Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? (13341 Views)

Poll: How many times did you write JAMB?

1: 39% (57 votes)
2: 25% (36 votes)
3: 18% (26 votes)
4: 7% (11 votes)
5: 4% (7 votes)
6 or more!: 4% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

JAMB/UME 2012 Exam Date: Shifted/Postponed? / JAMB (UME) 2006/2007 Is Out! / JAMB (UME) Examination Date Postponed(?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by anusule(m): 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2007
Many students and grads took UME several times before getting admission. How many times did you take yours?
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by dinnerm(f): 9:19pm On May 20, 2007
just once,came out with 264.got my admission immediatly
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by naijasoul(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2007
Took jamb four times my people before admission work out. Anyhow sha na God.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by proudly(f): 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2007
thrice had 248,259,261 but lag always f---- my style up
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by nazzyon(m): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2007
Twice then decide to go to Polytechnic for Practicals
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2007
why do you want to know
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by chiegemba(f): 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2007
Took it once but didnt even use it. "wanted 2 die" tongue grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Esss(m): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2007
When I wrote the first JAMB, It was at a special centre (a centre where those who for some reason did not see their centers or for some reason JAMB omitted you.) assigned to me by JAMB (because they did not post me my center), I went to this special center and wrote my ass off. I was so damn confident that I had done well (I had just finished my S.S.C.E). All for the result to come out and my centre was cancelled. The following year, I bought another form, When I looked inside, the transparent film you are supposed to use in sticking your passport to the form was missing,,, so i went back to the bank and bought yet another form just to get that transparent film, When I went online to check for my center, yet again it wasnt there. I went to JAMB office and they sent me to another special center, That was my cue, I packed my bags and left the country, Didnt bother writing it a second time, Today I'm a gradute,

JAMB In my opinion should be scrapped becos I believe it is not a true test of knowledge.

So I wrote JAMB once, but bought three forms in two years, angry sad shocked

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by nazzyon(m): 12:51am On Jun 26, 2007
Somtimes, education in Nigeria gets discouraging to the extent that sometimes I feel like running some programmes myself and sit for different examinations. Afterall, it is only in Nigeria that they deem it fit that you must be a Degree Holder to be recognised in the Country.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Forfavour(m): 6:16am On Jun 26, 2007
twice (1989 & 1990). Got admitted 1990
shocked
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by showbobo(m): 6:17am On Jun 26, 2007
i wrote it twice and now an undergraduate embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Forfavour(m): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2007
CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH ANY USEFUL INFORMATION REGARD UNILAG MBA PRAGRAM

