Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

What Can I Do To Help The Haitians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can I Do To Help The Haitians (568 Views)

Ohanaeze Condoles With Igbo Haitians / Resettle Haitians In Africa: Senegal President / Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by abodundef: 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
Just wondering what i can possible do to help the Haitians at this point in time.
i may not be able to travel to Haiti or send relief materials to the dying victims of the natural disaster.
Please fellow Nairalanders, what can we do or how can we help? Nice response expected.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by ayettymama(f): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
if you have a card you can donate online??

the wyclef fund or the red cross??

some churches in naija mite also be donating
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by Fhemmmy: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2010
Give money.
Pray for them
Tell people u know to donate for them and pray for them too
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by ElRazur: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2010
If you are professional, you can volounteer your services. smiley I.e Doctor, Engineer, Nurses, Scientist etc appears to be in shortage. But don't expect to get paid for your time or anything like that.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
what can you do to help the victims in Jos? grin Haiti is too far. Charity begins at home.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by Fhemmmy: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
davidylan:

what can you do to help the victims in Jos? grin Haiti is too far. Charity begins at home.

But she could decide where she would like to help . . . .free will to chose
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by niyi09(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
You can contribute to the relief effort in HAITI through your GSM line (Globacom only).Text HAITI to 33090, Each text cost 50naira and you can text as many times as possible
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by niyi09(m): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
You can also donate through LINK A CHILD.I think they have an account where they are collecting donations.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by ayettymama(f): 12:42am On Jan 26, 2010
lolz

jos is an obvious suicide mission!!!
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by mamagee3(f): 12:48am On Jan 26, 2010
Donate money online or through a Cell Phone Call. wink
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by TippyTop(m): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2010
Charity begins in Haiti for Nairalanders.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by SEFAGO(m): 2:28am On Jan 26, 2010
Dont let the 419 boys see this oo- you could give them ideas for another scam undecided:

New Fraud Letter

I am a Haitian prince trapped under the rubble of the recent earthquake with all my gold, silver and briefcase of $10 million. I am currently typing this email with my laptop underground, and I am sending it to you because I heard you were a trustworthy businessman.  If you transfer $10,000 dollars to this account, my friends can access this funds and hire a bulldozer to save me fro this underground prison. As a reward, i would give you half of my wealth. Kindly waiting your response.

Thanks,

Prince Chop Mugu
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by abodundef: 11:05am On Jan 26, 2010
@ Davidylan, It is true that charity begins at home but Haiti problem started before that of Jos. Just thinking sha. cool
@ Elrazor, thanks though i am a professional(Geologist), i am engaged now but will see what i can do.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by Dede1(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2010
@poster
As one poster has already stated, you can donate through Red Cross or GSM line (Globacom only) by text to HAITI to 33090.

@"charity begins at home"

It is very unfortunate that Nigerians are quick to compare oranges to apples. The mayhem in Haiti was as a result of unforeseen contingence. The disturbance in Jos is an avoidable catastrophe brought upon by the inhabitants of the city of Jos including the indigenes and non-indigenes. I do not believe that the principles intended by the saying that “charity begins at home” apply in these scenarios. Besides, it is the donor’s inalienable privilege to act as he/she wishes.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by Chuckdee(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2010
You can actually make a donation to the Victims of Haiti Earthquake SECURELY by using a GLO line and sending a text message with the words: HAITI to 33090. N50 (50 Naira will be deducted from your balance) and the money will be sent to the RED CROSS by GLO. YOu can text as many times as you wish.

I think this is a nice and foul prove method from GLO. I received an sms about this and do like i have done, make that donation today!.

Hope this info helps.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by ezeagu(m): 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
Any money you send to Haiti will be used to build a new white haven resort. Say yes to neo-colonialism. Please do not send food or anything thats actually worth while in helping the Haitians.
Re: What Can I Do To Help The Haitians by abodundef: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2010
@ Eseagu please show human face naa smiley

(1) (Reply)

What If: / Give Nigerian Northen Muslims Their Own Country / Another Nigerian Wrongly Detained On Christmas Day Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.