Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? (19673 Views)

High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by AceVentura: 9:04am On Jun 09, 2017
@Oga OP,

Stick to your current job & build your career. I'm in middle management in Zenith so I can tell you.

Have a nice life.
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2017
Yemea1:

Guy don't ask for advice because of the following reasons
Because people that want to advice you are not close to your present job
They dont have knowledge about the kind of job both entails
The don't know you hobby what you like most doing
They don't know your vision
They dont know the stage stage you're presently on your mission in order for you to aarcheive your mission
They dont know what the pay is like I mean both job
They know if you're the type that likes working 24/7 even forget to eat.
They dont know if you have passion for banking job or not
They dont know if you're the type that really wantbto work and little and set up your own firm if you're banking is your best
Job to train yourself.
Etc.
What you should be asking for is you need people to analys the diff between full time job and contract job then you will then decide because you're the only one who is close to the ttwo jobs and you will take responsibilities for youdecision if you fail or not guy because in nigeria of ours today some contract jobs are wy betterof full time job..

In mobile chevron shell and many other multinationals companies most of of theeir staffs are on contract..

I drop my pen.. we won't know tge value of a thing until we missed the use of it...

the best reply so far .
op I will go with this if I were you
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by begwong: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2017
emmayayodeji:
Is it the same zenith bank they robbed yesterday?
That robbery was in February 2017 not yesterday. The cctv clip was released yesterday by the police!
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Laxy009(m): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2017
Bro, you better stick that career job of yours and attain good experience on it which might help you land a more lucrative job in that line. Best of luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by JimmySnow: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2017
Please, don't try it!!! you better don't subject yourself to modern day slavery. This is an advise from experience. Be wise.
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by tundeharry: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2017
I beg u in the name of God , stick to your job cos if take a contract job in zenith you won't be entitled to a penny when leaving even if you spent 20years with zenith

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by stainlessnature: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2017
xcellinking:
Fellow NLers please I need your take on this. I currently have a full time job - a career building kinda job. However, after a CBT TEST with Zenith Bank for job offer which I only learnt on the CBT Test day that it's a contract job, I was called for an interview but I rescheduled the interview due to pressing tasks at my current workplace.

Meanwhile, as I wait for the call back, I want to know the pros and cons of this. Should I leave my present job for it?
brotherly, Capital NO. I work in a bank too. The job enhancement rate for contract staff is very low and can never be compared to a full staff job. Please still to your existing job except you are given the offer for full-time.

Be wise

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by rchilee: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2017
Please don't

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Dollabiz: 11:03am On Jun 09, 2017
Yes
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by JOF2: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2017
Please stick to your job o. Even if the pay is higher

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Somatic(m): 11:10am On Jun 09, 2017
Don't even pick their call if they ever do call you back.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by ruth87: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2017
I havent even used up to 2yrs in one of the finaicial institution before it was closed down.... Banking contract job is advanced slavery, May God help u in making the right choice
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by asha01: 11:27am On Jun 09, 2017
xcellinking:
Fellow NLers please I need your take on this. I currently have a full time job - a career building kinda job. However, after a CBT TEST with Zenith Bank for job offer which I only learnt on the CBT Test day that it's a contract job, I was called for an interview but I rescheduled the interview due to pressing tasks at my current workplace.

Meanwhile, as I wait for the call back, I want to know the pros and cons of this. Should I leave my present job for it?

it is best for you to stick to your career driven job.
you will be frustrated with Zenith Bank contract job, speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by peacengine(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2017
OP, you wanna liv ur full time job for contract, e be laik say ur ancestors dei folo u
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Omonigeriarere: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
xcellinking:

No salary, ni location, no career ambition, no age was stated. Do you really want a solid advice?

The answer is within yourself.
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Maxwell5: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
take into consideration your current JOB security and stay put there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by oodua1stson: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Antoeni:
Weight ur options carefully
weight your grammar

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Ogbodoo: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
My candid advice? Follow your heart. Whatever you have concluded in your innermost heart as being the best option for you is what you should go with.

But for me, I would stick with the job I already have.

However, if you still interesting in getting the opinions of employers and other job seekers? Visit www.bejite.com.

