Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. (4437 Views)

Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) / See The Sack Letter Donald Trump Sent To The FBI Director, James Comey / Weeping Hillary Blames Obama And FBI Director James Comey For Loss. Video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 08, 2017
The prepared written testimony that former FBI Director James Comey is set to deliver on Thursday morning vindicates President Donald Trump’s claim that he was told three times that he was not under investigation.
At the same time, the Comey testimony refutes reports by CNN and other outlets that Comey would dispute that claim.
When Trump fired Comey, he wrote: “While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.”

As Zero Hedge noted Wednesday, CNN reported on Tuesday that Comey was “expected to refute Trump.” Citing an anonymous source, CNN reported that “Comey is expected to explain to senators that those were much more nuanced conversations from which Trump concluded that he was not under investigation.” Zero Hedge adds that CNN’s chief political analyst Gloria Borger, said: “Comey is going to dispute the president on this point if he’s asked about it by senators, and we have to assume that he will be. He will say he never assured Donald Trump that he was not under investigation, that that would have been improper for him to do so.”
However, Comey acknowledges in his prepared testimony that he did, in fact, tell Trump three times that he was not under investigation: once in a meeting at Trump Tower on January 6; a second time during a dinner on January 27 (which CNN says was “more nuanced”); and a third time during a telephone conversation on March 30. On a fourth occasion, in a phone call on April 11, the president said that he was not under investigation, and was not corrected.

CNN has now added a correction to the top of its story:

CORRECTION AND UPDATE: This article was published before Comey released his prepared opening statement. The article and headline have been corrected to reflect that Comey does not directly dispute that Trump was told multiple times he was not under investigation in his prepared testimony released after this story was published.

James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong

When Trump fired Comey, he wrote: “While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.”

However, Comey acknowledges in his prepared testimony that he did, in fact, tell Trump three times that he was not under investigation: once in a meeting at Trump Tower on January 6; a second time during a dinner on January 27 (which CNN says was “more nuanced”); and a third time during a telephone conversation on March 30. On a fourth occasion, in a phone call on April 11, the president said that he was not under investigation, and was not corrected.

CNN has now added a correction to the top of its story:

Corey’s written testimony contradicts Trump’s account of events in one respect — namely, that Trump asked Comey for his “loyalty.” However, Comey’s prepared remarks add a new revelation, which is that Comey agreed to provide “honest loyalty.” He speculates that it is possible that he had a different understanding of that phrase than the president did.
www.breitbart.com

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 08, 2017
Now I think the congress can now carry out Trumps agenda.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2017
Cc. Lucasbalo, what do you think?
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by obixcel(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
beamtopola:
Cc. Lucasbalo, what do you think?
Lol he's gone on holidays, to a safe space.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
obixcel:
Lol he's gone on holidays, to a safe space.
I called his attention, cus he once said that congress can carry out agenda of one which is under FBI investigation. He shud beta b out o
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
if the president of the united States of America says CNN is fake news, then it is definitely fake news, I've been listening to BBC since, my Grandaddy use to listen to BBC back then.

2 Likes

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:
if the president of the united States of America says CNN is fake news, then it is definitely fake news, I've been listening to BBC since, my Grandaddy use to listen to BBC back then.

Trump called BBC fake news too. He calls any news outlet fake news if it does not report as his Majesty wishes.

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
Comey called Trump a liar. How you omitted this piece in this context is remarkable. grin

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:
Comey called Trump a liar. How you omitted this piece in this context is remarkable. grin
Comey ended up implicqting Hillary and loretta lynch for obstruction of justice. She prevented FBI from going into Clinton foundation after she met with Bill in a private jet. Stop behaving like cnn, he never call trump a liar, throughout the hearing.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Trump called BBC fake news too. He calls any news outlet fake news if it does not report as his Majesty wishes.
this is very wrong, Trump will never call BBC fake news, because BBC is not an American media, if he says MSM a.k.a main stream media, he means CNN, NBC, CBS etc
I like that part where Marco Rubio asked him;
“Ever wonder why of all the things in this investigation, the only thing that’s never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation despite the fact that that both Democrats and Republicans in the leadership of Congress knew that and have known that for weeks”
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
beamtopola:

Comey ended up implicqting Hillary and loretta lynch for obstruction of justice. She prevented FBI from going into Clinton foundation after she met with Bill in a private jet. Stop behaving like cnn, he never call trump a liar, throughout the hearing.
guy are you red pilled?
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

guy are you red pilled?
I don't get u.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
beamtopola:
I don't get u.
have you taken the red pill
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

have you taken the red pill
Why re u this stu pid?
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

this is very wrong, Trump will never call BBC fake news, because BBC is not an American media, if he says MSM a.k.a main stream media, he means CNN, NBC, CBS etc
I like that part where Marco Rubio asked him;
“Ever wonder why of all the things in this investigation, the only thing that’s never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation despite the fact that that both Democrats and Republicans in the leadership of Congress knew that and have known that for weeks”

He called BBC "another beauty" after attacking a CNN reporter. It's on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTpiTJ8Y7OQ

Ironic that the Liar-In-Chief complains about fake news, isn't it? grin
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
beamtopola:

I don't give a fvck about Hillary. I have never supported her and I am happy not to see the Clinton clan that much on the TV anymore.
I do understand why you have to bring Hillary up to distract from Trump's hideous activities though. Comey's testimony was not good for Trump at all so stop deceiving yourself with alternative facts.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

what does another beauty mean, we are talking about referring to BBC as fake news, and what do you mean liar in Chief, guy you watch too much CNN.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 7:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

what does another beauty mean, we are talking about referring to BBC as fake news, and what do you mean liar in Chief, guy you watch too much CNN.
what did Trump lie about. You in particular don't even know why you hate Trump, you just hate him because other people hate him but the last time I checked the US stock are going up because investors have confidence in him. name one like that Trump told.

