Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava (760 Views)

Honda Civic 2004 or 05 Manual Transmission Needed Serious Buyer / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava by emeritus00(m): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
I own Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission
I have bought three tokunbo LHS drive axle (drive shaft) but none of them fitted well to differential. They are shorter therefore were not completely entered the differential and the gear oil leaking.
Mechanics bought the first two for me but when i discovered the solution is not forthcoming I decided to buy and fix it myself. When I bought the last one, it didnt fit well, I return it and told the guy to find me MT one. The one he now gave me was really close. Its longer but didnt not enter the differential completely (it made the locking sound wen pushing it in) but the hole inside the differential is long enough to contain it. Am thinking even if it enter the differential well it will be shorter at the other end of the hub.

The pictures I saw online look the same with all the ones I have bought but I discovered their lengths are not same but all look the same. Both inner and outer CV have the same length.

Am I buying the wrong one or is there a way to do it. I dont mind to buy another one either tokunbo or new of it will completely solve the issue.

Re: Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava by antobrige: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
did u try going with ur own to the market ?
well i can be of help...
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava by emeritus00(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
antobrige:
did u try going with ur own to the market ?
well i can be of help...
its a long story jare... the one that came with car when I bought it used has bursted boot and the inner pin removed once like that. I asked a mechanic to change the complete axle. I left him because I was busy that day. When I got there... I saw him with outer CV joint fixing it to the axle. I told him that I didnt ask him to change CV joint but the whole drive axle. I was angry with him he was begging that theres no need to change it complete. I asked for the one he removed he said he have to break it because it was very hard to remove easily. I sah asked him to fix because I was very upset but behold as he put the axle back to the car the axle became short. He said he would weld it in the inner CV joint. I said no that he has to make it properly. He went back to the market to find another rod. The rod is thicker and longer. The car became sluggish and noising when fixing that to it. Thats why I ask another machanic to change it for me.
After two months, it started vibrating seriously without moving the car at all. I asked another mecahnic to look it for me and he said its a clause disc but I said it cannot be. I asked him to look at the shaft very well and he later confirmed its drive axle. He said he would pack it for me and nothing would happen. He packed it and use it for some days and decided to change it myself because I dont trust mechanic anymore. I will even do better job than them.

I took the one he packed to the market and looked for the one thats a little bit longer. Since then I have being looking for the one that will march.
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava by ironheart(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
What is your location? Kaduna may be your best bet
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava by emeritus00(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
ironheart:
What is your location? Kaduna may be your best bet
Am in Lagos
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission Drive Axle Palava by ironheart(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
emeritus00:
Am in Lagos
ok

(1) (Reply)

New Apple Iphone 6 Smartphones / Happy New Year..... Special Announcement That / Bmw,volkswagen Vows To End Human Testing After Latest Diesel Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.