Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers (2011 Views)

How Some Ladies Attract Spirit Husbands / Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by TINAOGE: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2010
I have been married for more than eight years. My husband does a lot of things that each time I think of them I will just be unhappy with him. One pastor was preaching one day, she said that if a wife is not happy with the husband it can hinder the husband's prayer and that husbands should try and make their wives happy all the times so that they will not be hindrance to their prayers.

Please can someone give me the quotation where I can see it in the bible because I want to read it to my husband and see if it can change his attitude towards me.

Thank you.
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by hakon: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2010
getting that quotation might not be the answer . the truth s just that in general both parties has to make each other happy. and remember that no one is perfect. if you look for those things that he does that makes you feel bad you will see a million of them. also if you look for those ones that he does that makes you happy. you will see more than a million of them. in my own opinion chose the second one and be happy.
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by hbabe(f): 11:50am On Jan 22, 2010
1 peter 3 vs 7: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

But quoting this to him is not enough, you need to also read the qualities expected to be exhibited by those in love in 1 corinthians 13. I will advise you to concentrate on building these qualities in your life and they will reflect on your husband's attitude.
Finally, remember that when you show a man (husband) real and true love he will be a putty in your hands and will go extra miles to make you happy. All the best.
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by Moyola(f): 11:53am On Jan 22, 2010
hbabe:

1 peter 3 vs 7: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

But quoting this to him is not enough, you need to also read the qualities expected to be exhibited by those in love in 1 corinthians 13. I will advise you to concentrate on building these qualities in your life and they will reflect on your husband's attitude.
Finally, remember that when you show a man (husband) real and true love he will be a putty in your hands and will go extra miles to make you happy. All the best.

cool
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by TINAOGE: 8:48am On Jan 25, 2010
@Hakon and hbabe thank be to both of you for your contributions and the quotation. God bless you. I believe God will touch his heart and give me the right attitude to follow him and be happy.
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2010
TINAOGE:

My husband does a lot of things that each time I think of them I will just be unhappy with him.

@TINAOGE
Have you checked to see whether you are dealing with A CLASH OF TEMPERAMENTS here or a class of PERSONALITY TYPES

Also see => http://www.4marks.com/temperaments/introduction/faqs.html
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by Abeem(m): 2:08am On Jan 26, 2010
I don't believe in the bible and I am not going to bother you looking for quotations to support the important question you raised. However, I am going to leave you with the following exerpt from a book that I believe is the answer to the question. I leave you to make a judgment call as to whether you want to dismiss the intelligent write-up or believe in the rote application of what some religious wiseacre wrote more than a millelium years ago that might not bring succour to the problem.
I am going to post the excerpts in bits so as not to overwhelm you. Ist excerpt:
Love is, without question, life's greatest experience. It brings one into communion with Infinite Intelligence. When mixed with the emotions of romance and sex, it may lead one far up the ladder of creative effort. The emotions of love, sex, and romance, are sides of the eternal triangle of achievement-building genius. Nature creates genii through no other force. Love is an emotion with many sides, shades, and colors. The love which one feels for parents, or children is quite different from that which one feels for one's sweetheart. The one is mixed with the emotion of sex, while the other is not.
The love which one feels in true friendship is not the same as that felt for one's sweetheart, parents, or children, but it, too, is a form of love.
Then, there is the emotion of love for things inanimate, such as the love of Nature's handiwork. But the most intense and burning of all these various
kinds of love, is that experienced in the blending of the emotions of love and sex. Marriages, not blessed with the eternal affinity of love, properly
balanced and proportioned, with sex, cannot be happy ones— and seldom endure. Love, alone, will not bring happiness in marriage, nor will sex alone.
When these two beautiful emotions are blended, marriage may bring about a state of mind, closest to the spiritual that one may ever know on this earthly plane. When the emotion of romance is added to those of love and sex, the obstructions between the finite mind of man and Infinite Intelligence are removed.
Then a genius has been born!
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by Abeem(m): 2:14am On Jan 26, 2010
Second excerpt:
What a different story is this, than those usually associated with the emotion of sex. Here is an interpretation of the emotion which lifts it out of the commonplace, and makes of it potter's clay in the hands of God, from which He fashions all that is beautiful and inspiring. It is an interpretation which would, when properly understood, bring harmony out of the chaos which exists in too many marriages. The disharmonies often expressed in the form of nagging, may usually be traced to lack of knowledge on the subject of sex. Where love, romance and the proper understanding of the emotion and function of sex abide, there is no disharmony between married people.
Fortunate is the husband whose wife understands the true relationship between the emotions of love, sex, and romance. When motivated by this
holy triumvirate, no form of labor is burdensome, because even the most lowly form of effort takes on the nature of a labor of love.
It is a very old saying that "a man's wife may either make him or break him," but the reason is not always understood. The "making" and "breaking" is the result of the wife's understanding, or lack of understanding of the emotions of love, sex, and romance.
Despite the fact that men are polygamous, by the very nature of their biological inheritance, it is true that no woman has as great an influence on a
man as his wife, unless he is married to a woman totally unsuited to his nature. If a woman permits her husband to lose interest in her, and become
more interested in other women, it is usually because of her ignorance, or indifference toward the subjects of sex, love, and romance. This statement presupposes, of course, that genuine love once existed between a man and his wife. The facts are equally applicable to a man who permits his wife's interest in him to die.
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by Abeem(m): 2:18am On Jan 26, 2010
Third and final posting:
Man's nature has not changed in this respect. The "hunter" of today brings home no skins of wild animals, but he indicates his desire for her favor by supplying fine clothes, motor cars, and wealth. Man has the same desire to please woman that he had before the dawn of civilization. The only thing that has changed, is his method of pleasing. Men who accumulate large fortunes, and attain to great heights of power and fame, do so, mainly, to satisfy their desire to please women.
Take women out of their lives, and great wealth would be useless to most men. It is this inherent desire of man to please woman, which gives woman the power to make or break a man. The woman who understands man's nature and tactfully caters to it, need have no fear of competition from other women. Men may be "giants" with indomitable will-power when dealing with other men, but they are easily
managed by the women of their choice. Most men will not admit that they are easily influenced by the women they prefer, because it is in the nature of the male to want to be recognized as the stronger of the species. Moreover, the intelligent woman recognizes this "manly trait" and very wisely makes no issue of it.
Some men know that they are being influenced by the women of their choice—their wives, sweethearts, mothers or sisters—but they tactfully
refrain from rebelling against the influence because they are intelligent enough to know that NO MAN IS HAPPY OR COMPLETE WITHOUT
THE MODIFYING INFLUENCE OF THE RIGHT WOMAN. The man who does not recognize this important truth deprives himself of the power which
has done more to help men achieve success than all other forces combined.
Hope this helps.
Re: Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers by mamagee3(f): 2:19am On Jan 26, 2010
Just tell your husband to stop all those things that make you angry.

(1) (Reply)

Illiminati's Mind Control Tool For End-time Mass Deception / Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? / Why Do Men Of God Hide Their Sicknesses &/ Seek Medical Treatment In Secrecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.