you disprove Hawkins evidences for a finite universe ?
www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
the universe is indeterminate, hence we can use the word eternal or infinite.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
the univers has a beginning, but God has no beginning and no end.
the universe have a beginning which is indeterminate. Thus, if the beginning is indeterminate, we can say the universe is eternal or infinite.

There is no god to start with, else he would be speaking for himself to prove his existence like the universe is doing instead of have you and others speaking and fighting to bring him into existence

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:02am On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:

the universe is indeterminate, hence we can use the word eternal or infinite.

Abeg carry your wahala go jare grin

You keep saying the saying the universe is eternal without proof when observational data and physics let us understand that the universe has a beginning . That is simply delusion .

By the way an eternal universe still does not preclude the existence of God .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:
let's not bother about what created man same way you dont want to bother about what created god.

God is eternal uncreated , without beginning or end that's why no one is bothered about who created God .

Now tell me , is man eternal ? And since science lets us know that man has a beginning , what created man ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 10:13am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God is eternal uncreated , without beginning or end that's why no one is bothered about who created God .

Now tell me , is man eternal ? And since science lets us know that man has a beginning , what created man ?
why will anyone be bothered about who created what is not existing?
science is trying hard like religion to explain how we came into existence. There is no concreate answer yet from either side. Both theories are premature
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 10:17am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You keep saying the saying the universe is eternal without proof when observational data and physics let us understand that the universe has a beginning . That is simply delusion .

There are many scientific theories on that. So which are you opting for?
The universe have a beginning which is indeterminate.
where have you proved god is eternal?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

don't confuse yourself because you want to win an argument. Are you in support of biblical beginning of the universe of less than 10,000 years or the scientific beginning of millions of years?

If you go with the bible, then you have to dismiss scientific theories.
If you go with science, then you have to falsify the bible.

you see say na you get the wahala?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:
don't confuse yourself because you want to win an argument.
Win arguments ? I've abandoned so many arguments because most times they are a waste of time . Just like I'll do now if you continue making assertions without backing them up with logic or science .

Are in support of biblical beginning of the universe of less than 10,000 years or the scientifi beginning of millions of years?

If you go with the bible, then you have to dismiss scientific theories.
If you go with science, then you have to falsify the bible.

Bro , there are so many interpretations of the biblical account of creation .

There is old-earth creationism and young earth creationism . There is theistic evolution - the belief God orchestrated evolution . Some Christians interpret the creation story literally while others do so allegorically .

Even before science came with evidence of 4.5 billion year old earth , ancient and medieval Christians and Jewish philosophers interpreted the bible's creation story allegorically .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by spartan117(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:
In the beginning, god created heaven and earth.

Where was god before creating heaven and earth?
Was he homeless?
he preceded d beginning of time, dats d simple meaning of dat verse
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:44am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Win arguments ? I've abandoned so many arguments because most times they are a waste of time . Just like I'll do now if you continue making assertions without backing them up with logic or science .

Bro , there are so many interpretations of the biblical account of creation .

There is old-earth creationism and young earth creationism . There is theistic evolution - the belief God orchestrated evolution . Some Christians interpret the creation story literally while others do so allegorically .

Even before science came with evidence of 4.5 billion year old earth , ancient and medieval Christians and Jewish philosophers interpreted the bible's creation story allegorically .
Yes for what is asserted without proof or logic - like existence of god, does not need proof or logic to dismiss. When you start rolling out proofs and logic, you will surely see me in action. But for now, i can't waste such energy cos arguing in faith like you are doing, expells little or no energy unlike arguing with logic and proofs. So i will be losing....

Tell me, are you going for the scientific theory or biblical theory of the beginning of the universe?

When you said many interpretation of biblical account of creation, i laughed. Is this not evident the bible brews confusion? Is this not evident the bible is man made tool to explain how we came into existence?

Tell me the interpretation you go with and what it said about how many years ago the earth began if you are going with the bible's account of less than 10,000 years. Or you can manufacture an intepretation that matches with science's billion years
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by hopefulLandlord: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:

When you said many interpretation of biblical account of creation, i laughed. Is this not evident the bible brews confusion? Is this not evident the bible is man made tool to explain how we came into existence?

This!
and to drive further nail into the rubbish Kingebukasblog spilled, they claim to have this invisible holy spirit that their Yahweh/Jesus/both (depending on which Christian sect you ask) sent to them and this holy spirit reveals the truth to them, I'm guessing "truth" needs to vary here and there

just watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBDFe3mDtk

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:

Yes for what is asserted without proof or logic - like existence of god, does not need proof or logic to dismiss

Pooh Pooh fallacy .

