Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council (847 Views)

Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze / 3 Months Ultimatum: Reno Omokri Mocks Northern Youths, Praises Nnamdi Kanu / South And Middle Belt Youth Replies Arewa Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by phylshan: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
PRESS RELEASE BY THE MIDDLE BELT YOUTH COUNCIL.
DATE: 7TH JUNE, 2017
We wish to express our profound gratitude to God for keeping us alive today. Middle Belt Youth Council is extremely concerned about the ongoing regional tension in Nigeria today and we want to make our position clear to the world. In the light of incessant threats to one Nigeria posed by killer-herdsmen, we want to call on good people of Middle Belt to first of all, *support the Anti-grazing Bill.* Grazing by Fulani herdsmen on our land has become the major cause of conflicts in our region therefore, we’re calling for total ban on open grazing so as to save the lives of our people and their farmlands.
Secondly, it’s no longer news that our country Nigeria is facing a daunting challenge of peace and unity but we want to assure the good citizens of Nigeria that we have been a peace-loving people and we’ll continue to be. But, in an event one part of the country decides to go away as a separate entity, Middle Belt is also ready to make an independent statement.
We want to clarify those who think that the Middle Belt is part of the North: God created everywhere and everyone and He gave it to whom He chooses and Middle Belt is a creation of God and not man (Usman dan Fodio). Therefore, we choose what to use our land for, how to run it and where we want to be. Middle Belt has been a home for the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, South-South and the South-West without any form of discrimination against anyone. We’ve accommodated every Nigerian for centuries now. We deserve respect and commendations. If the Arewa youths are sending away Igbos from their states, we in the Middle Belt are ready to offer them accommodation in our land (which is an inheritance from God and nobody will take it away from us) for them to continue with their life and businesses.
Southern Nigeria people should also know that ‘Middle Belters’ are not northerners and we can never be because we’re not affiliated in terms of culture, language, education, economy, and general lifestyle. The Biafran struggle did not come as an accident but as a result of injustice and unfair treatment to regions, people or religion. Over the years, our federalism has been a fat lie that deprives political rights and freedom of some sections of the country while others benefit immensely from it. Middle Belt has been at the receiving end of this inequitable arrangement in which our people in Southern Kaduna, Southern Bauchi, Southern Borno, Southern Kebbi, Adamawa are under constant alienation and annihilation.
Therefore, Middle Belt strongly stands for reconstruction of Nigeria not only restructuring. We’ll join hands with Southern Nigerian people to actualize it. In view of this press statement, we want to urge Middle Belters to remain resolute in making sure we protect our future against the claims by the Hausa/Fulani. More so, for want of peace and unity of dear country Nigeria, we call on Igbo nation to feel at home in the Middle Belt in an event they are sent away from the Arewa land.
God bless Nigeria! God bless the Middle Belt.
*Signed: President,
Emma Zopmal
Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by Zonacom(m): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
Sauce

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by Mrjo(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Omenka ur brothers has spoken. After the amount of money that confab take one man said is for the archive

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by kuboy: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
I told dem dat no one will want to live a life witout freedom or peace , i want to life were i can go to any way i fill lik to buy a botle of beer an drink an i will drink wiout fear of being atack or been kill by becouse sombody draw catoon in his huse in US an i am been atack here. Thank for dis great suport , together we shall biuld great nation so help us God.

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by softmind24: 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
Story
Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by Nwodosis(m): 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu has indeed untied a lot of blindfolds!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by caspet(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
Wow....these struggle is becoming an interesting issue..1st time in history the middle belt stood their ground...where are all those generals from states like Benue, Plateau, Kwara, Taraba & so on.Hope the likes of David Mark & co will stand for their people and say" NO" to making middle belt a battle ground for both when the war song begins...Please & please since the north are agitating for this, let's make the North the battle ground so that the blood that will be shield will flow on their lands......we're all going to dance according to the tune of the war song played by the north.....
#istandforonenigeria..#saynotowar....#uniteinlove
Re: 3 Months Ultimatum: We Will Join Southern Nigeria- Middle Belt Youth Council by Gravas(m): 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
This is a fact! I support. It is a choice between life and death. To live or not to live. To go where life is guaranteed even if you are suffering, or where you are full of fear and uncertainty about your life and can be slaughtered any moment. Everyone will choose life over death. This is the verdict in the Middle Belt now. People are enlightened these days. Times have changed.

(1) (Reply)

'Say No 2 Evil Recal,Dino Melaye's Our Light':Protest In Support Of Dino In Kogi / VIDEO: If Anambra Vote, I’ll Denounce My Igbo Origin – Us-based Biafran Man / Buhari Is A Son Of Perdition And A Tyrannical Servant Of Satan- FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.