Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. (1766 Views)

My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy / Woman Thought To Be Dead Re-unites With Her Family After 35 Years. Photos / Little Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Ikorodu Reunites With Her Family. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
I kinda need una advice,

I need to do this with my second account cos she follows my main account here on nairaland. lol...

I have been going out with my girlfriend for almost three years now and i am definitely going to take it to the next level with her.
She will be graduating from college this year November and I have never met her parents once.
The challenge is, i dont want to meet her parents at her graduation which will make it look less than a get to know you family affair and i will be so irrelevant in the setting.

Now I am a very busy person (Lagos work lifestyle) and the only time i can comfortably make it is Xmas/New year holiday.
What do you think, is it better i go to meet them before then at their home or just play along till the Xmas/New year hols.

Thanks in adv.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Papiikush: 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
Meeting her parents for the first time is no big deal. Just pick a time convenient for you
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2017
Why not arrange with your woman to meet them as soon as possible.. theres no point waiting, next weekend will do just fine smiley
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
24sqm:
Why not arrange with your woman to meet them as soon as possible.. theres no point waiting, next weekend will do just fine smiley
bros, lol, i go need plan am well o. am always nervous when i think about it.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
siobh:

you dont have to be nervous, good you've decided to do the needful..I'm sure they're waiting to meet you as well..but be ready for some serious questions o
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
Papiikush:
Meeting her parents for the first time is no big deal. Just pick a time convenient for you
i am lost, just in btw before graduation or after.
24sqm:
you dont have to be nervous, good you've decided to do the needful..I'm sure they're waiting to meet you as well..but be ready for some serious questions o
will shrug the nervousness off once i initiate the whole show definitely. thanks.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 9:50am On Oct 25, 2017
24sqm:
Am doing this by weekend.
angry
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by izaray(f): 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

Forget about been nervous, procastination is dangerous. Just try and start from somewhere, You can choose weekend for dat.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

angry
Wish you all the best bro

1 Like

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Bigsteveg(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

angry
Lets know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Almaiga: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
If you feel nervous as you claim, then ask any of your Male friend to accompany you. His presence will boost your confidence. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2017
Lol,

T shirt check. Jean check. Sneakers Check.
or Native check. Palm slippers Check.

Traveling down with my uncle/cousin, sister and brother in law tomorrow.
Since my mom's retirement ceremony is tomorrow, we will touchdown by Saturday.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by PresVA: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2017
siobh:
Lol,

T shirt check. Jean check. Sneakers Check.
or Native check. Palm slippers Check.

Traveling down with my uncle/cousin, sister and brother in law tomorrow.
Since my mom's retirement ceremony is tomorrow, we will touchdown by Saturday.
Lol, all the best

1 Like

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by LewsTherin: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2017
Was about to post when I saw you've already decided and made plans. I'll still say my bit anyway.

If her graduation was much closer than Christmas, I would have felt that would be the perfect first meet opportunity. That way, her parents see you ina "non threatening" situation. You are their daughter's friend and are celebrating with them. In that environment, everyone is happy. So their first memory of you is a joyful one. By the time you come to see them with schnapps and whatnot, they already associate you with good memories. It should remove a lot of the awkwardness and formality and smoothen things for you.

That's what I would have done anyway.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 11:27am On Oct 26, 2017
PresVA:
Lol, all the best
Thanks men, she wont be around so it will be less awkward for me.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2017
LewsTherin:
Was about to post when I saw you've already decided and made plans. I'll still say my bit anyway.

If her graduation was much closer than Christmas, I would have felt that would be the perfect first meet opportunity. That way, her parents see you ina "non threatening" situation. You are their daughter's friend and are celebrating with them. In that environment, everyone is happy. So their first memory of you is a joyful one. By the time you come to see them with schnapps and whatnot, they already associate you with good memories. It should remove a lot of the awkwardness and formality and smoothen things for you.

That's what I would have done anyway.
Unfortunately, the graduation has been postponed indefinitely.
I am relocating and we may be moving together, more reason we/I have to do this now.

Thanks man anyways.
Maybe you'll be my best man.
lol
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by LewsTherin: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
siobh:

Unfortunately, the graduation has been postponed indefinitely.
I am relocating and we may be moving together, more reason we/I have to do this now.

Thanks man anyways.
Maybe you'll be my best man.
lol

I charge dude. And I ain't cheap. wink

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
next time she goes home, TAG ALONG, and let the cat out of the bag, et voila.... definitely a NO-NO during the festivities (when they could be very busy etc)

1 Like

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Bigsteveg(m): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
LewsTherin:

Lol
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2017
LewsTherin:

Hian, Just helping a brother out??
You now want to charge??
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by LewsTherin: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2017
siobh:

Hian, Just helping a brother out??
You now want to charge??

Even fathers that brought us into this world without our permission expect us to pay them for bringing us into this world how much less me.

Abeggi. (In P Square 's voice) Make I chop im moni. Chop im moniii. Chop im moni. I don't care grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2017
LewsTherin:

Even fathers that brought us into this world without our permission expect us to pay them for bringing us into this world how much less me.

Abeggi. (In P Square 's voice) Make I chop im moni. Chop im moniii. Chop im moni. I don't care grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 10:38am On Oct 31, 2017
T'was a great weekend, so i went to her dad and the old man took me to his pastor/lawyer.
We had a nice chat, my sister, uncle and a cousin went along.
The man agree sha, as i don fine finish, I even bribe my babe's junior sister so she go dey help me tidy them for house.
Everything on check. Intro by December.

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2017
siobh:
T'was a great weekend, so i went to her dad and the old man took me to his pastor/lawyer.
The man agree sha, as i don fine finish, I even bribe my babe's junior sister so she go dey help me tidy them for house.

This made me smile... congratulations!
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by chival(f): 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
siobh:

Nice. We'll expect lots of pictures pre and post. Beyond all of that, work on making yourself a good husband and bringing your half of what it takes to make a marriage succeed. That is the main thing. Congratulations.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Vycko:

This made me smile... congratulations!
Thanks Dear.
Re: Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. by siobh: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
chival:

Nice. We'll expect lots of pictures pre and post. Beyond all of that, work on making yourself a good husband and bringing your half of what it takes to make a marriage succeed. That is the main thing. Congratulations.
lol, pictures, am camera shy.
I know she will drag me in though, but till then.
Thanks for the golden advise.

(1) (Reply)

Guess What Grandma Is Thinking In These Picture !!! / I Ask Him Watin His Wife Born And He Wasn't Proud/happy To Say It / The Ring And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.