Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28632 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Proudlyblack(f): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
I pity those that earn #20,000 and below
As a student my monthly allowance is #17,000 plus food stuffs I am just managing it
Note: I don't have rent and light bills to pay
May God see us through

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
komodapson:
hmmm....well articulated. even d 1 5 sef na benchmark...anything to spend lesser than this...1 might not b different from an HIV contracted individual
don't say that bro. Your life and health is something that should keep you going. For me,i've been plagued with a mysterious illness for up to a year now. If i was to choose btw the 20k and good health, i won't think twice before i pick the latter.

Life is something precious. So wake up everyday being positive!

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by kfrosh: 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
As in ehn! Our househelp alone self na 10k dem dey pay am. My own salary where I work is 60k. But I mean who pays anybody 5k as salary in this era.
vani86:

I swear, i want ask which kind work she dey do, if its 8 -5pm job.

5,500 damn, its slave labour jare. If she dey road dey fry akara, she will make way more
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by menwongo(m): 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
rayopt:

yeepa!!!!

mehn am sooo humbled by this thread. people should really start shedding off their fake life and start being real!!!

lyk OP, am a teacher with exactly 20k for payday. .the truth is, I like love what I do and so, am into different educational business outfit. The hustle is crazy, the cash is really nothing but i know something is building up. with that mindset, i try to get better everyday. improve my skills. expand my knowledge and deliver quality services against all odds.

why would I do all these?
well, I dropped out of uni (financials noni) and there certainly won't be any office work for me but i dare any school to look at my CV again after giving me 10minutes with their students. now, that's the difference.

and would this teaching be my only source of income?
certainly not! am an investor. investing time and money on other ventures. an investor with a zeal to learn, unlearn and relearn. .

don't forget that am still a broke boy hustling tho'
Go back to your village if there's no much nursery school and start it
Or
Better look for a remote place to start nursery school

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by kfrosh: 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
Please keep mute if you don't know watsup. All these guys make so much money than most graduates working in Lagos. An Okada rider will comfortably make 60k at the end of the month. Do you even have an idea how much this Danfo drivers and conductors even make par day. You can't imagine.
triplec93:
Many of u come up here and type this shit, but in reality you live in a slum and could barely feed urself, this so called lucrative keke driving is it only found on the internet and not in reality.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youdondeymad: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
connectpoint:

You can start poultry with 50k...I run my business.If you're on the island and have space, bring 50k... i will meet you in person.. and start your oultry with just 50k...I won't compromise on my ideas.. yes i know one needs vaccinnes, feeds, staffs, feeding etc.. but at a point of desperacy as this recessive economy, one ought to look for out of the box ideas to start... I didnt say to run a poultry, i said to start...and as one starts things expands...shikena
Bro can I send you my whatsapp number,I'd mention you on a quiet thread if you don't mind.I'm interested in the business,I live on the island also.Thanks

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Bro can I send you my whatsapp number,I'd mention you on a quiet thread if you don't mind.I'm interested in the business,I live on the island also.Thanks

If you have space to raise the chicks, just let me know.. just space is all you need...
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:

If you have space to raise the chicks, just let me know.. just space is all you need......
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by repent4christ: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Let there be a deep determination to succeed, then plan your life work towards that plan. At my age of 45yrs with four kids to care for, l am planning to go back to school by his grace.

5 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Valkyr:

Which kain business sef u fit start with 50k now wey d cost of everything dn high

Okay guys..how about a thread...businesses you can start with 50k and people pour in different ideas to help others..I'm sure there are many great minds here
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youngzedd(m): 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
vani86:

Rich man, baba olowo, money man, 45k dog feeding man, eze ego, ori ego. Money na bastard to you. Bleep money, you dey use money shit. Tuale sir.

We don notice you

Bas.tard

See finishing grin He deserve it though.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youdondeymad: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
connectpoint:

If you have space to raise the chicks, just let me know.. just space is all you need......
My bad,I'm still a tenant though I have a plot of land in my hometown,can you render any assistance,thanks.I'm from Lagos state.

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youngzedd(m): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
kfrosh:
Please keep mute if you don't know watsup. All these guys make so much money than most graduates working in Lagos. An Okada rider will comfortably make 60k at the end of the month. Do you even have an idea how much this Danfo drivers and conductors even make par day. You can't imagine.

The only problem they have is poor saving habit.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
My bad,I'm still a tenant though I have a plot of land in my hometown,can you render any assistance,thanks.I'm from Lagos state.

State of your home town?

How badly do you need this? I don't talk if an idea will not be used...I hate wasting my time...
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
I dey fear o
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youngzedd(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Omagzee:
Wetin concern me, I trek to and from work everyday, pure water 20 naira and bread 50Naira is boo for break fast, which will keep going till 5 pm when I will get home and fix me a hot plate.

I save anything savable, even that tear - tear 20Naira. I take the next turning immediately I notice a Naija girl smiling at me.
Flash me, I flash you, "Please send me credit": I delete your number. Airtel freebasic got me feeling like Donald Trump.
I am living large people! Yes! This is tha life!!!!!!!
ThankGod say N1250 still remain for my account.

