Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28614 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Omotayor123(f): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
akpamuomenka:

I was given 6 fingers of unripe plantain for #1k, I spit on the ground and walked away. I can't explain to my wife why I couldn't buy the plantain she asked me to buy. I have lost count of people that always come to my shop begging for feeding money.
May God help us.
eeyah...
Aamen.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
nijaomegacode:
I earn 10K per month and I am a graduate of Agric Extension and Management. I pray God help me 08026802131.

Go and retire immediately......

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Well I earn less than 23k. I am just existing. Shame has been my name. I am 33 with a B.Sc
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Valkyr:

Which kain business sef u fit start with 50k now wey d cost of everything dn high

A lot... you can start poultry with 50k
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by rayopt(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Anytime you get the chance, call your mum and dad for a meeting, look them in the eyes and tell them that they no try at all.

They brought 6 of you into this hard country and can't even get one of u above secondary school.

wa gbayii!!!!

hundred gbosas for you

imagine 6 kids no tertiary education? chai! crazy things are happening in this country. may God help us.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youdondeymad: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
redbeans:
70 gini? And you are complaining shocked. Poverty is really a disease. Can you imagine that I felt elated when I saw the meagre sum? sad
20k is too poor in this recession,haba! Government should help the masses.Here on the island,you rent a room for #18000 per month.

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by firstking01(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
triplec93:
Many of u come up here and type this shit, but in reality you live in a slum and could barely feed urself, this so called lucrative keke driving is it only found on the internet and not in reality.
What he typed there is nothing but the white truth....know of a guy who has a keke napep....the higher purchaser pays him 15k everyweek but before the week runs out the higher purchaser makes more than 20k...also depend on the states of your resident...here in ph people don't trek....just a stone throw they will pay keke....you see a small girl even taking a drop....ph people and luxirious lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Valkyr: 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

The problem is from my dad, he is the cause of all this. He died 10yrs ago I was in js3 then it took me the grace of God Almighty to even round up with secondary school, but to be sincere also my mom no try at all she didn't even finished secondary school didn't learn an hand work either, anytime am seeing her am always moved to skin her alive, my anger is always on her daily for more than 8years now i have not greeted her nit even for once in those 8years

Your dad is not here. You can take courses that interest you online

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Slimmos(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
iamtewwy:
Reccession? Reccession only affect those without brain! I resigned from my 30k job and enterd the streets... I am a keke napep driver naw..i make 5k daily... I give the owner of the machine 2k everyday.. And i go home with 2500 or 3k daily thats after i have eaten 3 square meal oo! 300 for morning 200 afternoon mayb 300 for dinner then i save the 2500/3000. My brother do the calculation...2500×30 days.. How many bankers dey save that money on a monthly basis.... Wat if the keke was my own. Of which i have plans to buy!! Dats abt 130k monthly ..but the graduate in we have this days just want to sit in an imaginary Air condition room!! Sorry na ur name
Na ur way b d real way. Reason Y I wanna leave where I am now to go to a place where I am not well known. Reason because I can be free to do wat I wanna do. Bozz abeg send ur number to me on this email.. Adewalep4@gmail.com... I have got something to discuss with u

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youdondeymad: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:
Well I earn less than 23k. I am just existing. Shame has been my name. I am 33 with a B.Sc
Don't worry bruh,everything is gonna be alright very soon.I earn more than that yet I'm still complaining.

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by vani86: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
connectpoint:

If you want to advice boss, be accurate at least.

You cant start a meaningful poultry for 50k.

How much is the poultry cost, how much are the chicks, feeding nko, their medicine.

I am thinking of going into fishery sometime next year and to do something meaningful, you need nothing less than 500k.

My point is instead of doing half assed biz, do something worthwhile.

For 50k, i will consider going to aba, getting footwears and selling.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Valkyr: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
connectpoint:

Bag of feed na how much? If a disease pays a visit nko
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by omoelerin1: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jiang:

Not everybody is a slut, now apologise to the innocent young lady
she will make it in life in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by firstking01(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
What did you study at just CalMeBoss??
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
connectpoint:
This thread humble me o..

Over 200k monthly i dey tell God say i want increase...I've been bad managing my past few months...Mehn i'm going to make adjustments...this thread has opened my eyes

As innnn, same here , earn slightly above 200 and I complain like crazy .

Thank u Lord for your mercies.

I've been an ingrate for years.

PLEASE I'M REALLY SORRY LORD.

4 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by vani86: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
rayopt:

wa gbayii!!!!

hundred gbosas for you

imagine 6 kids no tertiary education? chai! crazy things are happening in this country. may God help us.

Read his other replies, its conducive to look for an easy scapegoat in dis case his mum.

His dad died 10 years back, from all indication the mum was probably a house wife. Where will she start from in this country without life assurance.

This scenario happens a lot, especially where the man is d sole bread winner. Some women are able to recover but when you have 6 mouths to feed. Damn bro, that aint easy. People who are comfortable with 3 are complaining

4 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
na wa oh all this suffering in 9ja ehn
my mate kylie mbappe in monaco is earning thousands of euros in a week just for running upandan even if he doesnt play or score dae will still pay him. The funniest thing is that if u convert that his weekly salary to naira , i swear u would be among top 10 richest people in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Since this government came with their useless policies, Nigerians/electorates have been living from fresh air to hot air.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Chukazu: 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
iamtewwy:
Reccession? Reccession only affect those without brain! I resigned from my 30k job and enterd the streets... I am a keke napep driver naw..i make 5k daily... I give the owner of the machine 2k everyday.. And i go home with 2500 or 3k daily thats after i have eaten 3 square meal oo! 300 for morning 200 afternoon mayb 300 for dinner then i save the 2500/3000. My brother do the calculation...2500×30 days.. How many bankers dey save that money on a monthly basis.... Wat if the keke was my own. Of which i have plans to buy!! Dats abt 130k monthly ..but the graduate in we have this days just want to sit in an imaginary Air condition room!! Sorry na ur name

I beg how much is KEKE, I would love buy Nd give someone for daily returns and which area do you frequent?
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by temitope277(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
less than 20k?

