Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes (6401 Views)

Ruga: Protesters Storm Plateau State Government House (photos) / Jeremiah Useni Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Plateau State / Missing Army General Alkali Car Found Inside A Pond In Plateau State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
I don't really know the section to post this (Politics, romance, dairies, NYSC undecided)

Anyways,

...This happened many years ago, during my NYSC....

I served in one of the States in the Niger Delta

On the last day of Camping, when posting letters were being shared, the atmosphere was tense, almost every Corper was worried about the unknown location the were posted to....

Various groups, PPAs, Churches came to Camp, to pick up their respective Corp members... You know the drill

For some reasons, me and my Cousin(who was also in Camp with me) never planned to stay in any Family house, Church premises, official Corpers Lodge etc

Lucky enough we were both posted to the Capital of the state, so we stayed in a hotel, pending our clearance/acceptance from our respective PPAs.

This clearance/acceptance letter took a very long time due to some bureaucratic procedures in our respective PPAs, in effect of this, we could no longer pay for our Hotel bills (because we never anticipated to stay more than 10 days in a Hotel)..

We just thought we could do all necessary clearance within 2-4 days, then travel back home, and then come back and rent an apartment. WE WERE DAMN WRONG..

We were confused, our money wasn't really impressive again wink, a day before our Hotel bill expired, I decided to visit some Church/Family houses like: redemm Family House, NIFES family house , NFCS and NCCF....

The were either filled to Capacity or the had some crazy Rules and Regulations which I couldn't subject myself to.....(story for another day)

The purpose of the Visit was to check whether we could move in, due to our financial crisis angry angry

On the day our bill was to expire, we begged the Hotel manager for a Bonus (extra day), he Refused angry

So I went back to my PPA to Ginger the "management" to either accept me or reject me, so I will know my faith and stop wasting my time.. The didn't give me any new response except "we are working on your letter, the Open registry has sent it to the bla bla bla for documentation"

(Note, the PPA I was posted to, told me to wear my Corper's uniform anytime I'm coming, for easy identification) angry

Trekking back to the Hotel, I was so depressed and downcast, on my way I heard a shout "Corper wee, Corper wee"
I wanted to respond "Thunder fire you idiot" but I held myself, I said "Waa" very reluctantly and tired..

The person (who happened to be a man) asked why my face was so sad and things like that, I kept walking on, ignoring him...

He was persistent, he even offered me to join him in his table
(he was in a Bar, all this road side bars/restaurant, very common in the state I served), I was like Wetin I dey form self..
I came back and sat with him, we engaged in a discussion, I told him all the challenges I had at that time, he offered me a place to stay, he even told me some Corpers were staying with him..

I was very skeptical, because he did not look like an indigène of the State... I said to myself, could he be a Ritualist, a homosexual cheesy, I thought he was Igbo, because a lot of Igbos were resident in the state.
I spoke Igbo language to him, he didn't also understand..

I thanked him, I told him I will be coming, we exchanged contacts, he even offered me transport money, but I refused to collect cool..

To be continued

3 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
The next day, I called him, he told me that he was at work, but I should go to his house, that people are there, and he has already told them that we were coming...

So we went angry, on getting there, we were received by 3 people (2 boys and 1 girl) who happened to be Corpers..
It was a 2 ensuit single room with kitchen and parlor..

Me and my Cousin already planned not to ask much questions about the man or his accommodation, we also decided not to speak in Igbo language or Yoruba language, for integration and security reasons...

Everybody was quiet, you know that ackward silence.. Lol..
I decided to break the silence, by asking a crazy question "Abeg una PPA dey find Corpers, I wan do reposting"

The laughed, that's how we started talking, we talked about many things sports, romance, plans for the Service year etc...
Later on, another girl came in, who also amongst them, she was also a Corper...
We were offered food, we rejected ooo, I don watch too much Nollywood film cheesy....

In the evening time, the Man came back

To be continued

2 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by mazimee(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
Continue, I'm following

2 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by tommybliss007(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
guy continue your Tory nah

2 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by KINGinVAHALA: 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
He talked with us, and told us to sleep in the sitting room with the boys. The girls were already in 1 room
What shocked me was that, he offered us his own room, but we refused...

Anyways, long story short, we stayed with this man for more than 2 weeks..

It was one of the most memorable moments of my NYSC, the accommodation was so wonderful, the Corpers were so friendly to us, with exception of 1 girl (you know girls and their unnecessarily forming and activity)

The man fed us, gave us money occasionally,
we later found out that he was from Plateau state.
And that 3 of those Corps members are also from Plateau state (Beromm or so).
The girl who usually forms for us was even an Igbo girl.. angry angry
The Igbo girl happend to be a close friend of the Plateau girl, that was how she was staying with them.....

One thing that surprised me was that, this man wasn't even directly related to any of the 3 Corps members, the only had the same State of Origin, and probably similar Local Government or Clan

Those Plateau Corpers also met the man in an almost similar incident that we met him.

