Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War (2193 Views)

2019: Olawepo Hashim And The Arewa Challenge / Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. / Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by kettykings: 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Blogosphere has been awash with the threat of an eviction of the Igbo race living in the North by october 1 2017 by no other group than the Hausa / Fulani.

After being piqued by such an abherent absent minded open delcaration of war on igbos becuase some people think that 2017 is another 1967 episode , i have now realised that a common denominator in Nigeria is for history to always make a repeat like it did when Buhari won an election and after 2 years has to be on and off like yaradua.

while i am dont intend to bore you with a long epistle , let me go staright to the nitty gritty of my discussion.
Can the Hausa/ Fulani un Aided by any of the world powers defeat the igbos in any war
Please before you answer the question , a cursory look at the past of both groups will be very needful

The War history of the Arewa
The Hausa to the best of my knowledge has not embarked in any war except the local farm land fights and squabbles , while the Fulani's have been a warring race right from the day they stepped their foot in Nigeria.
Among the Numerous wars of the fulani are the fulani Jihad where Usman dan Fodio assembled a Fulani army to lead in jihad against the Hausa kingdoms of the north of Nigeria. The forces of Usman dan Fodio slowly took over more and more of the Hausa kingdoms, capturing Gobir in 1808 and executing Yunfa. The war resulted in the creation of the Sokoto Caliphate, headed by Usman dan Fodio, which became one of the largest states in Africa in the 19th century. His success inspired similar jihads in Western Africa.

The failed invasion of the Karnem Borno Empire and the foray of the fulani to the western part of Nigeria via illorin
The War history of the Igbos
The igbos on the other hand are also a warring tribe and the only tribe known to have fought and resisted a combination of the British Empire, Soviet Union, Egypt, Sudan ,East German Pilots , Niger, Cameroon and Saudi Arabia for more than 30 Months .

Notable among the igbo wars are the Aro Anglo war that was fought by the Aro confederacy against an invading army of the British,The Aro Confederacy, whose powers extended across Eastern Nigeria and beyond was challenged in the last decades of the 19th century by increasing British penetration of the hinterland. The Aro people and their allies resisted the penetration which threatened their culture, influence, and sovereignty.

The Aro Ibibio war which was a war between the Aro Confederacy and the Ibibios in the present Akwa Ibom which was war over land.
The Ekumeku resistance which was a war fough to resist the colonisation of the igbo speaking part of delta.

2 Likes

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
6 days too long, tell them to go meet demigods666 for African bomb, it will quickly end in a flash with more than thousands dead. that nigga is lit.

cool

1 Like

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by baralatie(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
only mouth aboki make all of una dey shake like Christmas turkey.naa die matter you wan take form levels.I sorry for una

4 Likes

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Fremancipation: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
Even with all the groups in Nigeria joining the in the uncivil war to fight against the Igbos, they wouldn't have been able to defeat Biafra with out the unlimited supply of weapons by the British, then followed by the soviet union.

A war analyst back in 2010, said that of all the weapons Nigeria used against Biafra, none of them can be produced today in Nigeria.

His argument was that the Igbos were actually fighting the British empire and NOT Nigeria. Nigeria was just used as a "tool" to put defeat Igbos because they were scared of their empire crumbling in Africa.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Princesaha: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=baralatie post=57289440]only mouth aboki make all of una dey shake like Christmas turkey.naa die matter you wan take form levels.I sorry for una[/quote
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by lirusehn(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
when would this biafran nonsense stop abeg? it's getting boring as opinion is obviously getting cheaper. mtchew undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Princesaha: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
baralatie:
only mouth aboki make all of una dey shake like Christmas turkey.naa die matter you wan take form levels.I sorry for una
My man, If you think that Hausa/Fulani alone without the support of other Nigerians will defeat Igbos in a warfare then you must be sleeping on a moving bicycle. I just pray that other tribes go neutral on this and let's see how it is going to end. That Southerners are not blood thirsty and always apply diplomacy should not be mistaken as a sign of weakness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Fremancipation: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ojukwu was right when he said they were ready to repel Nigerian attack in the beginning of the war BUT he never factored in that the British, soviet union, and some Arab states will join in the fight.

