Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) (962 Views)

Have You Ever Won A Tv Show, Game Show Or Raffle Draw? / BBNaija: What Tobi Said That Caused CeeC To Insult The Hell Out Of Him / BBNaija Viewers Join Housemates To Draw Potrait Of Big Brother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by softwerk(f): 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
After increasing subscription rates and blatantly refusing to obey the directive of our Legislators to review it's subscription to pay-on-the-go as is applicable in South Africa, DSTV has now come up with a rather insulting promo for Nigerians. cry

Winners of a raffle draw will win a 1month supply of Petrol to power their gene‎rators obviously! (See Screen shot)

Xenophobia is NOT only when immigrant Nigerians are attacked in South Africa by South Africans, this is an attack on the mentality of ALL Nigerians! cry

I weep for my dear country men while servicing my generator in preparation for our match against the Bafana-Bafana and pray that we "pepper" them today at Akwa Ibom‎ for this insult! : angry

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Shares

Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by Amoyinoluwa24: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wawu what an offer cheesy cheesy
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
I didn't see any insult. It's not dstv that's making life difficult for the masses it's the legislative. They're the ones proposing to increase fuel prices and dstv is only trying to cushion the effects of the hardship. If only u know hw much people spend on petrol every month, you'll thank dstv
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by bkool7(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
Sidon dere make yah boxer dey wear you!
Do you know the amount of relieve that supply of petrol can bring to my monthly expences ?
So nah Dstv say make we nor get light ?
I believe they're merely responding to costomers request the best way they can. whenever they call me to subscribe I usually tell them lack of constant power has made me lost interest in it
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
lofty900:
I didn't see any insult. It's not dstv that's making life difficult for the masses it's the legislative. They're the ones proposing to increase fuel prices and dstv is only trying to cushion the effects of the hardship. If only u know hw much people spend on petrol every month, you'll thank dstv

I don't even think that is the reason.

DSTV is losing subscribers due to power issues. So many refuse to subscribe cause its a waste when there is no electricity.

Instead of them to adopt the pay as you use option, the are doing raffle draws for a month supply of fuel.

Probably because when they call customers who haven't subscribed in a while, the excuse is always the light situation.
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by decatalyst(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Pure market intelligence at work!

I think they did a survey and discovered power to be the main reason why subscriber numbers are going down by the day...so they came up with that gimmick.

It could work so well and it could not still have any effect on their sale in the next quarter.
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by NwaAmaikpe: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
DSTV should continue fûcking us dry since our leaders are fools.
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
kennygee:

I don't even think that is the reason.

DSTV is losing subscribers due to power issues. So many refuse to subscribe cause its a waste when there is no electricity.

Instead of them to adopt the pay as you use option, the are doing raffle draws for a month supply of fuel.

Probably because when they call customers who haven't subscribed in a while, the excuse is always the light situation.
government should enforce that pay as you use option. Every country in the world will come to Nigeria and swindle us. If you know how much foreigners are buying our oil blocs in this country you'll weep
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by bigabbey: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Why pay when you can watch it free,free to air rules!
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
softwerk:
After increasing subscription rates and blatantly refusing to obey the directive of our Legislators to review it's subscription to pay-on-the-go as is applicable in South Africa, DSTV has now come up with a rather insulting promo for Nigerians. cry

Winners of a raffle draw will win a 1month supply of Petrol to power their gene‎rators obviously! (See Screen shot)

Xenophobia is NOT only when immigrant Nigerians are attacked in South Africa by South Africans, this is an attack on the mentality of ALL Nigerians! cry

I weep for my dear country men while servicing my generator in preparation for our match against the Bafana-Bafana and pray that we "pepper" them today at Akwa Ibom‎ for this insult! : angry

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
It's simple, just ignore the text and watch them loose out.
Re: DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
lofty900:
Exactly

(1) (Reply)

Ghana TV: Shocking Confessions Of A Mortuary Man / Things You Need To Know About TSTV / New Nollywood Film: Operation Python Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.