Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Remembering Mko Abiola And The Democratic Robbery Of June 12, 1993. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remembering Mko Abiola And The Democratic Robbery Of June 12, 1993. (375 Views)

Throwback Photo Of MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In Secondary School / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Mko Abiola And The Democratic Robbery Of June 12, 1993. by Apostlevincent(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Today is June 12.

I dedicate #today to our democratic history in Nigeria.

Honestly, I strongly feel #today should be the ideal day to celebrate our nation's democracy.

I join many young Nigerians to celebrate the birth of our nation's recent democracy #today.

I equally wish to remember the hero of our democracy late Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola who died, alongside his vibrant wife Kudirat, in the defence of our democracy under the militocracy of General Babagida, may the duo continue to rest in peace.

#Today, I remember the other martyrs of our democracy right from independence till date and strongly pray that our democracy continue to grow productively.

#Today, I condemn every past military regime in Nigeria and condemn the roles played by Gen. Babangida. I wish to strongly recommend that people like Babangida should be tried for genocide and state-sponsored crimes against humanity.

#Today, I wish to demand on behalf of over 50million Nigerian Students an open apology to the Nigerian public from General Babangida for truncating the process of our nation's Democracy.

As a growing student of a reformed radical school of leadership , I would have wanted the leadership of students in Nigeria under NANS to organise a March in honour of MKO and in remembrance of June 12 #today. I would have wanted my school's SUG organise a lecture or seminar on the rues and gains of our democracy on a day like #today, may be I forgot to inform them on time but this is my promise, that if God could answer my prayers on EKSUSU MOUTHPIECE AGENDA, a day like #today in 2018 and after will not passby without a symbolic and special student's-oriented event(March, Seminar or Lecture) to ponder, reflect and reawaken students consciousness especially on the nitty-gritty of governance and democratic practices in Nigeria. SO HELP ME GOD

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

God bless Ekiti State University SUG

Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta

Signed:

Omorilewa Tomilola Vincent pka Apostle Tomi
+2347068018825

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Into Law / By-election: APC Disqualifies Aregbesola’s Aide, Clears Adeleke’s Brother For Pr / Breaking---- Saraki Wins Case At Code Of Conduct Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.