Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) (2429 Views)

Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian / When You Mix Ghana And Nigerian Jollof Rice (Video) / Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 3:19am On Jun 09, 2017
in Nigeria there's three types of coconut rice , d jollof, white and fried coconut rice ok, well here I be showing how to mame d jellofi on ok, because it's my favourite

onion, tomato ketchup, crayfish, ogiri okpei, em dawadawa okk, vinegar, black pepe and prawn ok

Chop d onion in grannot oil, den u now add white onion (white wey we go use for dis coconuting rice), ler i sizzle and den u will now be adding bay leafys, tomato ketchup, stir and fry till well-incorporated ok. Den add vinegar instead of water, ose oji, crayfish and ogiri okpei ok and let it boil. Then add uncooked and but washed rice and leave it to absorb the vinegar. Serve with fried plantain steamed vegetabling and oda jellof rice accessory ok, I love mine with boiled egging
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by okirewaju(f): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2017
Hope all is well OP

Just asking ni

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by toastedbread: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2017
op> it's so mixed up. arrange/ number the procedure. add images where possible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
okirewaju:
Hope all is well OP

Just asking ni
evefhfhing is well and my coconut rice na sweet, any problem
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
toastedbread:
op> it's so mixed up. arrange/ number the procedure.
add images where possible.
em latar ok, but first you must answe my question, what d difference between igbo and yoruba jollof rice pls, how will mama ngozi prepare hers compare to mama buki or iya funke pls
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by toastedbread: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
ewa26:
em latar ok, but first you must answe my question, what d difference between igbo and yoruba jollof rice pls, how will mama ngozi prepare hers compare to mama buki or iya funke pls

I no know the difference o but in d kitchen, all the items are laid on a table.
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
toastedbread:

ok wat tribe is you if might I asking
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by kc2hansome(m): 12:04am On Jun 10, 2017
Una get time reply this dumb, scatter frustrated person dat can't even arrange simple steps and procedures for cooking.

Then came to correct me on another thread. I'm sorry, If I'd seen u were this horrible, I'd never have replied u.
A scattered person is a dirty person, a dirty person cooks dirty meals. tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by kc2hansome(m): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2017
toastedbread:
op> it's so mixed up. arrange/ number the procedure.
add images where possible.

while at it, OP, include necessary timing.
And special instructions/ precautions when and if necessary.
u can imagine asking for ur tribe instead of taking the simple correct given and making amends.

This a dumb post by an unrepentant dumb OP, I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2017
kc2hansome:
Una get time reply this dumb, scatter frustrated person dat can't even arrange simple steps and procedures for cooking.

Then came to correct me on another thread. I'm sorry, If I'd seen u were this horrible, I'd never have replied u.
A scattered person is a dirty person, a dirty person cooks dirty meals. tufiakwa
will you sharrap dia anuofia
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:21am On Jun 10, 2017
Ingredients for jellofy coconut rice - tomato ketchup, white onion, groundnut oil, vinegar, coconut milk or watar, crayfish and okpei/dawadawa, sugar and black pepe

Before you cook d coconut rice

1. Grind crayfish and okpei together
2. Get coconut milk or water, either from fresh coconut or tin if you wan form ajebutter, but know that the taste won't be as good as when fresh coconut milk is utilised ok

Cooking instructioning:

1. Heat groundnut oil in pot. Once it don sizzle wello, add onion, stir till brown den put tomato ketchuping and boil till every water is out of it
2. Use vinegar in place of water to liquidise the stew, this gives more better taste then put coconut milk, black pepe, crayfish-opeyee mix.
3. Once it boils, add uncooked but well washed rice and let it cook till water dries up.
Den serve with egg, steamed vegetable, moi main and plantation ok
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by kc2hansome(m): 12:23am On Jun 10, 2017
ewa26:
will you sharrap dia anuofia

I pity for the doctor that discharged u from psychiatry ward. He will surely loose his licence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:25am On Jun 10, 2017
kc2hansome:

I pity for the doctor that discharged u from psychiatry ward. He will surely loose his licence.
fool
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:25am On Jun 10, 2017
kc2hansome:

fool ok
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:34am On Jun 10, 2017
toastedbread:

see my post below for recipe ok
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:34am On Jun 10, 2017
kc2hansome:

if you ate me so mosh why reply ham eka
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by toastedbread: 8:10am On Jun 10, 2017
ewa26:
see my post below for recipe ok

seen. it's much clearer now.
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by janefarms2015: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2017
kc2hansome:

He ran away from the ward, check all his horrible food recipes and follow any at ur own risk my brother

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
janefarms2015:

He ran away from the ward, check all his horrible food recipes and follow any at ur own risk my brother
will you sharrap you dety mouth dee nonsense girl
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by walemoney007(m): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Coconut rice,yet you no add coconut
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:04am On Jun 11, 2017
walemoney007:
Coconut rice,yet you no add coconut
we use coconut milk only so sharrap
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by janefarms2015: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2017
ewa26:
will you sharrap you dety mouth dee nonsense girl

Go and complete ur treatment and thank me later, OPONU AFOFUNGBEMU

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
janefarms2015:

Go and complete ur treatment and thank me later, OPONU AFOFUNGBEMU
and wetin that one mean, i naro asu
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by janefarms2015: 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
ewa26:
and wetin that one mean, i naro asu

Ask your psychiatrist, pls sorry gv us garri recipe wt tomatoe ketchup and vinegar plss
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2017
janefarms2015:

Ask your psychiatrist, pls sorry gv us garri recipe wt tomatoe ketchup and vinegar plss
hisn!! will you sharrap you dety mout before I slap you into sokoto now this women are you okey at all we don't add vinegar to garri because that one will ruin the authentic African taste you can use ketchup in place of palm oil to fry it if it is to be yellow garri ok
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by janefarms2015: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2017
ewa26:
hisn!! will you sharrap you dety mout before I slap you into sokoto now this women are you okey at all we don't add vinegar to garri because that one will ruin the authentic African taste you can use ketchup in place of palm oil to fry it if it is to be yellow garri ok

Lol, thank you our greatest chef!
Re: Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) by ewa26: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
janefarms2015:

Lol, thank you our greatest chef!
u welcome hun

(1) (Reply)

Garri-cake ... #new Product ... Taste It!,love It / How To Cook Recession Rice By Heraldng / What Is Spinach In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.