Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) (28616 Views)

Trump Sacks National Security Adviser (John Bolton) / Donald Trump Sacks Adebayo Ogunlesi As Adviser / Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by hostlink: 12:40pm On May 10, 2017
The United States President Donald Trump has sack the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) James Comey.

Trump, in a letter to Comey, said he appreciated the sacked FBI chief “for informing me on three different occasions that I am not under investigation.

“Dear Director Comey: I have the recently attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

“I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office effective immediately.

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau.

“It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

“I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours,” Trump said in a letter dated Tuesday to Comey.

In a statement issued by White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, the President said Comey’s sack was with immediate effect.

“Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office.

“President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“The FBI is one of our Nation’s most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement.”

Trump said a search for a new permanent FBI Director will begin immediately.

Comey has come under fire from Democrats since Oct. 28, 2016, when he sent a letter reviewing the emails of the Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, two weeks before the presidential election.

The Democrats have also continued to criticize Comey for not indicting Trump over his possible links to Russia.

Trump’s Republicans on the other hand, criticized him for not carrying out criminal prosecution against Clinton.

Comey appeared on Monday before the Senate Committee investigating the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

source http://www.reportaroundyou.com/donald-trump-sacks-director-federal-bureau-investigation-fbi-comey/

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by ekensi01: 12:49pm On May 10, 2017
They is something unique i use to see from all American presidents, they use to act as if they were train already for the job, always following a unique way. when you turn your camera to Nigeria...... Na story only. Go on sir

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2017
ok
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Brillantman: 3:08pm On May 10, 2017
Stale News

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by signature2012(m): 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
Used and dump Comey.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by braine(m): 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
Nairaland can be very slow in giving news realtime sha. This broke a long while ago. undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by xynerise: 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
Working system
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by kinibigdeal(m): 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
James Comey should have been fired for a very long time for shielding crooked Hilary. I just felt all this liberals are egghead.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Elnino4ladies: 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
Nigeria

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by uncleinans(m): 3:09pm On May 10, 2017
stale
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 10, 2017
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by DrObum(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2017
Comey the scape goat!

Twale to politicians!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Taku555(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2017
Good
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by castrokins(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2017
This News Don Tey Na
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by RexEmmyGee: 3:11pm On May 10, 2017

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by aleeyus(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2017
So we should bake cake ?
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by sammyj: 3:11pm On May 10, 2017
oK
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Jchi9876: 3:11pm On May 10, 2017
DT will not serve a full term I can swear with the flat head of my yheebo Asian developers from the East

8 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by neocortex: 3:11pm On May 10, 2017
This is a move by Trump to disrupt the Russia probe,
the new FBI Director will be recruited for one purpose,
that is to shield Trump from investigation and go after his
enemies.
But with the US robust check and balances, I expect
this like most of Trump's plan to fail.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Tenim47(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2017
kinibigdeal:
James Comey should have been fired for a very long time for shielding crooked Hilary. I just felt all this liberals are egghead.
you called hilary a crook
ur need herb

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by obajoey(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2017
He will soon be dismissed too.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 10, 2017
Yeah
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Sunnycliff(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2017
That's America! But here we don't no who is our president and our new coordinator, can't do such!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Frankmiles: 3:12pm On May 10, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Don't you think 45 won because Comey and Russia helped him?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Sunnycliff(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
Tenim47:
you called hilary a crook . ur need herb
Is Hillary Clinton a saint?

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by FUSS: 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
Yes na! The man deserve it.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by LionDeLeo: 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
While here in Nigeria, some "educated human(?) beings" are telling us the security implications of investigating into some suspected illicit activities of the NIA boss.

To these pathetic creatures, USA is always right while Nigeria is always wrong.

Tell me about incurable chronic inferiority complex.

Smh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by hazyfm1: 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
megrimor:
Nigeria

Fvvck Off

How does this relate to the topic

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by okoliexpress: 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
from Micheal flynn to Sally yates to Angella Reid and now James comey, Mr Trump small small, that's not how they sack people in Government work or else nobody go gree work for you oooo and you wont be able to do the job. you have already confessed that the job is not as easy as you thought it is... Behave yourself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by ichommy(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2017
Brillantman:
Stale News

Abi o. Since Yesterday.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by SageTravels: 3:14pm On May 10, 2017
rg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Theresa May Announces Her Resignation As British Prime Minister / EXPOSED: US Government And Illuminati Killed Paul Walker / 6 Sudan Officers Sentenced To Death For Killing Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.