Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87961 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
imam07:
The truth is that i have not been to Oweri b4 but the action of d guy that ran after the cop shows it should be a tight corner.Luckily i saw the background picture on the internet to show i was right. See the picture below.

zicoy6k:

Thanks for sharing.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by zicoy6k: 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
kripen:

in as much the officer was brave, he should have be extremely calculate and patient in the security post, though impatient made him ran away when he was on a vantage point. I don't think the npf are lying, from the way the robber ran after him it shows that the police man was shot at and he fell and the robber was pointing the nozle of the rifle to completely kill the police which I think he did. And we should know that the police man was running to the banking hall which we should know by the time he was running there it must have been locked by those in charge. my analysis is to show the mopol officer died. may his soul rest in peace.

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by alezzy13: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
my own issue with the driver. I strongly suspect he's the leader. See how calmly he was moving around despite the fact bullets were wizzing all over. And with all the shots fired at the car none got him
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by zicoy6k: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
vimi:

Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Folarinibrahim1(m): 11:43pm On Jun 10, 2017
I believe the Sergeant is still alive. Y'all need to watch the video again. He returned fire after running into that corner. The robber following him had to duck before running back to the car.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nature8(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
I pray its not true, that gallant sergeant don't deserve to die Lord.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by alphabanks: 12:28am On Jun 11, 2017
People are saying he had to run for cover and I ask WHICH COVER? He gunned one by the door and had the criminal in the back of the car pinned down before adrenaline kicked in and he ran into the firing range of the criminal. If you notice the criminal didn't come out of the car until he ran right in front of him. If the officer had stayed in his cover he could easily have taken the guy out if he dared to come out of the vehicle. Worst case scenario is that they would have sprayed the building while trying to drive off. He would have had a better chance there than running into the range of enemy fire. Or better yet he should have run towards the road.

I am also of the opinion that the criminals were inexperienced as they parked right in front of the security post and didn't even try to neutralize the post first. They just went straight for their money. So the officers should have either remained still inside the post or let d robbers all come out from the vehicle as they attempted to do and let loose all hell on them. Rather they started shooting sporadically without having a clear shot at the enemy.

In the end it was adrenaline, fear and poor tactical skill under duress. However he was a brave man and I respect him eternally. I do hope the Police college and Mopol command will use this video to train and retrain officers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by suremanpatriot: 1:22am On Jun 11, 2017
O Lord have,mercy. Ngr police give your men bulletproof vests oooooooooooooooooooooooo! The brave policeman would have survived because he exhited extremely swift reflects. Lord have mercy.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Softhands(m): 7:24am On Jun 11, 2017
This Police Man did not die... He is still alive, but good job to the police for pronouncing him dead. Smart Move!
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by cloud9usher: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

While I doubt that the entire structure is reinforced (the pillars are like I said) but it will take someone familiar with the site to confirm.

Bullets didn't go through the building, most buildings within bank premises are built with reinforced concrete, banks are not government agencies who compromise standards.

You guys are missing something important here, that security post has a side window, you can see that as the dead robber who came firing at the post went first to the side of the security post to fire shots, those are the shots that killed the other police men in that post, the dead robber had the guts to walk into the post with confidence because he felt he had taken out everyone in that post through his shooting at them through the side window, why didn't he walk straight into the post at first but went to the side first to fire? He did that because there is a side window he used to fire shots through. He went in thinking he had killed everyone there and wanted to confirm, but the last policeman took him out.

To me I feel the policeman who ran out panicked as he felt he was without back up, the two other colleagues he was there with were killed so he felt he should run out for safety being the only one remaining in the room. He didn't run out at first because his colleagues were with him.