He thought the fight was going to be between Biafra and Nigeria.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by baralatie(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
Princesaha:

My man, If you think that Hausa/Fulani alone without the support of other Nigerians will defeat Igbos in a warfare then you must be sleeping on a moving bicycle. I just pray that other tribes go neutral on this and let's see how it is going to end. That Southerners are not blood thirsty and always apply diplomacy should not be mistaken as a sign of weakness.
oh! the stupidity of the thought of war that resides in the heart of some Igbo kids.you have never been in a war situation neither have you ever had a war combat experience talk much of boko haram.I pity all of you that think war is like video games or like american movies or like the us allies formation against Iraq.
if you push that devilish button of war.forget that the Igbo race will survive the onslaught mentally,financially and physically.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by ERockson: 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
No matter your population in other region you cant win a war against your host.
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by ERockson: 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
Fremancipation:
Ojukwu was right when he said they were ready to repel Nigerian attack in the beginning of the war BUT he never factored in that the British, soviet union, and some Arab states will join in the fight.

I guess Biafrans have factored all indices now so that your incoming generation won't tell this same story
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Fremancipation: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
ERockson:

I guess Biafrans have factored all indices now so that your incoming generation won't tell this same story

This generation is using diplomatic means through peaceful protests and using diaspora communities to lobby foreign nations. Nobody in my generation wants another war but as human beings we retain our rights to self defense if the need comes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by rayblast(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Op my only problem will u where u go dey wen d war begin? Cos fire no dey Sabi d face for d person wey make am ó. So no pray for war abi dey look for d person wey go win d war wen d thing start.Cos u might not even b alive to know if Nigeria actual splited. No b d person wey car hit dey remember carry d car nùmber
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
One and one,Igbo vs Hausa/Fulani...Hausa/Fulani can't do shiit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Abagworo(m): 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2017
My brother your analysis is too myopic and unrealistic. The Sokoto caliphate cuts across countries and united by religion while the Igbos are yet to even unite within our small area of Southeast. There is actually no war coming as everything is a PDP drama. The aim is to halt anti-corruption war ahead of 2019 elections because they will not be able to move enough money to challenge APC. the IPOB and Arewa youths are just PDP sponsored groups and they will soon be exposed.

1 Like

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by onyekabe(m): 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
very soon Somalia will be better than Nigeria make una continue.
weapon manufacturing companies are looking for where to sale their ammunition
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Fremancipation: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Abagworo:
My brother your analysis is too myopic and unrealistic. The Sokoto caliphate cuts across countries and united by religion while the Igbos are yet to even unite within our small area of Southeast. There is actually no war coming as everything is a PDP drama. The aim is to halt anti-corruption war ahead of 2019 elections because they will not be able to move enough money to challenge APC. the IPOB and Arewa youths are just PDP sponsored groups and they will soon be exposed.

This is a new low for you...SAD!!!

1 Like

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by RobbStark(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
Princesaha:

These Igbos you believe can fight the hausas, I hope you are not including the states in the SS?

You liepods shud jus face East.
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by RobbStark(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Jus like Rochas, I see that you have lost it.
Now Arewa youths are now PDP.
Wonders shall never cease.

This is indeed a low for you like someone rightly said.

Clap for yourself A bag of gworo

1 Like

Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by DerideGull(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Why do some folks lack fundamental stream of thought? The issue of Nigeria is beyond partisan politics. This is issue of unity or lack thereof.
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Ovamboland(m): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Fremancipation:

Foolishness at it's zenith from a masters degree holder in history, and British trained soldier
Re: How The War Between Igbos And The Arewa Will Be A 6 Day War by Princesaha: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
RobbStark:

These Igbos you believe can fight the hausas, I hope you are not including the states in the SS?

You liepods shud jus face East.
Mister, hear me wella now. Hausa/Fulani alone without the support of the middle belt, Yoruba and other ethnic groups CANNOT win the Igbos in a warfare. I just pray that other tribes stay neutral on this and let's wait and see the outcome.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Assembly Demands Referendum, Says Nigerian Unity Negotiable / Biafran House Spoted In Enugu (pics) / Buhari Orders Fresh Offensive Against Biafra Agitators, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.