Me and my cousin bonded so much with this Plateau boys nd girl, we became so close, the knew we were Igbos...
But the treated us like their brothers and sisters

We joked a lot about many things in Nigeria

To be continued

10 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by ChristineC: 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
following***

1 Like

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by oweniwe(m): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
Plateau/Benue people are very nice. ...

And I love their names....

John Nnaasong....!!... wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Finally my Cousin's PPA accepted him, he then proceeded to the NYSC Zonal Office in the state for further documentation and registration....

It was remaining me, I almost laid a curse on my PPA management, the kept me in a state of dilemma, in the sense that my original posting letter was with them, and no response was given....

So I could not go for Reposting or get another PPA, because I will require my original posting letter...

I complained to the NYSC officials about my situation, but the were not interested, the were more interested in sampling all the female corpers...

... Mehn, those officials bang Taya, the fuvked One Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin, sleeping with Ifeoma, amarachi, Adeola, Ronke, Oghenovo, Halima, Ekaitte, Ene, Ogheneruemu, Emiene, Magajiya, Katoucha Niane grin angry angry

This banging of female Corpers by NYSC officials was the cost for favors such as: reposting, change of PPA, change of CDS, registration problems, account information problems, etc even girls who were posted to Rural (Villages) areas, that wanted to be transferred to the State Capital, all paid dearly with their Reproductive systems angry angry angry and some glands (mammary) wink wink ....

The boys were taxed, bribe

To be continued....

9 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by mazimee(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2017
You guys were lucky, that kind of gesture is rare.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 12:16am On Jun 08, 2017
So what should we do with this nonsense story? undecided and what how does it relate to politics?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 12:17am On Jun 08, 2017
An official told me to give him 20K, for another posting letter, imagine angry
20K was much more than my Alawee..

And I was already low on Cash generally, because of my Hotel Sojourn....
Too much forming no good ooooo...
I for jejely stay for Family house from beginning, I carry myself enter Hotel angry angry

Now, my Cousin was done with the registration and clearance, he was about to travel back Home, he gave me some money, before he went cry cry

The man who accommodated us, gave him(my cousin) complete money for transportation...

Never knew some people can be so nice, especially to strangers

To be continued.....

7 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by dealslip(f): 12:21am On Jun 08, 2017
He is trying to pacify the middle belt with the story so they will accommodate them should they eventually have to leave the North. They don't want to go home again to Biafra

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 08, 2017
Did anyone for you to read it?

1 Like

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 12:30am On Jun 08, 2017
dealslip:
He is trying to pacify the middle belt with the story so they will accommodate them should they eventually have to leave the North. They don't want to go home again to Biafra

BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
So what should we do with this nonsense story? undecided and what how does it relate to politics?

1) I am not an IPOB member, go through my previous posts and topics, I even have arguments with them..

2) I don't support ALL idealogies of Nnamdi Kanu

3) I don't live in the North

4) Non of my family members lives in the North

5) I don't even live in Nigeria undecided

6) I'm talking about some people I had an encounter with who happened to be from Plateau state, I can't remember when 3-5 people from Plateau state, represents the whole Middle belt made up of 6 states with dozens of tribes, languages and states undecided undecided

Did you do Research at all in School?

Is this how to pacify Middle belt people undecided
I Taya for some of una, have you seen your Jamb results grin or was it seized by Jamb due to malpractice

Kindly respect yourself and go back to your tribal wars, and keep attacking Igbos in Biafra related threads

6) Carry your propaganda and anger to another thread....

I'm not your everyday e-warrior, I'm no troll or bigot, respect yourselves and get off my thread...

Nobody forced you to open it, na Curse grin grin
Anything Igbo, you must rush and open it, just to vomit rubbish, person wey do una this thing dey Asaba now, go beg am for forgiveness.....

No be me Curse una ooo grin grin grin

I posted this in Politics Section because that's my favorite section, if you read the beginning of the thread, I was actually thinking about were exactly I should put it

48 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 12:45am On Jun 08, 2017
I will be right back, lemme shower wink
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by mancanoe: 1:13am On Jun 08, 2017
Continue joor, I like ur free mind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Twizzy30(m): 1:19am On Jun 08, 2017
Op come continue ooo. Since my ticket don burst. Sleep no gree come

1 Like

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 1:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Twizzy30:
Op come continue ooo. Since my ticket don burst. Sleep no gree come
Hahaha.. I think say football Season don end, wetin you dey bet..

Taekwondo
grin
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 08, 2017
OP...something tells me you are Yorubaa pretending to be Igbo. The implicit message in your narrative is Igbo don't like themselves.
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 1:29am On Jun 08, 2017
After my cousin left, I was a bit bored, because previously 1 male corper and 1 female corper had already traveled.. (The ones from Plateau state)

So, we were remaining 3, me, 1 plateau boy and 1 Igbo girl, plus the owner of the accommodation (the man)

Pls, I don't want to disclose his personal details (name, Job, age etc) due to privacy reasons....

This was the point a little drama started

To be continued .

