Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander (5747 Views)

Mercedes C Class Or Toyota Camry, Advice Me / Nissan Xterra Or Pathfinder: Which Is Cheaper To Maintain? / Honda Baby Boy Or Toyota Camry(slim Light) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by Rusty09(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
House Please, i need your opinions. Would you rather go for an Xterra or a Highlander? And pls put away ur bias for toyota brand and think in terms of performance, spare parts, fuel consumption and general maintenance, Thanks, grin
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
Without bias, cos i have no loyalty to any brand of car:
I will chose Highlander for the following reasons:
1. It look good
2. It has good second value, so when u tired of it and wanna drive something else, you will be sure to sell it for good money
3. It is cheaper to maintain in Nigeria, cos it is a Toyota product and i think Nigerian mechanics are good at anything toyota
4. Parts are readily available and made it cheaper to fix.
5. Performance is not bat all.

Just my 2 cents
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by Rusty09(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Fhemmy. . . Thanks, really appreciate. More input pls. . .
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by KunleA2(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
Rusty09:

House Please, i need your opinions. Would you rather go for an Xterra or a Highlander? And pls put away your bias for toyota brand and think in terms of performance, spare parts, fuel consumption and general maintenance, Thanks, grin

Both cars are similar yet different. Depending on what you will be using it for. The Xtrarra being design on a solid frame is much stronger and rugged than highlander but the ride is not as smooth in comparison. The highlander will think twice before embarking of very serious unforgiven terrains. Yet its very very smooth riding. Its just like a Camry you know.

So decide on what you will need it for and pick one.

Good luck
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by Rusty09(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Kunle-A . . . Thanks for your input bro, but u know that on naija roads, everyday is almost a new terrain. But on the flidside, i will be moving to Ajah soon and i work in ikoyi and i heard a jeep needed in that zone. Hence my dilemma. . .
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by johnie: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
Rusty,

Considering the area (Ajah) you intend to move to, I would suggest you go for the Xterra.

Like Kunle-A said, the Xterra has a strong frame that can withstand the terrain if you have to go off-road (I.e on the waterfront) to beat traffic.

The most important I would give you in that respect, if you intend to go off-road, is that you MAKE SURE WHICHEVER YOU SETTLE FOR HAS AUXLLIARY GEAR!!!

Many people assume that once a car is a 4x4 it can travel over such terrain. Many 4x4s sink in the sands along the waterfront, between Oniru Estate and Lekki Phase 1 (Ocean Side), and between Lekki Phase 1 (Ocean Side) and second round about.

With a good 4x4 that has auxiliary gear you can conveniently drive through Oniru Estate, Phase 1 (Ocean Side), along Maiyegun Beach, through Alpha Beach, through Lafiaji-Okun Ajah to come out at Abraham Adesanya Estate along the main road.

You must also have 'liver' sha o. This is because not many cars travel that route (but this may be its just because of the terrain).
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by KunleA2(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2010
Don't wanna sway your decision. But i have this pic for you to see. This is Santa Monica Beach, California

Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by ITbomb(m): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
Pls gurus contribute to this topic .
Which is better in terms of durability , long journeys and fuel efficiencies.
Highlander , Xterra and Pathfinder
Google is not my friend
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by engrbanky: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2013
i am interested in this topic please. Mods can you please move it to the front page.
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by demmyboy1(m): 12:56am On Aug 04, 2013
I have a 2006 Nissan Xterra for sale at the current period,check out my profile to see the pictures and contact numbers if you are interested .
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by johnwell(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2013
based on my experience of 13 years on wheel, i advice you go for the Xterra, its more rugged than that toyota highlander of a toy.
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by rhames(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
demmyboy how much is the nissan?
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by demmyboy1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ Rhams sorry i couldnt reply you early enough, the nissan xterra could fly for 2million naira but i am open up for negotiation...The car is a tokunbo with a very good history of maintenance,you can also call 08033574980 or 08022642793 for more info..Also welcome is a mechanic to help you with your inspection.Here are some pictures of the machine

Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by zamirikpo(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
u guys sound like d aja road is d rockies or d alpes, woteva an xterra can do d highlander would do as far as nigerian roads r concerned,d highlander is more like a gentle,good looking version of any suv in its class.....unless u r going to drive on d mountain tops,then neglect beauty and go for rugedity in d xterra bt if its going to b used around d preyn eyes of me nd u nd all them naija hotties abeg na highlander win....
Re: Nissan Xterra Or Toyota Highlander by demmyboy1(m): 2:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Car still available for any potential buyer at a reasonable price.

(1) (Reply)

Volks Wagon Golf 4;price:1.2 Million Naira;see Picture,+229-99748098 / Tipper Truck Man 16.240, 4x4 auxiliary, 6 cylindars engine***SOLD*** / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.