Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (80038 Views)

Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by CastedDude: 8:05am On Jun 14, 2017
An Imo state based lawyer, Kissinger Ikeokwu - has claimed to have gotten the true account of the robbery that happened at Zenith Bank, Owerri - which left gallant policeman, Sergeant Iboko dead. The brave policeman who killed one of the four armed robbers in the attack, suffered severe gunshot injuries and died the next day in a police clinic in Owerri after he was allegedly rejected at the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri.

Read what was shared by the lawyer on Facebook concerning the incident.

Those who blame the officer for running out got it wrong. I got the true account from an anonymous witness and feel I should share it since he cannot by reason of his office.

When the robbers approached the Bank, three Policemen were in the small Security House. They displayed gallantry by shooting and blasting the car windows, but the robbers still emerged frim he car unhurt in what many have described as "Odoeshi". The robber in blue the officer shot dead moved tactically to the small window at the back side the Policeman ran towards. He sprayed them with bullets killing one instantly and severely injuring the officer who today lost his one eye. The gallant Iboko was the man the robbers bullet didnt touch and he took cover lying low and kept his calm.

Confident that he had finished the officers who took cover at the small security post, the robber on blue decided to enter and finish the last breath off all the officers. It was then that Iboko who had taken cover having seen his men in the pool of their blood decided to either act or die with them. Sensing the invinsibility of the robbers, Iboko was reported to have deeped his gun nussle into the blood of his colleagues and that proved vital in neautralizing the suppossed odoeshi.

Immediately the robber on blue who had sprayed them with bullets from the back window approached the door, Iboko took him out. Having shot and proved he was alive, Iboko knew he must flee or wait for the robbers who didnt fear bullets now come for him. He made the deft move with just 20% chance of escaping. He ran towards the backside of the Bank building through the left flank.but he couldnt run too far as he fell to bullet wounds.

Upon his falling the other robber he had a face toface close range shootout with now came towards him and rained bullets on him, but Iboko's four colleagues at the back gave him backup...... that backup was bullets from the far end of the backyard that made the killer of Iboko retreat and run to their car in a hurry.

Iboko died later of his wounds. 7 Policemen were on duty on that very day at the Bank wetheral Branch. 3 lost their life including iboko. One survived with injuries. 3 escaped unhurt and told the story you read hereby.

The survivors were at the back yard and they reinforced Iboko giving him cover when he fell. Their bullets made the rubbers retreat in a hurry and not pick the guns of the slain officers. Their back reinforenent made the robbers abandon their colleague through whom Police got the clues that ultimately led to the arrest and waterloo of the robbers.

Iboko took cover lying low with a dead colleague and one whose eyes was shattered by the same man he killled. He killed same man when he came tru the door but lost I trying to run after exposing his cover. Watch the video again. Spot the robber on blue go behind which the CCTV camera didn't cover. He shot the 3 officers from the back window on close range target. Iboko was lucky not to be hit and took effective cover lying low. He moved when he had to move when the man now came tru the door to finish the job and Iboko took him out.

Such Gallantry. RIP to the fallen........ My condolences to the families.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/sergeant-iboko-killed-in-zenith-bank-robbery.html

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by CastedDude: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2017
cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by pyyxxaro: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2017
undecided
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2017
This bull has to stop...before they call Nigerians fools before the world...."Odeshi", Dip gun in Blood, WTF!

45 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2017
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense

179 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 14, 2017
npf should learn from this and improve. To the analysts , una weldone ....it is easier said than done

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by takenadoh: 8:20am On Jun 14, 2017
Allow the guy RIP now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by carammel(f): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2017
I don't think it is any odoeshi,the bullets did not hit the robbers well,it only broke the glass and hit the door,reason the driver had to move forward to take cover.
On the eyewitness part,so he had eyes that could penetrate through bricks which made him know iboko dipped gun on his collegue's blood.
If i slap this person ehn angry angry angry

315 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by toxxnoni(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmmm

Promo kiss tongue cool

Check out our signature in green colour down
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Goldenheart(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2017
sad

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by RedBeauty: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2017
Why was the policeman rejected ?
Shouldn't he get free medical care

36 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by auntysimbiat(f): 8:22am On Jun 14, 2017
rip
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Oladelson(m): 8:22am On Jun 14, 2017
okay o...

but i salute you sir iboko.

may HIS soul rest in peace!

May Almighty God holdup your soul...
#GALLANT_MOPOL

13 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 14, 2017
His telling the public that the police officers hiding behind the bank only provided suppressive fire to help their comrades of their death

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by nmreports: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2017
I salute the officer.

The account seems untrue but gives an insight anyway.

When the robber went to the small window after several gun shots where were the backyard officers?.

Dipping gun in the blood might have been explained by the gallant officer.

The backyard officers probably also did not come out probably because they were protecting some cash.

Im not sure if the robbers used some spiritual protection but those three officers in that small room should have finished the robbers all at once.

This is not their fault but the government who dont provide proper equipment and training. I wonder why all police officers carry AK47 like its a daily war we are experiencing in Nigeria.

Ripped off bullet proof vests etc.

RIP to the officers. I love them.

31 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Caustics: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2017
RIP once again!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by idu1(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by yeyeboi(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by ThaPatriot(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2017
I was enjoying the story until i read the dipping gun inside blood part! Nigerians can we ever stop being fetish? The only robber that got hit by a bullet is the guy on blue 'he went down straight' as can be seen in the video there was no allowance for proper aim and so the policemen didn't get a clear shot, had they, story would have been different..forget all this odaeshi mumbo jumbo

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by prince4pro(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmm naija

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by whirlwind7(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
Huh.
Sounds like a lot of hot air....the part about the policeman dipping his rifle in his colleague's blood to be able to neutralize the "odeshi"

That part spoiled the credibility of the narrative.
The brave policemen did his best and fought well, though.

May he rest in peace!

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by rottennaija(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
Nonsense... If the robbers had Odoeshi, why was he afraid of bullets then? Why were they in a hurry?

The only reason the police took the robber down was because he was close and he aimed well. Aside from that one incident, they were just shooting anyhow.

The problem is, Nigerian police are not trained in target practice

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by ajalawole(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
That cop lack training jawe. I that security post, a good cop would have get at last 3 of those robbers out that same way he get the 1st robber out...............

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by femi4: 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:
I don't think it is any odoeshi,the bullets did not hit the robbers well,it only broke the glass and hit the door,reason the driver had to move forward to take cover.
On the eyewitness part,so he had eyes that could penetrate through bricks which made him know iboko dipped gun on his collegue's blood.
If i slap this person ehn angry angry angry
seconded. No odeshi anywhere

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by zadok60: 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
mtcheew
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by spaggyy(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Kylekent59: 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
I taught all these bank mopols usually have jaz on them little did I know.
Back then in school,dis our vigilante will tell us that jazz works but anything can alter it without u being known.

D brave man tried. Tear gas would have worked be4 shooting.

But I know the guy in white has odeshi on him. I watch the video and I saw how the bullet entered him and disappeared. I dnt know about the others though sad

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

22 Soldiers Killed In Ambush In Delta State Community Graphics Warning. / Men Insert Bottle In Lady's Privates For Stealing Phone [PHOTOS] / Igho Stankush Shot Dead Inside His White GLK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.