His running out might not have been the best option though, running out to open fire when he could have stayed back in the security post and keep the advantage of cover and also take the rounds of magazine from the other dead policemen to add to his for more firepower to confront the robbers should they want to confront him, I don't think that careful robber at the back of the car would have come out to confront him though, the driver was without a gun, and the other robber was holding the bag of money and wouldn't have come to confront him when he had the money in his hands. Since he had shot the robber who tried walking into the security post, he should have stayed in that post and taken out the car tires and keep shouting at the robber in the back of the car, and also take out the unarmed driver who came back strolling to the car. I suspect that driver to be "jazz" fortified though, the aura of confidence around him is unmistakeable and so cocky! To those who said the policeman who ran might have run because he was out of ammo, he still had ammo because he returned fire after he ran out of the security post; the guy who ran after him was ducking
to show the policeman fired back.

In the video he was shooting back after he ran, because you can see the robber at the back seat of the car who ran shooting after him dodging reply fired bullets from the policeman who ran. But its possible he was hit along the line and later died from the injuries or the police are intelligently protecting him which is a good step.
Whether he be dead or alive, I commend his bravery.

That guy who walked out of the security post immediately the car they were trailing came in, if he doesn't know anything about the whole thing; I tap into Gods grace upon his life, because he looks like a driver and not a policeman, he would have been easily killed in that security post like the other policemen who were killed there. God I pray that type of grace, favour and protection enveloped me and my loved ones, daily, in Jesus name - Amen!!! Please you all should claim this type of grace as well. Happy sunday everyone!

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Contactibro(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2017
imam07:
My guy u are funny. Observe wetin.To observe weather or u think nah toy gun dey their hand.No talk that thing again oo

u won't understand that is y u are a civilian.. how many fire fight ave u been to? check my profile and c..
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Contactibro(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2017
alphabanks:
People are saying he had to run for cover and I ask WHICH COVER? He gunned one by the door and had the criminal in the back of the car pinned down before adrenaline kicked in and he ran into the firing range of the criminal. If you notice the criminal didn't come out of the car until he ran right in front of him. If the officer had stayed in his cover he could easily have taken the guy out if he dared to come out of the vehicle. Worst case scenario is that they would have sprayed the building while trying to drive off. He would have had a better chance there than running into the range of enemy fire. Or better yet he should have run towards the road.

I am also of the opinion that the criminals were inexperienced as they parked right in front of the security post and didn't even try to neutralize the post first. They just went straight for their money. So the officers should have either remained still inside the post or let d robbers all come out from the vehicle as they attempted to do and let loose all hell on them. Rather they started shooting sporadically without seeing the enemy.

In the end it was adrenaline, fear and poor tactical skill under duress. However he was a brave man and I respect him eternally. I do hope the Police college and Mopol command will use this video to train and retrain officers.
yes I hope the college do use this video for training cuz its really educative to them..
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
cloud9usher:

Bullets didn't go through the building, most buildings within bank premises are built with reinforced concrete, banks are not government agencies who compromise standards.

You guys are missing something important here, that security post has a side window, you can see that as the dead robber who came firing at the post went first to the side of the security post to fire shots, those are the shots that killed the other police men in that post, the dead robber had the guts to walk into the post with confidence because he felt he had taken out everyone in that post through his shooting at them through the side window, why didn't he walk straight into the post at first but went to the side first to fire? He did that because there is a side window he used to fire shots through. He went in thinking he had killed everyone there and wanted to confirm, but the last policeman took him out.

To me I feel the policeman who ran out panicked as he felt he was without back up, the two other colleagues he was there with were killed so he felt he should run out for safety being the only one remaining in the room. He didn't run out at first because his colleagues were with him.

