Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) - Career (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) (134945 Views)

ICAN November 2018 Results (let's Meet Here) / May 2017 Salary / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by wisebolak43: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2017
abobim:
4 D PERSON THAT WANTS TO CALL FOR RE-MARKING , THERE ARE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES IN DOING THAT BUT ANYWAY MEET UR TUITION CENTRE OR ANY TUITION CENTRE FOR MORE ADVICE ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. FIRST U WRITE A LETTER WITH A NON-REFUNDABLE FEE. I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE AMOUNT ANYWAY BUT THEY WILL CALL YOU TO COME AND WITHNESSED IT..YES YOU MIGHT HAVE WRIITEN VERY WELL BUT THE TRUTH IS DAT MAY BE U DIDN'T PRESENT YOUR CASE VERY WELL. REMEMBER THAT THERE IS NO CORRECT ANSWER IN CASE STUDY. I KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO DID THAT , HIS RESULT WAS REMARK BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT IN THE STATEMENT OF PROFIT OR LOSS, THE AMOUNT WAS IN '000 BUT HE ACTUALLY COMPUTED HIS WITHOUT THE '000 . LITTLE ERRORS AND ACCORDING TO HIM,AFTER THE REMAKING HE FINDS OUT THAT HE DIDN'T SCORE UP TO THE MARKS..

there is correct answer,bt no single way to the answers.there ar more to d case study dan correct figures,such as professionalism,application of knowledge acquired in all courses etc.
d current sylabus does nt give room for only theoretical answers bt practice answer as obtainable in d field.

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by prodigy1(m): 11:50am On Jul 14, 2017
Pls is there a way I can get my evoucher? Didn't get any message from ican

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by oasky1: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
I got the e-voucher PIN and other relevant information required to check my result this morning but I have been having difficulties in accessing my result. Do anyone have any idea of how can go about it? Thanks
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
oasky1:
I got the e-voucher PIN and other relevant information required to check my result this morning but I have been having difficulties in accessing my result. Do anyone have any idea of how can go about it? Thanks
Visit
http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=24
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by aduntemi: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
RayOB1:

Hello ingenuity,

I believe in transparency as well and support your quest to really investigate the result which you seem to strongly believe is at variance wit ur performance. However, I suggest you consider the below first before taking a decision.

I wrote case - study last diet and had maybe 14% or some ridiculous score like that.
Given that it was the only paper stopping me from clearing all Five, and I actually provided every single answer/step to that reconstruction question they set, I was angry and skeptical. I subsequently engaged some stakeholders and subsequently learned that although I got the answers right, the format in which I wrote it was seriously wrong! Of course we all wrote the report and did the appendices and all that.... but Case - Study is a little more than that really.

Expressing professional skepticism,
Mentioning the issues involved with using the approach used,
Offering the disclaimer,
Suggesting other alternatives to the approach taken etc...

These are all sections of your report that have similar if not more importance than the answer to the question itself. Rumor has it that writing the correct answer alone has maximum of 20 marks, so once your format excludes some of the above, the highest mark you can get is 20. Dunno how true this is, but the possibility is very instructive!

Also, knowing Nigeria and our bureaucracies, I daresay it most likely will be a long - winded and time - wasting exercise gamble (I mean these guys could not even release the original results until almost 3 months later!)

I don't actually know the process of calling for a re-mark (apologies then if these all seem like a waste of your time) and would love a chance to learn about it, if you eventually go through with it... But if not, then the end is nearer now than ever, just look at those sections of your report writing format that you may need to work on and you'll find it annoyingly simple to pass in November!

Cheers.
You are right.. For case study last diet I was sure I did rubbish but I had the format down and that was what helped me I believe

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
oasky1:

Use Google chrome
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by vincent2uk: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nov 2016 diet i scored 7 in SFM. This diet i passed it.some scores can really be annoying.

3 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Youngdream1: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Youngdream1: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
I finally passed FR. I am in professional level. I seriously need a reading partner(preferably female)

2 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by donokoh(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
vincent2uk:
Nov 2016 diet i scored 7 in SFM. This diet i passed it.some scores can really be annoying.
bro u mean 7 (seven), abi u wanted to write 17 .... Lol. At time i just wonder how ICAN mark this thing . Those paper u feel u have done none sense and have failed and when result comes out u will just be surprise that u pass with good scores and the paper u know and sure u did very well some time comes out not good. Infact na only God wey creat heaven and and earth know how dis people they take mark this thing.

3 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by vincent2uk: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
donokoh:
bro u mean 7 (seven), abi u wanted to write 17 .... Lol. At time i just wonder how ICAN mark this thing . Those paper u feel u have done none sense and have failed and when result comes out u will just be surprise that u pass with good scores and the paper u know and sure u did very well some time comes out not good. Infact na only God wey creat heaven and and earth know how dis people they take mark this thing.

bro i mean 7 (seven) lols. very annoying tin. i won cry i no fit
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by OlalekanEdun(m): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
vincent2uk:

bro i mean 7 (seven) lols. very annoying tin. i won cry i no fit

LMAO, ICAN it is well!
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Shegofams(m): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Anyone with video lectures for any of the papers in professional level for giving out or for sale should please contact me,
Also a study partner in Abuja is highly welcomed
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by segzyogondus(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
tempex88:
Result has not been pasted. Gbolahan will come confirm now

Happy Birthday to you my Birthday Mate
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Ugosample(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
donokoh:

Sometimes it happens like that.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by ruffneck(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
ingenuity2014:
Good morning house. Congratulations to those that qualified this diet. I was really hoping and praying that I would be among those that qualified. Please, I want to request for re-marking of my Case Study script or query the score I had (20). Does anyone know the process?

