Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) - Career (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) (134772 Views)

ICAN November 2018 Results (let's Meet Here) / May 2017 Salary / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Dheliozy(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2017
mandonnels:

how do I download from YouTube?
Copy the YouTube link and paste it in this site http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/
Do the rest
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by mandonnels(m): 6:52am On Jul 16, 2017
Dheliozy:

Copy the YouTube link and paste it in this site http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/
Do the rest
Thanks

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by behati: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2017
ABDamola:

I got 68 in case study....made u of ICAEW format.. .And it tink it reali helped me...

From the title, to d disclaimer, to d executive summary( wich encompass all d requirements). ..

To d structure of the sections and sub sections.. ..

Not only this though, good understanding of all d requirements r important(this year case scenario was simple and straight though)...
I agree!!! I only studied case study a night before the exam mainly using google search and I came across the ICAEW format, it was very helpful. I structured my report exactly the same way and I passed. Also, not to discredit anyone's hustle, there's a certain blog that claims to have the solutions to ICAN case study questions, be very careful as I found out their report structure and format was very wrong. In their solution, they had a section for professional scepticism, but the ICAN case study guide clearly stated not to have a heading called professional scepticism, you only demonstrate it in the context of your report.
Congrats to everyone that passed their papers and to others still writing, don't give up. I passed all my ICAN papers at one sitting , no tutorial centre, full time job, non accounting graduate. Its very achievable!!

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by behati: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2017
Darhny:
For those of you that passed Sfm and Corporate Reporting, please how did you prepare? I seriously need tips especially for sfm.
For SFM and CR, ACCA plus ICAN study text, plus pathfinders. For CR and FR, I also used a text book on group accounts by Cosmos, not sure of the full name now. That book was everything!!!
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Bankole1790: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2017
It's like everybody qualified except me.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by haibe(m): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2017
Because of my passion for corporate finance, i have decided to create a whatsapp group on SFM.. It will be more of a question and answer group where you post about any difficulty you may be having in SFM, and myself and other group members will do our best to answer. Trust me this group will be worth a lot to you..

If you are interested, send me a PM so i can add you to the group. I believe by God's grace, everyone on this group will pass SFM November 2017 Diet.. This should not stop you from taking your normal lectures in a physical location as this group will be more of a support rather than a full time companion due to workloads and all..

Kindly notify your friends and colleagues to be part of this. Access to the group is completely free for the November diet. Helpful materials will also be shared where necessary to aid understanding.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2017
Congratulations To The Recent ACA Holders In Town. Please, What Topics Will You Guys Recomend For Those Of Us That Just Qualified To Professional Level To Focuss On With Regards To ATAX, AAA, SFM, CR And CS? And Which ATax And SFM Text Books Will You Guys Recommend For Us As Well. Thanks In Anticipation.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Detumi: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2017
I want to write three papers out of five at the professional level this November 2017 diet. Please advise me on which combination will be the best .Thanks
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 16, 2017
haibe:
Because of my passion for corporate finance, i have decided to create a whatsapp group on SFM.. It will be more of a question and answer group where you post about any difficulty you may be having in SFM, and myself and other group members will do our best to answer. Trust me this group will be worth a lot to you..

If you are interested, send me a PM so i can add you to the group. I believe by God's grace, everyone on this group will pass SFM November 2017 Diet.. This should not stop you from taking your normal lectures in a physical location as this group will be more of a support rather than a full time companion due to workloads and all..

Kindly notify your friends and colleagues to be part of this. Access to the group is completely free for the November diet. Helpful materials will also be shared where necessary to aid understanding.

Thanks.

How do we join the group.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by haibe(m): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
optimusmind:

How do we join the group.

Send me a PM of ur number if u dnt wanna drop it here.. or check the pic on my profile for the direct link to join or send me a message to my whatsapp.. its in the post
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by FairValue(m): 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
Detumi:
I want to write three papers out of five at the professional level this November 2017 diet. Please advise me on which combination will be the best .Thanks
CR, A.AUDIT & A.TAX.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
haibe:

Send me a PM of ur number if u dnt wanna drop it here.. or check the pic on my profile for the direct link to join or send me a message to my whatsapp.. its in the post

Okay, I'd do that. I'd also suggest you put your number in your signature as well for easier contact
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Freeicanmaterial: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
behati:
I agree!!! I only studied case study a night before the exam mainly using google search and I came across the ICAEW format, it was very helpful. I structured my report exactly the same way and I passed. Also, not to discredit anyone's hustle, there's a certain blog that claims to have the solutions to ICAN case study questions, be very careful as I found out their report structure and format was very wrong. In their solution, they had a section for professional scepticism, but the ICAN case study guide clearly stated not to have a heading called professional scepticism, you only demonstrate it in the context of your report.
Congrats to everyone that passed their papers and to others still writing, don't give up. I passed all my ICAN papers at one sitting , no tutorial centre, full time job, non accounting graduate. Its very achievable!!
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Freeicanmaterial: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
behati:

You are referring to my blog. The Case Study is marked on a point-by-by basis. Therefore, there is a bit of flexibility regarding the headings. Only the heading for conclusion is compulsory. I clearly explained this in the supporting materials.

I think a Chartered Accountant needs to verify all facts before making such a statement which is honestly very careless and disrespectful.

