Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing (459 Views)

Abaribe, Nnia Nwodo, Jim Nwobodo, SE Governors, Others Have Close Door Meeting / Security: Summary Of Agreements Reached As SE Governors Meet / Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing by myplaydiary: 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2017
I think the SE governors are not proactive and they are not doing anything since the issuing of the threat by the Northern youths which I believe has some northern elite backing them, our governors have done nothing, in fact I was more disappointed when they denied sending buses to pick up Igbo's living in the north. The First paramount interest of any good leader is protecting his people and citizens are our governors waiting for the so called northern youths to make true their threats before a measure ensuring security of lives and property of the Igbo's in the north is taken or they are simply holding unto the words of the senate, the police, the northern elites, El Rufai, Atiku, Emir of Katsina that Igbo's should remain and nothing would happen.

Truth is all those people will not be able to contain the crisis when it starts and the army that will have to do the job have not even reacted to the statement, the police that will have to maintain law and order have not even made any arrest 72hrs after the said speech even when Ango Abdulhai have back the youths, still no arrest, not one have been brought in for questioning. While I believe the Igbo's will be able to hold themselves down for a while when such occurs but for how long will they be able to do that before they become vulnerable and start falling like a pack of cards to these blood thirsty zombies and we can not guarantee that the Army and police will not be use in achieving the aim of these youths as it was used against the Sunni Muslims and Southern Christian's, we also know they have a sharia police do you think this group will play fair.

Personally I am showing my displeasure at the SE Governors who are more concerned about their office than the lives of the Igbo's. Personally apart from the life threatening situation I see this as an opportunity for development in the SE this creates a perfect opportunity for SE governors to woo our Igbo brothers to come and invest big in the east and start thinking total relocation of not just families but their businesses. What stops SE governors from mapping out arrears for these northern returnees. They should map out areas for modern plazas and shops, map out residential estates and cities for these peeps and have them develop it. Trust me these people are up to the task and in less than a year you would see the sort of city expansion that would happen in such areas. However personally I think our governors don't really have the interest of their region and people at heart rather their office comes first, RIP Sam Mbakwe.

My advice to the Igbo's however is to ignore the Northern elites, senate, police and all those telling you that you are safe with them or in their region do not fall for such Ojukwu made same mistake before he could realize it 20,000 of our own were dead, also do not make the mistake of listening to the Middle beltans who have not been able to protect themselves from Fulani herdsmen will now protect you from the combined wrath of Hausa Fulani in their backyard and don't forget they are tools for the Hausa Fulani and were the one that were used to massacre our people the most before the war.
Re: Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing by Temidayo9(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
You won election, and you were given Bible to swear to uphold and defend the Unity of Nigeria. Have for forgotten? They know the truth, while the Youth seems to know nothing about Nigeria.
Re: Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing by myplaydiary: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
Temidayo9:
You won election, and you were given Bible to swear to uphold and defend the Unity of Nigeria. Have for forgotten? They know the truth, while the Youth seems to know nothing about Nigeria.
That should not stop them from calling their people to safety.
Re: Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
They should map out areas for modern plazas and shops, map out residential estates and cities for these peeps and have them develop it. Trust me these people are up to the task and in less than a year you would see the sort of city expansion that would happen in such areas.

I can arrsure you that this have been taken care of.
Don't be influence on what you read here.
Re: Why Are SE Governors Not Proactive And Lack Boldness To Do The Right Thing by EngrBello(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
micskales:
Op I wanted to study Computer science at UI but my o level and Jamb scores were not enough to compete, but I had already changed to mathematics, my question is can I change to computer science after 100level in UI and, if possible what are the requirements of change course after 100level,,, please anyone

Cc Ajet001

(1) (Reply)

The Deadly Conflict Tearing Nigeria Apart (and It’s Not Boko Haram) / APC Expels Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Anti-party Activities / Ambode Tells Fashola To Return All Lagos Buildings, Lands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.