Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? (21211 Views)

Be Self Dependent Financially. / Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / Exam Malpractice: Central University Student Ghana Wrote Answer On Bald Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Iraug(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
I happened to be a caterer then, and we go for outings almost every weekends because I have connections with many caterers
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Khalifa04: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
Electrical Installation and Lighting (stage,church, club. etc)
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by wasuka14(m): 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
After my graduation i personally refuse to joined Journey Of Broke called JOB. I started agric biz later with Investment and Networking Business. See, it is only you that knw ur dreams in life. Whater u choose seek for knwledge!
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by opeyemmmy(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
VocalWalls:
Mtn operamini cheat codes.
Then I sold blackberry phones while it was still trending.
I contested and won P.R.O. for my department so I was eating dues.
Did machinery, caught once, went to sanko.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by MrOdyssey(m): 11:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
its very easy to market them. u can take them to market or sell it to those roasting corn by the road side. I have checked one market close to my school and demand for corn there is high same with d price.
well I plan to cultivate it next session becos we are rounding up our second semester exam 23rd of these month and we are vacating the school hostel after exam, by God grace I will cultivate d farm by September when we resume and am going to plant cassava because its easy to maintain and it's not going to affect my studies. I would av love to plant pumpkin but it requires intensive care of which I don't av d time for.

Damn!. Did i just hear u say take it to the market to sell?. Lolz. Mehn. I can't imagine my self going to a market place to sell corn. Ok. I will go wit the second option. Sell it those street women roasting corn.

I intend using paid labour. I.e pay people to cultivate the farmland for me while i nurse the plant and do the harvesting my self. Can i still make a reasonable profit from the sells of the corn even after paying for the labour?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by ErepaTV: 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
queenfav:
By the grace of God.. We are still blowing.

Blow it to my side o..
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ponzii
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 08, 2017
MrOdyssey:

Damn!. Did i just hear u say take it to the market to sell?. Lolz. Mehn. I can't imagine my self going to a market place to sell corn. Ok. I will go wit the second option. Sell it those street women roasting corn.

I intend using paid labour. I.e pay people to cultivate the farmland for me while i nurse the plant and do the harvesting my self. Can i still make a reasonable profit from the sells of the corn even after paying for the labour?
why not do mixed cropping if you want to use labourers? you can plant casava along side with d corn and u can pay the laborers and balance it with d money gotten from d sale of corn. so that ur cassava will be ur gain and u don't run at lost. becos paying labourers just to cultivate corn might not be profitable but it also depend on the size of farm. so its advisable u just pay for the preparation of d land, I believe you can plant by ur self with accurate spacing and maintain the crop as it grows to minimize cost of input.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Lexmane(m): 3:27am On Jun 08, 2017
I am still an undergrad, in my finals though.

OAU is just one of the schools that allows you to hone your entrepreneurial tendencies.

As for me, I act as middleman between buyers and Sellers, like OLX.

I know a lil bit of phone repair ,so I do repair phones for peeps and charge token.

And yes, I buy things like gas cylinders, cupboards phones, anything I know will be of benefits to students and subsequently sell. It has always been fun.

It hasn't been easy mehn but niqqur's gotta survive.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Ademat7(m): 4:30am On Jun 08, 2017
MrOdyssey:

Wow. Nice idea. i have a parcel of land alloted to me by my parents. they land has since laid bare for quit a long time now as i didn't have an idea wat to do wit it. i'm a 200L student too anyway.

i will like to know if you don't mind :
1.After you harvest how exactly do u plan to make money out of the harvested maize?.. sell them i suppose.
Do you have a customer target?
2.whats your plan for the farmland after these planting season?

i wouldn't want to rush into cultivating the farmland and then abandon it after these planting season.
Rainy season is when u can cultivate the land because u don't hv borehole or well

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Ademat7(m): 4:33am On Jun 08, 2017
ugonna1054:
i need something like this too...can u hook me up? Im in Lagos, yaba area
register on tuteria.com for home tutorial
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by tiso222(m): 5:59am On Jun 08, 2017
I was into computer engineering, which help me alot. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by VocalWalls: 6:56am On Jun 08, 2017
opeyemmmy:

It was a part of the benefits bro... undecided undecided
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by LieDetector(m): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2017
Khalifa04:
Electrical Installation and Lighting (stage,church, club. etc)
this sounds noble. You must have made alotta dough outta ya skill. What type of electrical installation and Lighting? Ama have to learn the skill bro. Seems it can be sustainable.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by sergi99(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2017
Following this thread as it is really helpful,used to do ushering jobs earlier,but it's no longer forth coming, and i need something to keep body and soul togeda
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Magjoel(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2017
LieDetector:
I've browsed through nairaland searching for information that would give me a hint as per the things I can do to be financially independent and control my life. I'll be finishing school this year from the faculty of education albeit still young. I would love to get myself a degree in a professional course like pharmacy. I don't intend to be sponsored by my parents but myself this time. I'm just clueless as to what I can do to achieve that feat. If I should decide to work with my degree in education, the options would be limited to teaching which isn't what I want at this time.

