Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible (1014 Views)

Daddy Freeze On Pastor Adeboye's Necklace: "This Is Pressing Of Virgin Breast" / What Is The Attack Behind Witchcraft Pressing At Night? / Ever Wondered If There's Evidence Of Black Africans In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by edidiongmichael(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2017
A lot of people have had so many opinion on these questions with some suggesting that there's no actual answer. Let me ask you;

1. Who created the waters? According to Genesis 1:1-5.
2. Who did cane marry in the Bible? According to Genesis 4:1-26

Beware of other translations.. KJV is preferable.
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by edidiongmichael(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2017
I need answers o
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by dingbang(m): 8:05am On Jun 11, 2017
edidiongmichael:

I need answers o
commit suicide ...then you will ask Jesus when you get to heaven

1 Like

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 11, 2017
dingbang:

SAVAGIC!!!! MINDLESS SAVAGERY

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by edidiongmichael(m): 8:17am On Jun 11, 2017
dingbang:

It's easier to say you don't know than to comment your loads of hiccups

4 Likes

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by dingbang(m): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2017
edidiongmichael:

It's easier to say you don't know than to comment your loads of hiccups
my friend that is the best answer for you because you asked a very stupid question... Capisce
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by edidiongmichael(m): 8:24am On Jun 11, 2017
dingbang:
my friend that is the best answer for you because you asked a very stupid question... Capisce

Stupid enough, you don't know the answer.. Kindly admit than displaying this your uncultured manner

5 Likes

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by dingbang(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Stupid enough, you don't know the answer.. Kindly admit than displaying this your uncultured manner
oh yes.. When I see people like you ask dumb questions, I would be so happy to trash you.

Who created the waters? Why not ask who created you? Please get lost.
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Reasonable questions do prickle the religious fellows, they just want to avoid any questions that exposes the dogmatism in their beliefs.

Op, please ignore that dingbang moniker.

He is only embarrassed by his beliefs which lacks validation when subjected to scrutiny.

4 Likes

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by firstking01(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2017
edidiongmichael:
A lot of people have had so many opinion on these questions with some suggesting that there's no actual answer. Let me ask you;

Are you a christian?
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by firstking01(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Reasonable questions do prickle the religious fellows, they just want to avoid any questions that exposes the dogmatism in their beliefs.

Op, please ignore that dingbang moniker.

He is only embarrassed by his beliefs which lacks validation when subjected to scrutiny.
First question has answer...Second question has no concrete answer...
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by edidiongmichael(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2017
dingbang:
oh yes.. When I see people like you ask dumb questions, I would be so happy to trash you.

Who created the waters? Why not ask who created you? Please get lost.

I see you don't read the Bible and you probably don't care. It's good for you sha
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by edidiongmichael(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2017
firstking01:
Are you a christian?

Yes why?
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by enilove(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2017
Read carefully what the Bible says and you will discover there is no problem.

Genesis 1:1-2 KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. [2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This tells you that God created the earth but was created without any design or shape. It was latter that God decided to give it a form . The day God created the earth He created it along with the water and left it but came back to put it in shape that would make it habitable or livable for we human beings.
It is like a bread baker. You mix the flour with water , sugar ,yeast, and mould it with butter then cut into d baking pans and left for hours to rise . It is latter that you will put them in the oven to bake . We now will say or call it " bread" which is now fit for eating.

What I have just explained is that creation is always in stages.
The first stage was to create the earth with water in it , probably with other things. But that first stage is a stage " without form and void".
Another stage was creation of light etc.

Summary is that God created the earth which contained water. Or He created it and put water in it.

Your second question regarding d wife of cain can be found in
Genesis 5:4-5 KJV
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: [5] And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

This means Cain married his sister.

1 Like

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by malvisguy212: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2017
edidiongmichael:

1.Genesis 1:1 say : in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Since the waters and the lands and the waters above the heavens and the waters on the earth were not separated yet, creating heaven and earth In the beginning, its include water.
2. Cain and Abel were not the only sons of Adam, in fact Abel was not the second born, the text only say Abel was the second son, if Abel was the second son , then the second born must have been a girl. it is more likely that Cain marry his sister. from the beginning of Genesis, the law of incest does not exist, so it was no problem Cain marrying his sister, the apostle Paul say in Romans 4:15 " were there is no law there is no transgression "

1 Like

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by ivolt: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
You will never get an answer because all myths are created as entertaining stories
for kids hence they are not logic-proof.
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by Lex11(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
@ivolt... "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." -Luke 18:17
All the prophecy contained in the holy scriptures is not myth... it has historically (and continues to) come to pass.

@OP - The Almighty GOD, via the Word, made the waters... "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." - John 1:3

Second, we aren't told where Cain's wife came from... should it matter?

"For with God nothing shall be impossible." - Luke 1:37
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by kodded(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
malvisguy212:
1.Genesis 1:1 say : in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Since the waters and the lands and the waters above the heavens and the waters on the earth were not separated yet, creating heaven and earth In the beginning, its include water.
2. Cain and Abel were not the only sons of Adam, in fact Abel was not the second born, the text only say Abel was the second son, if Abel was the second son , then the second born must have been a girl. it is more likely that Cain marry his sister. from the beginning of Genesis, the law of incest does not exist, so it was no problem Cain marrying his sister, the apostle Paul say in Romans 4:15 " were there is no law there is no transgression "
smiley
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Don't take the book of Genesis literal, especially the first 3 chapters.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by GoodMuyis(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
OP a confused fellow, you want answers there ypu have above,
Palsm 14:1
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by malvisguy212: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
ivolt:
You will never get an answer because all myths are created as entertaining stories
malvisguy212:
ivolt:
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by Alphamale2017(m): 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
in the begining God created heaven and earth. now you are asking me who created the water inside the earth that God already created. ?? can't you see how dumb you are. ??
se bible should list object. ?? agbaya
Re: Two Pressing Questions I've Always Wondered If There's An Answer In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05am On Jun 12, 2017
edidiongmichael:

enilove and malvisguy212 did justice to your questions. Way to go! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points For Major Turnaround. / "The Faith Of Abraham" / Donald Duke Live At Deeperlife Power Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.