Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous (1008 Views)

The Making Of Poisonous Fufu / Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
Some Chemicals used have been banned in the West - which is probably why they have recently become widely available in Africa. We have a way of recycling western products that are declared no good for human consumption.

Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances, also known as “PFASs”, are a group of man-made chemicals (previously known as PFCs) that have been used in a range of common household products and specialty applications, including in the manufacture of non-stick cookware; fabric, furniture and carpet stain protection applications; food packaging; some industrial processes; and in some types of fire-fighting foam.

People are exposed to small amounts of PFOS or PFOA in everyday life through exposure to dust, indoor and outdoor air, food, water and contact with consumer products that contain these chemicals. Food is thought to be the most important source of exposure.

DuPont and 3M had been using the chemical to make consumer products resistant to liquids when an investigation tied to a lawsuit revealed the product's dangerous effects on human health. PFOA disrupts normal functioning of the endocrine system and has been linked to birth defects and cancer.

It also spreads through breastfeeding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by TFeminist(f): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2017
Dis is so sad
Re: Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 21, 2017
TFeminist:
Dis is so sad
Very,
Re: Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by johnsmitthen: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
Its really very sad to heard that the companies which are making such type of products are very well known about its devastating effects and still they are not taken under strict actions by the government of different countries. thanks for this awareness I did not heard about it before
Re: Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by Partteen: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
Honestly, with the rate of wickedness that permeates human minds now, I have no fear because I have the neutralizer for all these evil products that we relate wit day in day out.

We really don't have a choice cos these pots displayed is what I currently use in my kitchen....

1 Like

Re: Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
Re: Non-stick Cookware Is Poisonous by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
Partteen:
Honestly, with the rate of wickedness that permeates human minds now, I have no fear because I have the neutralizer for all these evil products that we relate wit day in day out.

We really don't have a choice cos these pots displayed is what I currently use in my kitchen....
Apparently the clay pots and guards of old were more civil undecided

All of them - aluminium, Iron, Copper, lead coated have issues. I think I'll shift to eating raw things only in future undecided if I will avoid all these.

(1) (Reply)

Seven Common Sex ‘injuries’ You Didn’t Know About / The Right Treatment For Dandruff. / Babe Said This Is Not A Bleaching Soap Oo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.