Your kind contributions would be greatly appreciated.

To the pharmacy students and licenced pharmacists out there, I understand how time is of immense importance to having a good pharmacy degree, however, I'd be needing your opinion as it relates to time management in my case. Do you think it's a feat I can pull? Thanks

Mods, you may be helping some other person out there get an education.
you can start teaching so you will earn some money.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Ogbodoo: 11:27am On Jun 08, 2017
myking95:

Can that PC GIVE do research analysis on engineering projects? And which state exactly? Cuz where I reside even common software like solidworks na work to find am.

I dont really know if it can do Engineering analysis. But if Engineering analysis involves the use of OLS regression analysis, ECM, Cointegration, ADF, etc, then, it can give you what you want.

I reside in PH and I have Eview v.7, SATA 12, Mintab v.16, PC GIVE. I also help people who want to do their research analysis on Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Economics, and all the social science courses, managment courses, etc. irrespective of where they are. We only communicate via phone calls and email.

Send me your project topics, chapters 1 - 3 and I will handle the data, analysis and chapters 4-5 and send back to you in a jiffy.

Call today if you need one 08068735953.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by preciousnobel(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ogbodoo:
Depending on the course you study, you can do research analysis for people. When I was an undergraduate, I discovered that many final years in my dept would seek the services of outsiders to do their analysis for them using any of the analytical softwares e.g. Eviews, Sata, Minitab, PC Give. I quickly bought PC GIVE and EViews which the lecturers allowed (N150 each), installed it and learnt how to use it, interpret results and present it online.

Each analysis I do costs between 10k to 50K. It takes only about 1 day to do an analysis of 50k. I took care of myself till I left school.

Hello! Pls can I send a PM?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Ogbodoo: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
preciousnobel:

Hello! Pls can I send a PM?

Yes you can. To make the communication faster, give me a call on 08068735953
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Khalifa04: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
LieDetector:
this sounds noble. You must have made alotta dough outta ya skill. What type of electrical installation and Lighting? Ama have to learn the skill bro. Seems it can be sustainable.
though have been into electrical installation before gaining admission back in 2013 am studying Elect/elect, while doing these I discover students organized shows they want decorating light in d hall but to expensive so dey hardly do it,I talk to a brother doing such work in Lagos,i talk to pple about it, he always give d light to me as rent whenever i need it i got a contract to light a club DAT how pple known me as light man ,I also do light for churches when doing outside crusade and decorating light if there is an indoor event
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by LieDetector(m): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Khalifa04:
though have been into electrical installation before gaining admission back in 2013 am studying Elect/elect, while doing these I discover students organized shows they want decorating light in d hall but to expensive so dey hardly do it,I talk to a brother doing such work in Lagos,i talk to pple about it, he always give d light to me as rent whenever i need it i got a contract to light a club DAT how pple known me as light man ,I also do light for churches when doing outside crusade and decorating light if there is an indoor event
underscores why it's good to have a skill before enrolling in the University. I never had a skill. Reason I've been so much dependent upon my parents for EVERYTHING that is required in school. I do feel ashamed seeing some colleagues delve into hustle with their respective skills and they make some dough. They enjoy school because they get anything they want.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by preciousnobel(m): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ogbodoo:

Yes you can. To make the communication faster, give me a call on 08068735953
Is that your Whatsapp number?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by adeoba2008(m): 8:41am On Jun 09, 2017
dauddy97:
pls,help a brother.how do i start blogging and earn frm it.

inbox me @ adeoba2008@gmail.com
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by dauddy97(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2017
adeoba2008:

inbox me @ adeoba2008@gmail.com
messaged
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by ugonna1054(m): 12:48am On Jun 10, 2017
Ademat7:
register on tuteria.com for home tutorial
okay..thanks
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by donjosh47: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
One day na one day hustle go pay
I do wash people cars for money
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by emmyreb(f): 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hamsaini:
then? Can you still connect me? I need good quality at best price

just seeing this
WhatsApp
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by preciousnobel(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ogbodoo:
Depending on the course you study, you can do research analysis for people. When I was an undergraduate, I discovered that many final years in my dept would seek the services of outsiders to do their analysis for them using any of the analytical softwares e.g. Eviews, Sata, Minitab, PC Give. I quickly bought PC GIVE and EViews which the lecturers allowed (N150 each), installed it and learnt how to use it, interpret results and present it online.

Each analysis I do costs between 10k to 50K. It takes only about 1 day to do an analysis of 50k. I took care of myself till I left school.

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by preciousnobel(m): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ogbodoo:

My discipline is medical physiology, can I learn this?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by preciousnobel(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Besto:
Fiverr paid the bills...
How? Can you expantiate?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
beardlessdude:
but you know how to write articles? from what you wrote up there, your writing is impressive. That is also a skill that can bring money on fiverr.
How else can I write articles apart from going on fiverr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements / Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? / The Euphoria of CGPA and the Illusion of Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.