Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) (9276 Views)

Photos Of Aliens Living Under The Earth / Mysterious Mammoth Bone Circles Could Explain How Man Survived The Last Ice Age / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Osasnidas(m): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2017
very cool
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Thayay(m): 7:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Amazon rain forest and Sahara desert scares me the most. Imagine someone stranded in such place

3 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Unseen(m): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
Explorers:
Mariana trench, Western Pacific ocean

(11,000m deep from the bottom of the ocean)

Located in Western Pacific ocean, Mariana trench is the deepest part of the Earth.

This deep, crescent shaped trench was formed by ocean to ocean subduction about millions of years ago.

The deepest point in Mariana trench isknown as ‘challenger deep’.

The depth of this point is estimated to be 10,994 meters.

Considering the depth and high pressure in Mariana trench, it’s a dangerous place to explore.

Until now, Two successful manned descent to challenger deep has been recorded.

The first manned-descent to challenger deep was done by Swiss Oceanographer Jacques Piccard and USN Lieutenant Don Walsh in 1960.

The second mission was done by famous Hollywood film director James Cameroon on 26th March 2012.

It was a solo mission.

Mariana trench is home for many rare minerals and deep ocean creatures.

The floor of Mariana trench contains fossils that age missions of years.

Detailed exploration on challenger deep could reveal many secrets of Earth.

But the unsustainable conditions of Mariana trench make it so difficult.

Two successful manned descent to Challenger deep, but no real life pics

4 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by anomsodi(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2017
chai explorer you can lie

I have been to this places you been my guide......... nice one bro ....
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:24am On Jun 11, 2017
Unseen:

Google and read more about James Cameron's deep sea challenge.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16003655&sid=79

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2017
What about the Bermuda triangle? That remains the biggest unsolved mystery of the oceans in my opinion. That said,keep 'em coming @Explorers. Nice one,sir.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Thayay:
Amazon rain forest and Sahara desert scares me the most. Imagine someone stranded in such place

As in ehn,na die o. You got a cute baby.

1 Like

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by homerac7: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
Thayay:

There are indigenous tribes living in the Amazon forest, and desert dwellers in Sahara desert. In fact, Sahara desert has been crossroads of international/continental trades for thousands of years, so there are well worn trade routes and rest points for those who know the place very well.

Now , try Antarctica. That's the most brutal place on earth.

4 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by teamsynergy: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2017
mansakhalifa:
What about the Bermuda triangle? That remains the biggest unsolved mystery of the oceans in my opinion. That said,keep 'em coming @Explorers. Nice one,sir.
B triangle is not unexplored...scientist troop in every year to solve the mystery
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by teamsynergy: 8:55am On Jun 11, 2017
Thayay:
atacama desert is another place you don't wanna be. the driest place on earth
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by samtee37(m): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2017
Unseen:

James Cameron Dives to Bottom of the Pacific
In 1997 James Cameron famously sent the RMS Titanic to the ocean floor. Now he has made an even deeper trip himself: in a submersible called the Deepsea Challenger, he descended to the bottom of the Mariana Trench -- seven miles beneath the western Pacific Ocean, deeper than Mt. Everest is high.

And he lived to tell about it. Today, on a conference call to reporters from the research vessel Mermaid Sapphire, he enthused about the mystery and adventure of being all alone in the darkness, 35,576 feet beneath the surface of the sea.

"I just sat there looking out the window, looking at this barren, desolate lunar plain, appreciating," Cameron said.

Click Here for Pictures: James Cameron's Dive

"There had to be a moment where I just stopped, and took it in, and said, 'This is where I am. I'm at the bottom of the ocean, the deepest place on Earth. What does that mean?'"

Cameron, with backing from the National Geographic Society, spent about three hours in a barren spot called Challenger Deep, south of the island of Guam, the deepest-known part of any ocean in the world. He shot video, some in 3-D, and tried to take samples of life forms and rocks, but his sub's robot arm failed because of what National Geographic said was a hydraulic fluid leak.

