Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Introducing The Xbox One X! - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Introducing The Xbox One X! (4893 Views)

Ps4,Ps3,Xbox one X,Xbox360 Available / How The PS5 Will Beat The Xbox X / Is The Xbox 360 Hackable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introducing The Xbox One X! by cao(f): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lana1:
A video game console is an electronic, digital or computer device that outputs a video signal or visual image to display a video game that one or more people can play.

A "gaming" PC classifies as a gaming console.

A dedicated console on the other hand is different
If we use your logic then, they should be saying on consoles, instead of PC & consoles. Stop trying to use dodgy semantics. Why you no talk mobile then? Abi you no dey play game for mobile? A gaming PC is still a PC.
Re: Introducing The Xbox One X! by HyDef(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lana1:
A video game console is an electronic, digital or computer device that outputs a video signal or visual image to display a video game that one or more people can play.

A "gaming" PC classifies as a gaming console.

A dedicated console on the other hand is different

Dude. You took the first paragraph off Wikipedia and conveniently ignored the rest.

"The term "video game console" is primarily used to distinguish a console machine primarily designed for consumers to use for playing video games, in contrast to arcade machines or home computers... A home computer is a personal computer designed for home use for a variety of purposes, such as bookkeeping, accessing the Internet and playing video games."

Even as a 'gaming' PC, I'm still inclined to call it a home computer.

A dedicated console is completely different from an Xbox or a Playstation.

"A dedicated console is a video game console that is dedicated to a built in game or games, and is not equipped for additional games, via cartridges, discs or other media."
Re: Introducing The Xbox One X! by Lana1(m): 11:17am On Jun 19, 2017
Ok. Ok. U guys should sheath ur Katanas, Machetes and Knives. I no come here to fight or to start any PC debate. Just here to bad bele the Xbox small mainly bcoz i've always hated the console.

Anyways, if u can play a game on it, then it is a console.

And cao i dont do mobile(phone) games. But if u're talking about handheld devices like the Vita, Switch, PSP, Nvidia Shield, heck even the gameboy sef, then yes, it is a console.

Let me just drop this here....
Link

Cc hydef

Re: Introducing The Xbox One X! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lana1:
Ok. Ok. U guys should sheath ur Katanas, Machetes and Knives. I no come here to fight or to start any PC debate. Just here to bad bele the Xbox small mainly bcoz i've always hated the console.

Anyways, if u can play a game on it, then it is a console.

And cao i dont do mobile(phone) games. But if u're talking about handheld devices like the Vita, Switch, PSP, Nvidia Shield, heck even the gameboy sef, then yes, it is a console.

Let me just drop this here....
Link

Cc hydef

Katagnari unsheathed*

Ur initial statement about PC being a console is flawed, hope u now agree u know nothing grin

Since u accepted that bit, you are now tryin to make ur point seem relevant, by linking ur initiql idea to the Nintendo gameboys and switch handhelds(which u should have cited as an example since)

Yes?! A console is any device primarily designed to play games. A PC IS THEREFORE NOT A CONSOLE!!!

Now stop trying to sound smart all of a sudden by including handhelds into the picture. We all know that...

Even this link and picture u dropped lol! Poor attempt at struggling to stay relevant.

GOOGLE THE MEANING OF TECHNICALLY

*drops mic

1 Like

Re: Introducing The Xbox One X! by Lana1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: Introducing The Xbox One X! by Lana1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
Silkmoth33:

Katagnari unsheathed*

Ur initial statement about PC being a console is flawed, hope u now agree u know nothing grin
How is it flawed?? "If it can play video games, then it is a console. Therefore a PC is a console." Silkmoth, can u in ur infinite wisdom explain how flawed this statement is??

Since u accepted that bit, you are now tryin to make ur point seem relevant, by linking ur initiql idea to the Nintendo gameboys and switch handhelds(which u should have cited as an example since)
I didnt come up with the idea of handhelds. CaƓ did. I was only addressing the point she was trying to make.

Yes?! A console is any device primarily designed to play games. A PC IS THEREFORE NOT A CONSOLE!!!
Lmao. U just shot urself in the foot. Stop trying to sound like the most intelligent kid in the class and kindly move aside.
Ok. Lets even use ur definition sef. "A console is any device." A PC/computer is also a device. There are custom made PCs just like the Xbox 1 X specially designed to play games at the highest settings. So how is a PC not a console from ur above definition Einstein?? Pls!!

Now stop trying to sound smart all of a sudden by including handhelds into the picture. We all know that...
Kindly refer to paragraph 2

Even this link and picture u dropped lol! Poor attempt at struggling to stay relevant.
If it can play games, then it is a console. If u dont like it, kee ursef. Wikipedia agrees with me, and the good people of Gamespot forum also agree with me. U would ve made more sense if u used "Gaming Platform" instead of "Gaming Console".
Google "Gaming Platform" and tell me what u discovered.

GOOGLE THE MEANING OF TECHNICALLY

*drops mic
*picks mic and smashes it on silkmoth's head*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Where And How Much To Hack My Ps3 With Latest Games / Does Sportybet Pay For One Game Cut. / Football Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.