His running out might not have been the best option though, running out to open fire when he could have stayed back in the security post and keep the advantage of cover and also take the rounds of magazine from the other dead policemen to add to his for more firepower to confront the robbers should they want to confront him, I don't think that careful robber at the back of the car would have come out to confront him though, the driver was without a gun, and the other robber was holding the bag of money and wouldn't have come to confront him when he had the money in his hands. Since he had shot the robber who tried walking into the security post, he should have stayed in that post and taken out the car tires and keep shouting at the robber in the back of the car, and also take out the unarmed driver who came back strolling to the car. I suspect that driver to be "jazz" fortified though, the aura of confidence around him is unmistakeable and so cocky! To those who said the policeman who ran might have run because he was out of ammo, he still had ammo because he returned fire after he ran out of the security post; the guy who ran after him was ducking
to show the policeman fired back.

In the video he was shooting back after he ran, because you can see the robber at the back seat of the car who ran shooting after him dodging reply fired bullets from the policeman who ran. But its possible he was hit along the line and later died from the injuries or the police are intelligently protecting him which is a good step.
Whether he be dead or alive, I commend his bravery.

That guy who walked out of the security post immediately the car they were trailing came in, if he doesn't know anything about the whole thing; I tap into Gods grace upon his life, because he looks like a driver and not a policeman, he would have been easily killed in that security post like the other policemen who were killed there. God I pray that type of grace, favour and protection enveloped me and my loved ones, daily, in Jesus name - Amen!!! Please you all should claim this type of grace as well. Happy sunday everyone!

I disagree with your complete thesis.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by pesty100(m): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
I think as a force man the policeman should have been cool headed in the face of a gun battle. He was the only one in the security post, he was already almost a the door step when he killed the stupid theif. He should have taken the theif's gun and defended his position.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by gmacnoms(m): 12:48am On Jun 12, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
he might have been shot from the waist region downwards looking​ at the way one of the robbers shot at him and given his high level of adrenaline he wouldn't have felt it then. The man tried.
he tried, but this video shows dat our policemen are no properly combat trained. He was in a shade, he couldn't be reached, dat was y dat guy had to turn to go thru d main door and got slayed. If he has gr8 combat instincts, he wudn't hav come out. because even dat guy on d car, was even tryin to take cover because shots were comin from a blind spot
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by gmacnoms(m): 12:50am On Jun 12, 2017
pesty100:
I think as a force man the policeman should have been cool headed in the face of a gun battle. He was the only one in the security post, he was already almost a the door step when he killed the stupid theif. He should have taken the theif's gun and defended his position.
Mehn, same thin here. It pains me because he shud be alive goin by his position. He jst ran out to danger. Shows Hw deficient our police combat is
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by gmacnoms(m): 1:05am On Jun 12, 2017
Viking007:
Very sad. cry
u sef reach here? Ill trained policeforce
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by I888(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2017
tta:

D brave mopol is not dead if u take look at d video very well u'll realize d mopol at d corner still return fire, u can even c d rubber dodging bullets. Just for security reasons is dead. How can they tell us they don't his identity n his age is not possible at all
bros, I wanted to reply this quote of urs that day but I decided to chill. I hope you have seen that people were raising money for his family on GoFundMe.com?

Series of reports has emerge since this post confirming him dead.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by eniwhy: 7:56am On Jun 13, 2017
One of the armed robber who shot the police while was not caught. I can only see the driver and the other guy. Police must find that guy.
OneHead:
The robbery attack actually was made in Febuary 2017,and the Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead already.

Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko, The brave policeman, who was fast and smart enough to gun down one of the armed robbers before taking cover to protect his life and and commendably life of others is reportedly dead since April

Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is DeadBrave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead after clip shows he was shot here

Soldier Shoots Fellow Hausa Brother For Packing Sand.

The viral footage which was clearly as a CCTV record from the bank may have been seized all the while for security and investigative reasons, Naaija.com gathered

The video which clearly showed every movement within its reach showed a black car come in first, only to be followed by a black Hyundai Elantra, some seconds later making the gate unable to be locked with the way it parked, Four men then emerged from the vehicle, with three holding weapons, which looked like AK47 rifles.