1)Collection & Submission Date

2) Application form Fee & mode of payment

3)Is Qualifying Exam compulsory for everybody & what does exam look like

4) Any other Useful information that deem fit

I'm presently outside naija & don't want to miss the program this year
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by dibosa187: 6:51am On Jun 26, 2007
Took it once(1997), scored 232 and got admitted to study Law and i'm practicing it today. You'all have a great week
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by MP007(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2007
never took it, did ACT INSTEAD
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by tunmininu(f): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2007
Three times, I has 202,221 and 235 respectively, I am now studying Mass communication,
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Onyema1(m): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2007
Most of you here are not sincere!!! No body has mentioned the ones he/she took by proxy. You know what i mean. Let me tell you, for the past 5 years most of the chaps that enters university did not write their JAMB. That is just the bitter truth. For me JAMB needs serious reform. Unless that drastic reform is effected, our graduates will continue to unemployable. "Who told you that there are no jobs in Nigeria" some of our graduates sincerely speaking should go back to the primary school, which is where infact they should be.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by mddude(m): 8:25am On Jun 26, 2007
Sat for UME only once. Scored 240 and got admitted for Electrical Engineering at Ife barely 15 in 1991 based on my state of Origin catchment area (ondo). That was the same year the school calendar was changed and we were rushed outta school. It worked perfectly for me - I finished SSCE in august and sat for JAMB in October
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by lolypop: 9:05am On Jun 26, 2007
i took jamb twice, the first score was 217 while the second one was 244 respectively.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2007
Twice, the first one was cancelled and i scored 232 in the second one
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by mrofficial(m): 10:04am On Jun 26, 2007
I just wrote my first one this year. grin have not checked my result.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by collinx(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2007
I took it twice.though i passed the first one,the result got to me very late,thanks to our ubiquitous NIPOST.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by ade2kay(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2007
Wasup peoples.
This's a very interesting topic
I took JAMB 5 times
i started in 1999 when i was 13yrs 7 months and scored 188,
i wrote my SSCE the same year and made all my papers
then wrote PolyJAMB in the same year and got into the polytechnic,
and all through poly till HND I, i kept writing JAMB 4more times and tried Direct entry too till 2003 when
i wrote the last one and decided to call it quits.
Incidentally, that 188 was d highest i ever scored in JAMB
It was really baffling.
Not that i wasn't brilliant, i am now and i was then, but i just couldn't prove that to JAMB
Anyway, it's past, i'm a graduate and working now.
Life is beautiful now.
My advice is: just get into the University by hook or crook (don't quote me),
but study hard in school to justify whatever certificate you get from there.
If i had got into the university then by crook,i wouldn't have minded.
Back then in poly, there was a guy that scored 200+ in polyJAMB but was one of the dullest in class (no offence meant)
Nigeria today is corrupt, it's just getting better, so if you are really worth your onions, don't waste ur time reading for JAMB, get into school anyhow wink,
at least you know you are good upstairs and you can deliver when you get into school and finally into the labour market.
Peace.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by phizzy(m): 10:42am On Jun 26, 2007
i wrote Jamb twice but entererd university with my first result although i didnt get my first choice course, i took the exam a second time in the bid to get my first choice but my centre was messed up and we were stopped after only writing 3 papers. Looking back now, its all good, i had great time in Uni and during NYSC. Im working now and I thank God is dont have to write Jamb again since you have to get 300 to gain admission and the issue of post jamb test!! I'm happy i wrote it when i did.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by lukrauf(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2007
I wrote JAMB only once. It seems unbelieveable. although, I am very young. Infact my parents didnt want me to enter the university at that age. But thank God I am now a 400level Law student in ABU zaria.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Pamperme: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2007
Really dont like talking about it but i took JAMB 3 times, had 170, 195 and 199 and the last one was the most painful.  embarassed  embarassed  Am a graduate now obviously not through JAMB.  grin  grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Christino(m): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2007
UME?

1997 - 177
1998 - 169
1999 - Gave up!

Can anyone here beat that? grin

WAEC was worse! cheesy
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by 9ja4eva: 11:41am On Jun 26, 2007
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by kosovo(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2007
hi guys
i took jamb just once and scored 260, thereafter i wrote the uniben post u.m.e and scored
63 but was given microbiology because of the disaccreditation of the dentistry dept. any how shaaa
GOD dey.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by texazzpete(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2007
Onyema1:

Most of you here are not sincere!!! No body has mentioned the ones he/she took by proxy. You know what i mean. Let me tell you, for the past 5 years most of the chaps that enters university did not write their JAMB. That is just the bitter truth. For me JAMB needs serious reform. Unless that drastic reform is effected, our graduates will continue to unemployable. "Who told you that there are no jobs in Nigeria" some of our graduates sincerely speaking should go back to the primary school, which is where infact they should be.
'Bitter truth' my arse. YOU sound really bitter. For you to say that most of the people that enter Unis in Naija didn't write their own JAMB, that speaks volumes for your own level of ignorance. If you're so much of an olodo, then dont seek to tar others with the same brush

Wrote my own JAMB as a tiny, fearful 15 year old. finished my english with 20 mins to spare, the incompetent JAMB officials refused to hand over the remaining subject combination until after the english timem had elapsed andn the combination time had begun, then they started sharing the other papers.
How did they do it? they'd go to the first person and ask him what he wanted, then they'd go rummage through the pile and get it for him, all at a pace that'd make a snail look supersonic. I started my JAMB 25 mins later after i begged someone in front to please tear out his Maths section so i could start.

Scored 207. And i became an engineering student soon afterward

Jamb of May 24th 1997. highest in naija less than 270. Not like these high-scoring JAMBs we got nowadays. . .
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by obyann(f): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2007
i wrote JAMB twice, i did not succeed in any. now running a part time programme with (Yabatech)  "The City University of Yaba".
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by texazzpete(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2007
the topic should be changed to 'How many times did you take UME for yourself', because if the truth be told, lotsa guys (and girls) have written many JAMbs even after admission as part of 'machinery' action  grin

Had a guy i usedta know in Uni called kenbynz. guy wrote JAMB, SSCE, NECO, hell he woulda written common entrance if the price was right  grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by pterygott(f): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2007
1nce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maduka University Receives Its Operating License From NUC In Abuja / Strike: Buhari Playing Physiological Game, ASUU Replies Garba Shehu / China Awards 24 Nigerian Students University Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.