I gave you two logical reasons the other the day to acknowledge the existence of God and you could not refute them .

You just hold tightly to your illogical assertions and claims even when they have been debunked so easily - that's delusion .

Tell me, are you going for the scientific theory or biblical theory of the beginning of the universe?

Tell me the interpretation you go with and what it said about how many years ago the earth began if you are going with the bible's account of less than 10,000 years. Or you can manufacture an intepretation that matches with science's billion years

I just told you that ancient and medieval Jewish and Christian philosophers interpreted the bible allegorically before science came with evidence of a 4.5 billion year old year earth . And you still went ahead to say that interpretations were done to match science's evidence . Haba !

And the scientific discoveries were still made by Christians ! cool

Ancient atheists from the Charvaka materialist school believed that everything is made up of fire , water , air and earth . Or you don't know that ancient atheists made so many daft claims ? grin

Na wa for you oo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
And the vicious cycle continues....
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Pooh Pooh fallacy .

I gave you two logical reasons the other the day to acknowledge the existence of God and you could not refute them .

You just hold tightly to your illogical assertions and claims even when they have been debunked so easily - that's delusion .

I just told you that ancient and medieval Jewish and Christian philosophers interpreted the bible allegorically before science came with evidence of a 4.5 billion year old year earth . And you still went ahead to say that interpretations were done to match science's evidence . Haba !

And the scientific discoveries were still made by Christians ! cool

Ancient atheists from the Charvaka materialist school believed that everything is made up of fire , water , air and earth . Or you don't know that ancient atheists made so many daft claims ? grin

Na wa for you oo grin
lemme see the logical reason. Maybe you typed and send but still hanging in the air...
and he finally came with his own theory to match with science...

I repeat again, are you going with the bible's chronological proof of <10,000 years ago, or the scientific theory of 4.5billion years? Or you no longer believe in the bible just because of this particular argument? grin

Never knew i can make you deny the bible grin
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:

lemme see the logical reason. Maybe you typed and send but still hanging in the air...
and he finally came with his own theory to match with science...

I repeat again, are you going with the bible's chronological proof of <10,000 years ago, or the scientific theory of 4.5billion years? Or you no longer believe in the bible just because of this particular argument? grin

Never knew i can make you deny the bible grin

Bro , I'm not sure why you are not getting this . The chronology is just a way some Christians determine the age of the earth . The Christians who don't use the chronology are not denying the bible , they are simply using a different interpretation . Simple . A metaphorical view of the creation story is not denying the bible or trying to harmonize the bible with scientific evidence . The metaphorical interpretation is as old as the literal view .

How else do you want me to explain ?

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro , I'm not sure why you are not getting this . The chronology is just a way some Christians determine the age of the earth . The Christians who don't use the chronology are not denying the bible , they are simply using a different interpretation . Simple . A metaphorical view of the creation story is not denying the bible or trying to harmonize the bible with scientific evidence . The metaphorical interpretation is as old as the literal view .

OK, Do this for me,
post the linage of jesus christ from adam, i will allow you assume each person lives for 2000years, while you also assume each gave birth when they are 2000years old. Or you want to assume, 10,000? I still give you. Let's see how you will arrive at a million years not to talk of billions undecided . Wake up brother

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:
OK, Do this for me,
post the linage of jesus christ from adam, i will allow you assume each person lives for 2000years, while you also assume each gave birth when they are 2000years old. Or you want to assume, 10,000? I still give you. Let's see how you will arrive at a million years not to talk of billions undecided . Wake up brother

2 Likes

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by CyrusTheGreat: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
chemystery:

I want to believe. It's not fun being an atheist. I wish there is a god. I thought there was one before but i was wrong.
All atheist once searched for god and some (like me) are still searching. sad

Disagree. Life is good knowing there isn't a celestial tyrant waiting to judge you for every action you take.

Plus you can eat pork, which is the best meat.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by CyrusTheGreat: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Gonna need some citations for that load of rubbish. What evidence is there within the early church or proto-semitic religious communities that their creation myths were seen as metaphorical, and what gives credence to this metaphor to begin with? Last I checked the creation beliefs of Abrahamic traditions, in a time where there was no study of cosmology and before people knew of fossilisation, evolution, nuclear science or Carbon-14 emission dating, were strictly literal, and you were punished for claiming otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Systematically Dismantling Joshua 10:13: 'Sun Stand Still' / To Say God Needed An Angel In Heaven Is Not Comforting When Someone Dies. / Why Do Christian Create Fear By Sending This Kind Of Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.