Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 (1478 Views)

How I Solved "Screen Overlay Detected" On My Android Device / Screen Overlay Detected / How To Off Screen Overlay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by afechosen(m): 5:44am On Jun 06, 2017
embarassedI've been having this issue with my Tecno W3. This is the second time it's occurring. My apps wouldn't work well and asking for permission or turning off 'screen overlay '.I've searched online for solutions but it seems there's none. Anyone who tried something that worked should Pls share.
Thanks y'all!
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by saxwizard(m): 5:49am On Jun 06, 2017
use Google and youtube to help with solution. ..if symptoms persist flash your fone.....but the only problem I think I hv with this w3 is that him no dey load scatter file.....so u may not see am flash.....u fit carry am go tecno office sha
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by yoddy(m): 5:50am On Jun 06, 2017
I had same issues too recently with my W4.

It's no longer there though. I suspect mine was caused by an app called Babel fonts. You might want to disable or uninstall it if you have it too.
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by afechosen(m): 5:56am On Jun 06, 2017
yoddy:
I had same issues too recently with my W4.

It's no longer there though. I suspect mine was caused by an app called Babel fonts. You might want to disable or uninstall it if you have it too.
noted! Thanks for the info!
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by afechosen(m): 5:58am On Jun 06, 2017
saxwizard:
use Google and youtube to help with solution. ..if symptoms persist flash your fone.....but the only problem I think I hv with this w3 is that him no dey load scatter file.....so u may not see am flash.....u fit carry am go tecno office sha
I've tried many sites.. including YouTube. Thanks anyways!
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by lexxybb: 6:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Go to playstore and download an app called INSTALL BUTTON UNLOCKER. Open it and give the app all the required permissions. You should be able to use those apps with screen overlay issues. Meanwhile, you can use Google for better explanation on how to use the install button unlocker if this piece is not clear enough
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by afechosen(m): 6:05am On Jun 06, 2017
Finally got the issue solved! Babel fonts was the cause.. Nairaland rocks! cool
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by afechosen(m): 6:06am On Jun 06, 2017
lexxybb:
Go to playstore and download an app called INSTALL BUTTON UNLOCKER. Open it and give the app all the required permissions. You should be able to use those apps with screen overlay issues. Meanwhile, you can use Google for better explanation on how to use the install button unlocker if this piece is not clear enough
I just disabled Babel fonts and my phone is back working well.. thanks y'all
Re: Screen Overlay Detected!issue With Android 6 by yoddy(m): 6:54am On Jun 06, 2017
afechosen:

I just disabled Babel fonts and my phone is back working well.. thanks y'all

Nice to know the problem is solved.

(1) (Reply)

Glo Is The Fastest Now..yeah Or Nah? / How To Lock A Stolen Phone / Pay Less And Get Many With Airtel 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.