1 Like

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 1:42am On Jun 08, 2017
new2020:
OP...something tells me you are Yorubaa pretending to be Igbo. The implicit message in your narrative is Igbo don't like themselves.

If you go to the market and speak Hausa language for an Hausa Onion seller, he will pack onions of #800 and sell it for you at #300....True Story wink

Just because you spoke the language, even though you're not fluent......

Now go to an Igbo man's shop grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin if you like speak in 17 different Igbo dialects, you ain't getting anything free grin grin grin grin

He will simply tell you: Nwanna/Nwanne, o bụ Ihe a na-ere ya, n'ebe nile angry grin angry angry grin grin
Gaa ebe ọzọ "check ya" ma m na-agha ụgha

Meaning: My brother, this is what the are selling it everywhere, go to another place and check whether I'm lying
grin grin grin grin

I didn't say anything about Igbos hating Igbos ooooo..... Lol.. Na u talk that 1

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by leofab(f): 2:14am On Jun 08, 2017
Yeye Op
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 2:29am On Jun 08, 2017
A Little Drama occurred...

We are now 3 Corpers, plus the Man... =4
3 males, 1 female...

How we usually eat a times, is a big pot of soup or stew as the case maybe, will be cooked by the man (who was an excellent cook by the way wink) or the Plateau lady (who has now traveled) ....

Then it will be divided into 2, the bigger part for us (Corpers), while the remaining will be kept for the man......
Now, this Soup/stew are usually kept in the Fridge, and the power supply was very nice, so the foods were always frozen.

So some hours before we eat, the Plateau girl, will bring out the Food from the fridge, so it can defrost....

As Africans, and normal culture.. We (that is me and the other Corper) thought that the girl (who is now remaining) will take over the responsibility of bringing out frozen food, boiling rice, making Garri grin grin for us...
Unto woman wey she be naaa...

And moreover she used to help the Plateau girl in such matters... So we thought she would continue her goodwill angry

Mehn, we were dead wrong ooo...

The girl na hard-core feminist and gender equality activist...

5 Likes

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 2:45am On Jun 08, 2017
One day, I confronted her about this, she replied me aggressively cheesy

She said something like "Hey, that's not why I'm here, You're a Corper, I'm a Corper too, Our NYSC allawe is the same sad angry angry sad cry cry cry, please don't get on my nerves, if you are hungry go get yourself something to eat " shocked shocked shockedundecided undecided

Mehn, I felt like crying.... But as a Typical Nigerian man, I told her:" I don't blame you.. It's because you're seeing me here grin grin do you know who I am grin
[s]Do you know I was staying in a hotel room before my Money finished [/s] cry cry grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 2:48am On Jun 08, 2017
Lemme eat, so hungry.. I'm gonna be back.....

To be continued
wink
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by mormonslayer: 3:02am On Jun 08, 2017
I think the OP is high on BURUKUTU and DOG meat right about now. Just playing ohhhhhh!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by Mcowubaba: 3:16am On Jun 08, 2017
mormonslayer:
I think the OP is high on BURUKUTU and DOG meat right about now. Just playing ohhhhhh!!!!

Make dem Catch you, dey Kill Dog publicly here, your matter go dey Court. Lol...

I'm actually a bit sleepy... I need to go bed early, I gat important things to do in the morning, but I promise to finish my story
...... Soonest
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by ruggedtimi(m): 3:31am On Jun 08, 2017
hmmm...kw*sia long story
Re: My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes by dealslip(f): 4:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Mcowubaba:

1) I am not an IPOB member, go through my previous posts and topics, I even have arguments with them..

2) I don't support ALL idealogies of Nnamdi Kanu

3) I don't live in the North

4) Non of my family members lives in the North

5) I don't even live in Nigeria undecided

6) I'm talking about some people I had an encounter with who happened to be from Plateau state, I can't remember when 3-5 people from Plateau state, represents the whole Middle belt made up of 6 states with dozens of tribes, languages and states undecided undecided

Did you do Research at all in School?

Is this how to pacify Middle belt people undecided
I Taya for some of una, have you seen your Jamb results grin or was it seized by Jamb due to malpractice

Kindly respect yourself and go back to your tribal wars, and keep attacking Igbos in Biafra related threads

6) Carry your propaganda and angry to another thread....

I'm not your everyday e-warrior, I'm no troll or bigot, respect yourselves and get off my thread...

Nobody forced you to open it, na Curse grin grin
Anything Igbo, you must rush and open it, just to vomit rubbish, person wey do una this thing dey Asaba now, go beg am for forgiveness.....

No be me Curse una ooo grin grin grin

I posted this in Politics Section because that's my favorite section, if you read the beginning of the thread, I was actually thinking about were exactly I should put it
Buhahaha! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SERAP Writes Buhari, Seeks Presidential Panel To Probe Corruption In NDDC / Breaking News: Buhari Seen At Port Harcourt (Igweocha) .Wonders!! / Kagara: SERAP Asks Buhari To Probe, Recover Billions Missing From UBEC, SUBEBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.