Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,348 members, 7,954,408 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice (21436 Views)

Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by VastFinder: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
Tested and retested until perfection is literally achieved. I shared this coconut rice recipe to all our readers and to those who always like to read about out recipes.

Despite I'm a Male, I consider myself a Protégé when it comes to tutoring on How to prepare dishes, I optimize my recipes for simplicity and incredible depth of flavor. all while producing perfectly cooked separate rice grains.

I already have incredible recipes for Fried Rice, Jollof Rice. This coconut rice recipe should definitely be added to your Fav Note.

Ingredients
*. 2 cups parboiled rice (regular rice)
*. 1 tbspn Coconut oil
*. One 400ml can coconut milk (preferably Thai premium)
*. 1 small onion .
*. 2 medium tomatoes
*. Spices: 2 bay leaves, 1tspn white pepper, 1 tspn minced chili, 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tspn dried), salt – to taste, 2 heaped tbspns crayfish powder, 1-2 stock cubes (optional)

Direction
*. Finely chop onion – set aside cut tomatoes into large chunks – set aside.
*. Mince chili pepper – set aside .

*. Place a wide cooking pot on medium heat. Add in 1 tbsp of coconut oil (subvegetable oil). Add in onion. Cook untiltranslucent and fragrant.

*. Add in tomato, minced pepper and spices. Stir. Cover and leave to simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes.

*. Add in coconut milk and one cup of water into the tomato mix. Stir. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning. .

*. Add in washed rice. Stir. Reduce heat to low-medium (4 on a marked cooker).

*. Place a sheet of foil over the pot. Place the lid over it and properly seal the edges with foil (this is a very important step).

Set a timer for 30 minutes and let it go! You have done all you can, let Jesus take the wheel here. Leave it alone! Don’t open the pot until time is up.

*. By covering the pot with foil & then a lid, you are able to get away with using less liquid. The rice grains are gently steamed & infused instead of being boiled. End result is perfectly separate & delicious grains.

Serve coconut rice with Peppered meat or chicken

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/01/how-to-prepare-perfect-nigerian-coconut.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, MissyB3, AmakaOne, Ijebabe, Ishilove

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by tempest01(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ok....let's see.

I don't like tomatoes in my coconut rice though....it's just my thing.

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
cool

No chicken?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by miqos02(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
k
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
I am not understanding

13 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by BrownCookie(f): 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
Impressed but I'd pass on cutting the tomatoes into large chunks & using artificial coconut milk.

I'd rather crush the coconuts & extract the milk myself.

19 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by femimike1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
Perfect cheesy
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by jamalnation(m): 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
Seen
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by itsik(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
Where is the real coconut to be used or now all we do is synthetic and laboratory manufactured or processed foods.
How can one be cooking or making coconut rice with out a real coconut in it u are here writing one table spoon of coconut oil and 400ml of coconut milk.
Back in those day even now in my house, when ever my mum or I want to cook this dish. I use real coconut, grate it, and sieve.
Learn to cook and eat healthy, not always good to go all "processd food".
In the process of making this stuffs, some of these companies use substitutes that look like the main ingredient but not it.
For example, I have seen where a tomato paste manufacturing company uses pawpaw and other stuff instead of real tomatoes and we think we are getting the right nutrient from tomato paste not knowing it has little paw paw spirit in it.

23 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Emekus92(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
I must prepare it someday. Love cooking
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Bigajeff(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
chai! Nigerian n Rice, no wonder the increase in demand for rice. jollof rice, fried rice, white rice, coconut rice. so what is the end product of all this rice varieties dish?

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by engrMikemd(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by nedu2000(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
Not a fan of coconut rice though
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by maxiuc(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
As a bachelor na only 3types of soup I sabi cook egusi ogbono nd okra mmmm lemme just learn this one

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by iamawara(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hmmm. Rice again making front page?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by passionatebae: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
Thankx for dis post. Ama try it out... Oooooshe!!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by paschal47(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
I just love the kitchen.

Ladies cannot do shakara for me! tongue

Lemme try it out tomorrow
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by gentlegenius(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
I prefer using raw coconut to coconut oil.
Just grind raw(dry) coconut, filter with hot water to remove all the oil and juice. Then use the oil/juice to cook your rice.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
Op that is fantastic

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by wink2015(m): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
The Coconut Rice is tantalizing! but I would also like to add my burger to the recipe!

Burgers are an American classic but they're often loaded with fat and calories. The good news is that there are a lot of easy ways to create delicious, low-calorie burger patties.

READ MORE HERE: http://url2it.com/epngac

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by maxiuc(m): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
BrownCookie:
Impressed but I'd pass on cutting the tomatoes into large chunks.
are you sure
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by maxiuc(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
passionatebae:
Thankx for dis post. Ama try it out... Oooooshe!!!![color=#990000][/color]
Invite me ooo when you are done

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by blesoh(f): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
itsik:
Where is the real coconut to be used or now all we do is synthetic and laboratory manufactured or processed foods.
How can one be cooking or making coconut rice with out a real coconut in it u are here writing one table spoon of coconut oil and 400ml of coconut milk.
Back in those day even now in my house, when ever my mum or I want to cook this dish. I use real coconut, grate it, and sieve.
Learn to cook and eat healthy, not always good to go all "processd food".
In the process of making this stuffs, some of these companies use substitutes that look like the main ingredient but not it.
For example, I have seen where a tomato paste manufacturing company uses pawpaw and other stuff instead of real tomatoes and we think we are getting the right nutrient from tomato paste not knowing it has little paw paw spirit in it.
Exactly my thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by blesoh(f): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
No coconut and you call it coconut rice, I cooked this food on tuesday using coconut, the day I used the artificial flavour I regretted.

6 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by SexyNairalander: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
booked
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Francis95(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
No picture
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Francis95(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
No picture
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by VastFinder: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
Drop any questions through this link
>>https://vastfinder..com/2017/01/how-to-prepare-perfect-nigerian-coconut.html

for quick reply.

Thanks!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
Congrats OP. Now I'm hungry af.
I can hear the choir in my stomach singing 0 Fortuna cry cry

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice by Flashh: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
I am not impressed, because I don't like cocoanut rice.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

ADVERTISE YR FOOD BUSINESS ON MAJOR PEDESTRIANS BRIDGES IN LAGOS STATE. / When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? / HOW TO KNOW Original & Fake Eva Bottled Water- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.