Correct bro
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by repent4christ: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Where I work presently many receive 20k per month, they still hustle to make more money. Never rely on salary completely.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by repent4christ: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
50k can surely start a poultry biznes.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Youdondeymad: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
connectpoint:

State of your home town?

How badly do you need this? I don't talk if an idea will not be used...I hate wasting my time...
I'm not in haste though I'm interested,I've mentioned you on another thread,dropped my whatsapp number,thanks.

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Reborn14(m): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
I also want to learn handwork but i dnt kn what to learn, i dnt like gmp or plumbing , kindly gv me a clue cc: blueseacats
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
Chukazu:

Don't blame anybody for your predicament, learn to hold yourself responsible, it's your life after all, what you make out of it rest.

You know what?.. Whatever situation you find yourself... You are always in the middle, you are better than someone, and someone is better than you.
This is really so cool, i loves this

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
Valkyr:

Your dad is not here. You can take courses that interest you online
. . What types of courses sir. Can u please enlighten me sir
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
blueseacats:
Guy stop that. She deserves your respect anytime any day. Now go and do everything possible to learn a skill, I found out too late that Nigeria's unemployment is high because we have so much certificates and no skill. To hell with university go learn a skill. I have a degree that pays me nothing but my par time job I learned as a skill pays me more.

If you ask me I will say go and apologize to her, if she did not notice, tell her that you have actually been disrespectful, seek her blessings and go learn a trade fast, if you don't know what to learn ask me.
Sir please with all due respect, am humbly asking you what type of trade or handwork will be best to learn sir, this is my future here and am so glad with your comment it really motivated me. Please sir reply me sir i really wants to know which you will recommend and will be best for me. Please reply me sir please
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jiang:

To think i always miss my mom if i dont hear from her after like a week. guy you no try at all. Go apologize to ur mom & dedicate 10% of all ur monthly earnings to her. You won't be in dis world if not because of her & her care. Visit her b4 its too late, in fact do it now!!!
Hmmmmm, u are very right sir. But it won't be as easy as u thinking it.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
AreaFada2:

Sorry to hear that. Which city do you live in?
. . Na Sapele, Delta State Nigeria
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by mastermaestro(m): 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

The problem is from my dad, he is the cause of all this. He died 10yrs ago I was in js3 then it took me the grace of God Almighty to even round up with secondary school, but to be sincere also my mom no try at all she didn't even finished secondary school didn't learn an hand work either, anytime am seeing her am always moved to skin her alive, my anger is always on her daily for more than 8years now i have not greeted her nit even for once in those 8years

I am moved by your story. Please you should forgive your mum and stop being resentful towards her. When you do this, I assure you that Heaven will send you a capable destiny helper immediately. You are lifted above circumstantial limitations in JESUS' name. Please reconcile with your mum now. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Omonigeriarere: 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
MrMystrO:
20,000? Apparently This Question Ain't for me. I don't even Make Less Than 200,000 a month so I guess I'm Good. As For the broke Guys, I Hail o

Bros show us the way Na: even if you don't give us fish, you can teach us how to fish.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

Sir please with all due respect, am humbly asking you what type of trade or handwork will be best to learn sir, this is my future here and am so glad with your comment it really motivated me. Please sir reply me sir i really wants to know which you will recommend and will be best for me. Please reply me sir please
Go learn web design and maintenance, I know guys who make at least $300 a month as beginners designing website for people online through.

You can't go wrong with air condition repair and services, they never go out of fashion, my friends who do it in Lagos all own their own houses.

You can also learn how to hatch fish, that one is more lucrative but after learning you need money to invest.

Carpentry is a good skill to learn, if you ever find yourself abroad, that skill is recession Proof, you know why? Cause they build almost every house with wood.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ItzWonderz(m): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
rayopt:

yeepa!!!!

mehn am sooo humbled by this thread. people should really start shedding off their fake life and start being real!!!

lyk OP, am a teacher with exactly 20k for payday. .the truth is, I like love what I do and so, am into different educational business outfit. The hustle is crazy, the cash is really nothing but i know something is building up. with that mindset, i try to get better everyday. improve my skills. expand my knowledge and deliver quality services against all odds.

why would I do all these?
well, I dropped out of uni (financials noni) and there certainly won't be any office work for me but i dare any school to look at my CV again after giving me 10minutes with their students. now, that's the difference.

and would this teaching be my only source of income?
certainly not! am an investor. investing time and money on other ventures. an investor with a zeal to learn, unlearn and relearn. .

don't forget that am still a broke boy hustling tho'

Bro,,perhaps u cud enlighten me on what u invest on,,no knowledge is wasted.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by mastermaestro(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:
Well I earn less than 23k. I am just existing. Shame has been my name. I am 33 with a B.Sc

It is well. Your light will shine soon! For your shame Heaven will reward you with double honour in JESUS' name. Cheers bro!

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ItzWonderz(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

Bros show us the way Na: even if you don't give us fish, you can teach us how to fish.

lol,,talking bout fish,,na Easter period i chop better fish last n na twice or so i don chop chicken dis year. Just on mah own,hustling. God blesd us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Do Air Traffic Controllers Earn In Nigeria? / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / B.sc In Economics Or Accounting.please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.