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oToI-YQImUQ

The footage reveals the first person out of the vehicle releasing a shot which caused many people at the entrance of the bank, including the uniformed security man, who opened the gate and melted off at the sight of spontaneous gunshots to protect his unarmed self

But the robbers were swiftly engaged in a gun battle. Shots rang out from the security post at the bank’s entrance, shattering the car windows. An occupant of the car shot back. But one of the robbers, who had tried to attack the occupant of the security post, was instantly shot dead.

The video shows Iboko who shot him escaping from security post, while one of the other robbers pursued and shot after him. The Imo State Police Command informed news men that owing to the multiple gunshot injuries sustained by Iboko, he succumbed to his injuries two months later while in intensive care.

Spokesperson for the command, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, explained that two other policemen were in the security post during the shootout and also sustained gunshot injuries.

“They were in intensive care for up to two months. The two survived but Iboko died. He was a sergeant and mobile policeman,” Enwerem said.

But to Naaija.com ‘s amazement, The police said they do not know the sergeants age or his hometown.

Since the video became viral, there have been calls to reveal the fate of the cop as Nigerians demanded more recognition and honour for the deceased policeman.

http://www.naaija.com/2017/06/brave-policeman-bank-robbery-video-died-april/

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by eniwhy: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2017
One of the armed robber who shot the policeman while he was running was not caught. I can only see the driver and the other guy. Police must find that guy.
OneHead:
The robbery attack actually was made in Febuary 2017,and the Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead already.

Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko, The brave policeman, who was fast and smart enough to gun down one of the armed robbers before taking cover to protect his life and and commendably life of others is reportedly dead since April

Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is DeadBrave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead after clip shows he was shot here

The viral footage which was clearly as a CCTV record from the bank may have been seized all the while for security and investigative reasons, Naaija.com gathered

The video which clearly showed every movement within its reach showed a black car come in first, only to be followed by a black Hyundai Elantra, some seconds later making the gate unable to be locked with the way it parked, Four men then emerged from the vehicle, with three holding weapons, which looked like AK47 rifles.

WATCH VIDEO

The footage reveals the first person out of the vehicle releasing a shot which caused many people at the entrance of the bank, including the uniformed security man, who opened the gate and melted off at the sight of spontaneous gunshots to protect his unarmed self

But the robbers were swiftly engaged in a gun battle. Shots rang out from the security post at the bank’s entrance, shattering the car windows. An occupant of the car shot back. But one of the robbers, who had tried to attack the occupant of the security post, was instantly shot dead.

The video shows Iboko who shot him escaping from security post, while one of the other robbers pursued and shot after him. The Imo State Police Command informed news men that owing to the multiple gunshot injuries sustained by Iboko, he succumbed to his injuries two months later while in intensive care.

Spokesperson for the command, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, explained that two other policemen were in the security post during the shootout and also sustained gunshot injuries.

“They were in intensive care for up to two months. The two survived but Iboko died. He was a sergeant and mobile policeman,” Enwerem said.

But to Naaija.com ‘s amazement, The police said they do not know the sergeants age or his hometown.

Since the video became viral, there have been calls to reveal the fate of the cop as Nigerians demanded more recognition and honour for the deceased policeman.

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by eniwhy: 8:00am On Jun 13, 2017
One of the armed robber who shot the policeman while he was running was not caught including the collected the money. I can only see the driver and the other guy. Police must find that guy.
OneHead:

WATCH VIDEO

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by eniwhy: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2017
One of the armed robber who shot the policeman while he was running was not caught including the one who collected the money. I can only see the driver and the other guy. Police must find that guy.
OneHead:

WATCH VIDEO

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by eniwhy: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2017
One of the armed robber who shot the policeman while he was running was not caught including the one who collected the money. I can only see the driver and the other guy. Police must find both of them.
OneHead:

WATCH VIDEO

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide By Drinking Snipper In Bayelsa Over Boyfriend (Graphic Pix) / Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) / Lagos, Rivers Headquarters Of Money Laundering – Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.