So many people only used my materials and they were successful with some scoring marks as high as 70.

There are differences between ICAEW's Case Study and ICAN's Case Study. For example, an executive summary is needed in ICAEW's CS while it's not needed for ICAN's CS. Therefore, one would be wasting his time including it in ICAN's own. I explained this in the supporting materials.

All in All, by stating that my solution were "very wrong" you did not exercise due care because you don't have solid evidence. A Professional Accountant needs that in addition to passing his exams.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by afuye(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
I used it a week before exam and I passed
behati:
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by afuye(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by behati: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Freeicanmaterial:

You are referring to my blog. The Case Study is marked on a point-by-by basis. Therefore, there is a bit of flexibility regarding the headings. Only the heading for conclusion is compulsory. I clearly explained this in the supporting materials.

I think a Chartered Accountant needs to verify all facts before making such a statement which is honestly very careless and disrespectful.

So many people only used my materials and they were successful with some scoring marks as high as 70.

There are differences between ICAEW's Case Study and ICAN's Case Study. For example, an executive summary is needed in ICAEW's CS while it's not needed for ICAN's CS. Therefore, one would be wasting his time including it in ICAN's own. I explained this in the supporting materials.

All in All, by stating that my solution were "very wrong" you did not exercise due care because you don't have solid evidence. A Professional Accountant needs that in addition to passing his exams.

Truth is no one can claim to have the actual template or structure for the case study, we can only use them as guides. I stated that it was wrong because the ICAN pack/guide for case study stated in clear terms not to have a heading for professional skepticism, you only need to demonstrate it! I personally would consider what's stated in the pack first before any other material.

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Fumfek: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
OlalekanEdun:
Hi guys,
This week makes it the fourth week after the MAY 2017 ICAN examination. Let us come together and share our view.
Thanks

Ok
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Shegofams(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
YoungDenzel:
just go to YouTube and search for P4, P2,F9 lectures by London school of business and finance (LSBF) I used the video lectures and i can recommend it for anyone

Thanks
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by mandonnels(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
afuye:
http://www.accalsbfvideos.com/
d size is very large. guess its a video?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by afuye(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
u can get pdf books there too for kaplan and bpp
mandonnels:

d size is very large.
guess its a video?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by YoungDenzel(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
mandonnels:

how do I download from YouTube?
Just message me on WhatsApp I'll show you how
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by YoungDenzel(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
mandonnels:

ho
w do I download from YouTube?
Just message me on WhatsApp I'll show you how 07069493733
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Inexhaustible(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2017
Darhny:
For those of you that passed Sfm and Corporate Reporting, please how did you prepare? I seriously need tips especially for sfm.
for CR, get Teach yourself group accounting, and teach yourself IFRS with Pathfinder. As per SFM, I used my study centre note and pathfinder. Practice as many question as possible in the pathfinder, success await you
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Freeicanmaterial: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
behati:

Truth is no one can claim to have the actual template or structure for the case study, we can only use them as guides. I stated that it was wrong because the ICAN pack/guide for case study stated in clear terms not to have a heading for professional skepticism, you only need to demonstrate it! I personally would consider what's stated in the pack first before any other material.

When did I claim to have the actual structure? I use the marking guides in the pathfinders. In all marking guides, it is expressly stated that the conclusion section should have headings. For other boxes/headings, it isn't.You can confirm this. Also, I stated that an executive summary isn't required because it is not on the marking guide.

For the professional skepticism, I can concede your point. However, that doesn't mean my report struture is "very wrong" because if it were, so many people who used my materials wouldn't have performed well. I don't mind you disagreeing with me, but, there is a way to disagree. Remember that I offer these materials for free to help ICAN students.

I think we should agree to disagree.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by vincent2uk: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2017
Freeicanmaterial:

p

Pls kindly help me with the link. CS is becoming a major issue for me. God Bless you.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by shrimati(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2017
behati:

You are right bro, you only demonstrate professional scepticism not by spelling it out
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Freeicanmaterial: 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
vincent2uk:
p

Pls kindly help me with the link. CS is becoming a major issue for me. God Bless you.

Here it is-http://freeicanmaterials..com.ng

In addition to full solutions, there are explanatory materials and audio lectures. You
can also say hi to me on Whatsapp- 07083731734.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by vincent2uk: 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
Freeicanmaterial:

Here it is-http://freeicanmaterials..com.ng

In addition to full solutions, there are explanatory materials and audio lectures. You
can also say hi to me on Whatsapp- 07083731734.

Hitting u up ASAP. Appreciate
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Freeicanmaterial:

FREE ICAN MATERIAL need recommendation, i use your site to prepare after case study stopped me from qualifying in november 2016, i was frustrated that of the 5 papers i took in professional, case study i look down on as cheapest dissapointed me . in this may diet despite i didn't do requirement 2 properly, i use just 5mins to do requirement 2 report i ran out of time. i thought i have failed case study again.but i passed i got 66. kudos to FREEICAN MATERIALS.

3 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by osenidvdg(m): 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=Detumi post=58509224]I want to write three papers out of five at the professional level this November 2017 diet. Please advise me on which combination will be the best .Thanks[/quote

I started Ican from ATS and qualified now. As for combo in final stage take CR ,CS AND ATAX only if u are able or SFM,AAA

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (64) (Reply)

Careers In Public Health / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.