In the perpetual darkness, Cameron conceded there was not much to see. The temperature outside the Deepsea Challenger was around 36 degrees Fahrenheit, and the pressure outside his protective diving chamber was several thousand pounds per square inch.

"It was bleak," he said. "It looked like the moon."

"I didn't see a fish," he said. "I didn't find anything that looked alive to me, other than a few amphipods in the water." Amphipods are shrimplike creatures sometimes found in the deep ocean.

Cameron -- whose films "Avatar" and "Titanic" were the biggest blockbusters in movie history -- now holds a record for the deepest solo dive ever made. Two other men, Navy Capt. Don Walsh and Swiss engineer Jacques Piccard, dove together to the bottom of the Mariana Trench in 1960, but spent only 20 minutes on the sea floor before returning. They said at the time that their sub kicked up so much muck that there was almost nothing visible through their thick viewing ports. No one has been back between then and Cameron's dive; some scientists said the risk and expense were not worth the reward.

Cameron, who is wealthy enough to go on such adventures, said he hoped to start a new chapter in deep-sea exploration.

"To me, the story is in the people in their quest and curiosity and their attempt to understand," Cameron said.

hope this help

3 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Unseen(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2017
samtee37:

In 1997 James Cameron famously sent the RMS Titanic to the ocean floor. Now he has made an even deeper trip himself: in a submersible called the Deepsea Challenger, he descended to the bottom of the Mariana Trench -- seven miles beneath the western Pacific Ocean, deeper than Mt. Everest is high.

And he lived to tell about it. Today, on a conference call to reporters from the research vessel Mermaid Sapphire, he enthused about the mystery and adventure of being all alone in the darkness, 35,576 feet beneath the surface of the sea.

"I just sat there looking out the window, looking at this barren, desolate lunar plain, appreciating," Cameron said.

"There had to be a moment where I just stopped, and took it in, and said, 'This is where I am. I'm at the bottom of the ocean, the deepest place on Earth. What does that mean?'"

Cameron, with backing from the National Geographic Society, spent about three hours in a barren spot called Challenger Deep, south of the island of Guam, the deepest-known part of any ocean in the world. He shot video, some in 3-D, and tried to take samples of life forms and rocks, but his sub's robot arm failed because of what National Geographic said was a hydraulic fluid leak.

In the perpetual darkness, Cameron conceded there was not much to see. The temperature outside the Deepsea Challenger was around 36 degrees Fahrenheit, and the pressure outside his protective diving chamber was several thousand pounds per square inch.

"I didn't see a fish," he said. "I didn't find anything that looked alive to me, other than a few amphipods in the water." Amphipods are shrimplike creatures sometimes found in the deep ocean.

Cameron -- whose films "Avatar" and "Titanic" were the biggest blockbusters in movie history -- now holds a record for the deepest solo dive ever made. Two other men, Navy Capt. Don Walsh and Swiss engineer Jacques Piccard, dove together to the bottom of the Mariana Trench in 1960, but spent only 20 minutes on the sea floor before returning. They said at the time that their sub kicked up so much muck that there was almost nothing visible through their thick viewing ports. No one has been back between then and Cameron's dive; some scientists said the risk and expense were not worth the reward.

Cameron, who is wealthy enough to go on such adventures, said he hoped to start a new chapter in deep-sea exploration.

"To me, the story is in the people in their quest and curiosity and their attempt to understand," Cameron said.

hope this help

Real life pics not long grammar.

At least there should be pics not that illustration Explorers posted
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Alexbrain(m): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2017
samtee37:

hope this help
No words could be truer, we should all let curiosity drive us to understand.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by samtee37(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2017
Unseen:

Google is your friend.. Sir!