I guess you don't pay for accommodation, transport yourself to work, eat out (at least a meal). If you are staying in Lagos, that money may finish on just transportation depending on where u live and work. It may not even afford your rent (annual divided by 12).

Its difficult to survive with anything less than 100k per month; and that's just for the single felas.
oga nt only in lagos bt everywhere, especially southwest
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by rayopt(m): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:

yeepa!!!!

mehn am sooo humbled by this thread. people should really start shedding off their fake life and start being real!!!

lyk OP, am a teacher with exactly 20k for payday. .the truth is, I like love what I do and so, am into different educational business outfit. The hustle is crazy, the cash is really nothing but i know something is building up. with that mindset, i try to get better everyday. improve my skills. expand my knowledge and deliver quality services against all odds.

why would I do all these?
well, I dropped out of uni (financials noni) and there certainly won't be any office work for me but i dare any school to look at my CV again after giving me 10minutes with their students. now, that's the difference.

and would this teaching be my only source of income?
certainly not! am an investor. investing time and money on other ventures. an investor with a zeal to learn, unlearn and relearn. .

don't forget that am still a broke boy hustling tho'

10 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Chukazu: 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
I thought Nigerians were suffering before under Jonathan, until Buhari came and brought HELL!

4 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Slimmos(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
Even the 20k I no dey earn.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by dingbang(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
Let me see any silly girl now that will disturb me for cash that I don't even have... Lazy girls .
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by komodapson(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:
If your salary is 70k below, just collect this month's payment and go look for a business to invest in.

70k no fit carry person for one month in this APC regime. Do you know that in a day you can't do without spending at least 1,500 on transportation and feeding? undecided

hmmm....well articulated. even d 1 5 sef na benchmark...anything to spend lesser than this...1 might not b different from an HIV contracted individual
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
Rooneyboy:

As innnn, same here , earn slightly above 200 and I complain like crazy .

Thank u Lord for your mercies.

I've been an ingrate for years.

PLEASE I'M REALLY SORRY LORD.

May God help us
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
vani86:

If you want to advice boss, be accurate at least.

You cant start a meaningful poultry for 50k.

How much is the poultry cost, how much are the chicks, feeding nko, their medicine.

I am thinking of going into fishery sometime next year and to do something meaningful, you need nothing less than 500k.

My point is instead of doing half assed biz, do something worthwhile.

For 50k, i will consider going to aba, getting footwears and selling.

You can start poultry with 50k...I run my business.If you're on the island and have space, bring 50k... i will meet you in person.. and start your oultry with just 50k...I won't compromise on my ideas.. yes i know one needs vaccinnes, feeds, staffs, feeding etc.. but at a point of desperacy as this recessive economy, one ought to look for out of the box ideas to start... I didnt say to run a poultry, i said to start...and as one starts things expands...shikena
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
Chukazu:
I thought Nigerians were suffering before under Jonathan, until Buhari came and brought HELL!

lol..guy u no well
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Chukazu: 10:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

It's just a boutique job that is why, she is a sales girl. u know since we lost our dad none of us is even able to learn an hand work, because the hunger that will wire that person if he trys such. Is still doing press up

But why not learn handwork, your sister as well.. Like fixing of hair?

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by rayopt(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
vani86:

Read his other replies, its conducive to look for an easy scapegoat in dis case his mum.

His dad died 10 years back, from all indication the mum was probably a house wife. Where will she start from in this country without life assurance.

This scenario happens a lot, especially where the man is d sole bread winner. Some women are able to recover but when you have 6 mouths to feed. Damn bro, that aint easy. People who are comfortable with 3 are complaining

guy, if u ain't there then u can't comprehend!! i.e if u no go, u no go know

I have a father, legs working, hands working, every workable parts working and he plainly refused to do anything for the past 10yrs. . .4 children, only ssce. my mom is the queen of hustle and the breadwinner of the family!!

what's all the empty tale for?

although i don't accept excuses like mine but I know it would have made the difference if the mom had tried all she could to put atleast one, if not all of them through uni!!!

damn! this country is tough but if u see how some parents are designing their families, u will weep in agony. . .its crazy!!!!

we need education in this country, I swear!!!
that's what I think

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by UncleJudax(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
adetoroamos:
for Wer I dey work for house boy for one PROF house for my side, I steal anything including Maggi just to survive for myself becos he use to pay me 8k every month and I don't complain but I steal even yam I put am for bush so I can carry it later
Hahahaha. Hiohiohio...falls off the chair...hahahaha...on the floor...damn!

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Chukazu: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

The problem is from my dad, he is the cause of all this. He died 10yrs ago I was in js3 then it took me the grace of God Almighty to even round up with secondary school, but to be sincere also my mom no try at all she didn't even finished secondary school didn't learn an hand work either, anytime am seeing her am always moved to skin her alive, my anger is always on her daily for more than 8years now i have not greeted her nit even for once in those 8years

Don't blame anybody for your predicament, learn to hold yourself responsible, it's your life after all, what you make out of it rest.

You know what?.. Whatever situation you find yourself... You are always in the middle, you are better than someone, and someone is better than you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Do Air Traffic Controllers Earn In Nigeria? / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / B.sc In Economics Or Accounting.please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.