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Ogbodoo: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
My candid advice? Follow your heart. Whatever you have concluded in your innermost heart as being the best option for you is what you should go with.

But for me, I would stick with the job I already have.

However, if you are still interested in getting the opinions of employers and other job seekers? Visit www.bejite.com.

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by FryingPan: 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
xcellinking:
Thanks to all that has contributed so far. I really appreciate your responses.

I know for some, it should be an easy decision. But with what has happened back home it's not easy. The pay, the immediate settlement and stability I need right now is in that job, my family back home needs[/color] me too. But it's just for 2years...

Meanwhile in this one I'm growing in it, it's secured, and with better prospects and I love the place. But I'm away from my family. The only child of my parents, my Dad just passed away last month and my attention is needed back home.

I have the option of being posted back home but it's just for 2years...

My head is grinding o...

[color=#006600]

Nobody is seeing this comment from op angry sad
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by CloudResident(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
Even if your village people dey jazz you Abeg no let am come to pass o. Sick with your job Bro angry
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by michaeltyoshom: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
Pls someone should help me with ican study pack for skill level. My email address is michaeltyoshom@gmail.com
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by Kbantin: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
ask a good prophet of God.. u need directions
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by alukstea(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
At times all we need in life is to take that step, pray and follow your heart Op but also take your head with you.

The best is yet to come and never say never.
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by emynicedgreat: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
GETHELP WORLD WIDE (30k in stock) account for sale. price 10k
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by emynicedgreat: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
GETHELP WORLD WIDE (30k in stock) account for sale. price 10k contact me on 07083801776
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by lanre88(m): 5:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Dont ever make the mistake of leaving for a contract job in the bank. Once you are in , you are stucked.

Stick with you current job while you grow yourself.

Talking from experience.
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by lastbornbetter: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by lastbornbetter: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
Bros leaving your current job which already has a defined career path for a Zenith Bank job will be the worst mistake of your life. It is better you choose some other bank instead of zenith. Zenith Bank is a career killer. I can't wish my enemy a job with them. Don't even dare leaving a taxi driving job for a job with Zenith Bank. You'll earn more from driving your taxi.
Mind you, it is not about the bank job but zenith itself. "Na only name them get".
As a contract staff in zenith, if you like have 5 or more years experience, no bank or any other organization would employ you because where you are coming from, you were not placed on any cadre (Meaning no job experience yet and you may have to start all over again, after which age may not be on your side again).
Organizations in Nigeria employ experienced persons and give them the next level or cadre but zenith has not given you (A graduate of the University) a cadre even after so many years, so how do you expect to proceed to the next phase of your life.
A job with these guys is slavery.....mark my word. The salary is 75k without any other allowance or entitlement and they can sack you anytime. The beneficiaries of this bank are the top management staff. The bank is very greedy with the lowest staff welfare among Nigerian banks (Make enquiries), yet they make if not the highest profit the second. In all their greed, last year GTBANK were first in profit. GTBank has a very good staff welfare which many know. The strength of an organization is staff and customers. If your staff are not happy, that will be the beginning of the end.
A job with Wema, Union, Unity, Heritage, Sterling and Jaiz bank are hot cakes and way better than this so-called zenith Bank. These are banks we ordinarily think won't offer much but it is ironical that they offer much more than these guys give you. What Union bank will pay you in 1year zenith cannot pay you in 2yrs 6months......I SWEAR DOWN.
If you join Zenith Bank today, you can never buy a Toyota corolla in the next 4years, unless you don't want to eat, shelter and cloth yourself or even attend to Dependents. If you eventually try to make sure you own a car by all means, it will be obvious you'll not achieve anything.
It is better to earn lesser than what zenith will pay you elsewhere and build your career there than kill your career with these guys.
I am talking from experience. If you doubt me give it a try
Zenith Bank is living in its past glory.
If you join them just know that your car is in the reverse gear....you know what that means
Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by ayclem01(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Antoeni:
Weight ur options carefully

dnt weight any options pls i beg u in the name of Alah just hold ur job tight. zenith na no go area, u go just cry full gallon after 2, 3, 4 even 5yrs

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? by wizzyozue: 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
xcellinking:

Please can u send me the Barrons gmat thanks!!!! wizzyozue@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 GMAT / Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.