I wrote my last two papers this diet: Case Study (20) and Adv. Taxation (70). I'm not trying to boast or anything, but that CS can't be my result. Even the diet that I didn't read at all nor attended lectures, I never scored that low. Not to talk about this diet that I attended lectures all through, read very well, prayed and believed God that I would qualify, then I'm getting 20 in Case Study.

Please anyone that knows how to query a result, should give me info. I'm ready to take that route. Thanks.
Welcome to ICAN world!id advice u channel that energy u wld use in chasing the past into Nov diet and see urslf soar.last diet I didn't kw there's a pattern to answering case study.my computations were almost perfect...but I go 10...yeah u read me right!10/100.my appendices were before my report.on enquiry I was told that I can was benevolent to hav given me 10 cos what I did was a blonder in CS.i had a blast this diet.so suck it all up and get the move on.Again if u call for ur script and at d end of the process u dnt prove ICAN wrong,ur membership is gone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by tempex88(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
segzyogondus:

Happy Birthday to you my Birthday Mate

Thnaks baba. HBD 2 u too

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by tempex88(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Youngdream1:
I finally passed FR. I am in professional level. I seriously need a reading partner(preferably female)

are u female?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Emmanuel360(m): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
i need a study partner. anyone staying around sango ota and eviron. pls mail me anyanwu.emmanuel92@gmail.com .skill level pls
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by jobbers: 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
good
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Adeolu777: 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
Same here. Need for FR.
Emmanuel360:
i need a study partner. anyone staying around sango ota and eviron. pls mail me anyanwu.emmanuel92@gmail.com .skill level pls
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Melian(f): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
optimusmind:

Visit
http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=24

Hi. I intend writing only 4 papers in Skills. Will I be required to pay for exemption for the remaining two papers I don't write?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
Melian:

Hi. I intend writing only 4 papers in Skills. Will I be required to pay for exemption for the remaining two papers I don't write?
That would depend on the qualification you are using.
If your qualification is a BSc from an accredited institution or ATSWA qualification, you would be required to pay N53, 000 from the 5 papers you are exempted from in foundation level, and two papers on skill level.

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Melian(f): 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
optimusmind:

That would depend on the qualification you are using.
If your qualification is a BSc from an accredited institution or ATSWA qualification, you would be required to pay N53, 000 from the 5 papers you are exempted from in foundation level, and two papers on skill level.

I'm done with foundation and now want to write four in skills. So what's it going to be?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2017
Melian:

I'm through with foundation. And now want to write 4 in skills. So what's it going to be?

Hello,

It's not possible to write four in skills.
Anyone who comes in through the foundation route is expected to write all six courses at the skill level with no exemption. Infact, those courses are for them to make them more grounded on audit and tax against the professional level.

You have to write the six courses in the skill level.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Melian(f): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
optimusmind:

Hello,

It's not possible to write four in skills.
Anyone who comes in through the foundation route is expected to write all six courses at the skill level with no exemption. Infact, those courses are for them to make them more grounded on audit and tax against the professional level.

You have to write the six courses in the skill level.

I actually meant to write 4 in November and put off the remaining two for a later time. Are you saying that isn't possible, that I must write all 6 at a time?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Melian:

I actually meant to write 4 in November and 2 later. Are you saying that isn't possible, that I must write all 6 at a time?
You can write even two at a time... It's completely possible. I was saying there are no exemption for someone coming from foundations
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Melian(f): 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
optimusmind:

You can write even two at a time... It's completely possible. I was saying there are no exemption for someone coming from foundations

Ok then. So my initial question was will I be required to pay for the two papers l defer?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Iyanuscholar: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Invitation to join the 'Professional Accountants' WhatsApp Group

The 'Professional Accountants' WhatsApp group brings various professional members, students, and experts in the field of Accounting together.

The essence of this group is to serve as a great tool for sharing ideas, information, collaboration, ethics, updates and carrier opportunities in Accounting field.

Unlike other WhatsApp groups, Members of this group are guided by the codes of ethics in the professional body(ies) or institution(s) they belong to.

In addition to this, all members are expected to post into this group, relevant content at LEAST ONCEIN A WEEK. Valuable contributions and comments are also very paramount to be considered as an active member of this group. Irrelevances are not accommodated in this group. Failure to adhere will lead to warning, suspension or removal of the erring member.

The members and target members in this group are people with the following qualification(s): FCA, PROFESSOR, ACA, PHD, MSC, BSC, HND, AAT, ND, and other related certification(s) in the field of Accounting. Furthermore, If you are strongly convinced of any personality that can be in consistency with the group's value, please feel free to recommend.

Finally, due to the encompassing nature of the group, it is important everyone exhibits a great level of professionalism, accuracy and integrity.

Together we are professionals.

To join the group, copy and paste the link on your browser and make sure you remove the space between '.' and 'com'

chat.whatsapp. com/3APxrxaIGOV2qtLyC0cWIf
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Ugosample(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by osagie80: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
can you help me with your study pack for FR
Youngdream1:
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by osagie80: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
Can anyone help me with FR study pack

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (64) (Reply)

Careers In Public Health / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.