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

what did Trump lie about. You in particular don't even know why you hate Trump, you just hate him because other people hate him but the last time I checked the US stock are going up because investors have confidence in him. name one like that Trump told.

Mexico will pay for the wall.
I will repeal and replace Obamacare in my first 100 days in office.
Obama wiretapped the Trump Tower.
I have tapes of the conversations with Comey.
I will reveal my tax returns when Obama shows his birth certificate.

Are you blind? Deaf? Both?

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

He said that after his attack on CNN. Another beauty means another beauty like CNN. Don't act so naive.
I wonder why he has never called the Murdoch media fake news. The same media that supported Bush's Iraq War and his lies that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, which have not been found till the present day.

Objectivity feelgoodInc, objectivity!

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Stop watching CNN they re fake news.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
beamtopola:

Stop watching CNN they re fake news.

Stop watching FoxNews, they are fake and also stop listening to the Fake President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Obama has never released his birth certificate because it is sealed, now ask yourself why will Obama do that, does he have something to hide?
2. Trump didn't say he has any tapes on comey but suggested that he hope the tapes doesn't come out suggesting that comey must have taped him during their conversation.
3. Congress still has to vote to fund the wall but Congress didn't despite trump signing an executive order.
4. on the first day in office he signed an executive order to repeal Obamacare
he said his trademark as president is to repeal Obamacare
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000
and he is still doing it he didn't say he'll do it in 100 days I don't know where you get your news from.
it has to pass through lower house, remaining the upper house which it has
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39809168

get your facts right before you call someone blind.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39813825
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

Obama has never released his birth certificate because it is sealed, now ask yourself why will Obama do that, does he have something to hide?

In 2008, in response to media inquiries, the President’s campaign requested his birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. The state sent the campaign the President’s birth certificate, the same legal documentation provided to all Hawaiians as proof of birth in state, and the campaign immediately posted it on the internet. That birth certificate can be seen here (PDF).

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate

2. Trump didn't say he has any tapes on come but suggested that he hope the tapes doesn't come out suggesting that come must have taped him during their conversation.

3. Congress still has to vote to fund the wall but Congress didn't despite signing an executive order.

I thought Mexico was going to fund it. grin grin grin

4. on the first day in office he signed an executive order to repeal Obamacare
he said his trademark as president is to repeal Obamacare
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000
and he is still doing it he didn't say he'll do it in 100 days I don't know where you get your news from.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39809168

And he has still not come with anything that is better and will not deprive millions of American citizens of health care.

get your facts right before you call someone blind.

This is very funny now. cheesy

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Stop watching FoxNews, they are fake and also stop listening to the Fake President.
I will continue listening to him cous he always win. Russia propaganda is over, he can now get to work nd report illegal and Muslims.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

In 2008, in response to media inquiries, the President’s campaign requested his birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. The state sent the campaign the President’s birth certificate, the same legal documentation provided to all Hawaiians as proof of birth in state, and the campaign immediately posted it on the internet. That birth certificate can be seen here (PDF).

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate

I thought Mexico was going to fund it. grin grin grin

And he has still not come with anything that is better and will not deprive millions of American citizens of health care.

This is very funny now. cheesy
This is fake news hahaha America has over 100 billionaires including Trump and not one of them has sealed their birth certificates, not former president bill Clinton or George Bush, and also considering that Obama's half brother posted his real certificate here.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/barack-obama-half-brother-malik-kenya-birth-certificate-tweet-donald-trump-supporter-a7622346.html

the last time I checked people who sealed their birth certificate were those that weren't born there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealed_birth_records?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6300192427
get your facts straight boy.

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

This is fake news hahaha America has over 100 billionaires including Trump and not one of them has sealed their birth certificates, not former president bill Clinton or George Bush, and also considering that Obama's half brother posted his real certificate here.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/barack-obama-half-brother-malik-kenya-birth-certificate-tweet-donald-trump-supporter-a7622346.html

the last time I checked people who sealed their birth certificate were those that weren't born there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealed_birth_records?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6300192427
get your facts straight boy.

Check the source genius before you scream fake news like a parrot. grin

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
beamtopola:

I will continue listening to him cous he always win. Russia propaganda is over, he can now get to work nd report illegal and Muslims.

Keep listening to the minority fake president. cheesy
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Check the source genius before you scream fake news like a parrot. grin
then after that it was sealed back again. why seal it again after releasing it to the public?
or is it when can leaked election debate questions to Hillary Clinton what are you saying.
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
feelgoodInc:

then after that it was sealed back again. why seal it again after releasing it to the public?

The better question is: Why hasn't Trump release his tax returns? wink

1 Like

Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Keep listening to the minority fake president. cheesy
Majority dear, illegals whose voted for Hillary re not American. Up to 7 millions 70 % of those illegal re Africans especially lucasbalo
Re: James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong. by feelgoodInc: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

The better question is: Why hasn't Trump release his tax returns? wink
There are laws that the rich uses to make sure they don't pay taxes and this is legal, considering that the rich sponsors such laws in the Senate including Nigeria, poor people don't sponsor bills in the Senate. you need to be rich to understand this one.

2. The US Constitution does not require that a presidential candidate declares his taxes before entering office but other president might do it. so Trump has the right not to show you his taxes.
if you don't like it, then get angry, that's all you'll ever do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of A Brazilian Prisoner Dug Escape Tunnel Only To Burst Out In Guardroom / Photos Of Guinea’s 83-year-old President, Alpha Condé In Military Custody / Uganda Crowns 'youngest Royal'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.