5 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:38am On Jun 11, 2017
Unseen:

How about this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2012/mar/26/james-cameron-mariana-trench-solo?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4136454558
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by hardbody: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Unseen:

Visualise what you can't see
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
@teamsynergy I agree but my fascination is with what lies at bottom of the whirlpool(know what I team). I don't think anyone has been able to get down there and see how that place really is and I would like to see that otherwise,what those scientists are trying to do is incomplete.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
@teamsynergy I agree but my fascination is with what lies at bottom of the whirlpool(know what I team). I don't think anyone has been able to get down there and see how that place really is and I would like to see that otherwise,what those scientists are trying to do is incomplete. Quite true what you said about the Atacama.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by DanseMacabre(m): 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these places are where mankind's deities are hibernating, removed from man's relentless advance to occupy the world and the destruction that comes in its wake.

There are definitely unseen species and classes of life as old as the earth in some of these places.

2 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by k199192: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
mansakhalifa:
its no longer a mystery... use google
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by k199192: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Explorers:

How about this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2012/mar/26/james-cameron-mariana-trench-solo?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4136454558
If every Nigerian is like you... Maybe we would be in a better place.... I mean, I understand you do these researches just because you can or want, I stand to be corrected though, and I have seen situations where people call you names and stuff, trying to prove you wrong. What strikes me is the manner in which you respond. This is a perfect example, you trying to enlighten someone and he is demanding a picture like he is paying you for it and I expect you to ignore, instead you give him a link. wow.... Explorers you are the man of the year. I owe you that award. Anytime wey I blow, I go DHL am give you.

5 Likes

Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
k199192:

Explorers you are the man of the year. I owe you that award. Anytime wey I blow, I go DHL am give you.

Lol......Thanks.

Am expecting the award o bro.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Efewestern: 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
k199192:
If every Nigerian is like you... Maybe we would be in a better place.... I mean, I understand you do these researches just because you can or want, I stand to be corrected though, and I have seen situations where people call you names and stuff, trying to prove you wrong. What strikes me is the manner in which you respond. This is a perfect example, you trying to enlighten someone and he is demanding a picture like he is paying you for it and I expect you to ignore, instead you give him a link. wow.... Explorers you are the man of the year. I owe you that award. Anytime wey I blow, I go DHL am give you.

lolx.. who is not following explorers on nl is dulling, men the guy three much.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Niceone. Edutaining. Let me go google the Mariana trench
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Thayay(m): 7:01am On Jun 13, 2017
Tiny23:

As in ehn,na die o. You got a cute baby.
thanks dear, he's my nephew. That his pic was just coincidentally snapped, making it look like he's marveled.. He's getting grown now ..... I just wish my baby will be as fine as that kiss
... Oh i forgot to tell you. He's troublesome too lol
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Thayay(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2017
teamsynergy:

atacama desert is another place you don't wanna be. the driest place on earth
... Lol bro I'll not even go for million naira
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Thayay(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2017
homerac7:

There are indigenous tribes living in the Amazon forest, and desert dwellers in Sahara desert. In fact, Sahara desert has been crossroads of international/continental trades for thousands of years, so there are well worn trade routes and rest points for those who know the place very well.

Now , try Antarctica. That's the most brutal place on earth.
Hmmm. . I'm wondering what will take me there at first place lol
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thayay:
thanks dear, he's my nephew. That his pic was just coincidentally snapped, making it look like he's marveled.. He's getting grown now ..... I just wish my baby will be as fine as that kiss
... Oh i forgot to tell you. He's troublesome too lol

You derailing the thread sir.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Thayay(m): 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
Explorers:

You derailing the thread sir.
I'm sorry Chief..... Pardon me
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by Kenny242(m): 7:23am On May 26, 2020
wow nice thread
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by newinventions: 10:53am On May 28, 2020
AngelicDamsel:

Hi AngelicDamsel, I have a proposal for you.
Re: The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) by AngelicDamsel(f): 12:35pm On May 28, 2020
newinventions:

Hi AngelicDamsel, I have a proposal for you.

Hello newinventions. Okay, so what's the proposal?
Do you want to show me new inventions? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Uses Of The Moon? / How To Create Your Own Personal Config File For Http Injector / Human Waste For Electricity, Do You Support It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.