Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha (32558 Views)

Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha / Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha / My Certificates, Credentials Are With Military - Hamza Al-Mustapha Tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by ALOWONLE419(m): 1:19am On Jun 13, 2017
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha(rtd), ex-Chief Security Officer (CSO) to late Military head of State, General Sani Abacha has alleged that Yoruba Leaders, led by Chief Ayo Opadokun collected bribe from the killers of the late acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola in Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

According to Al-Mustapha who spoke in Kaduna State on Monday after a meeting to broker peace between the North and South-Eastern part of country over the quit notice issued to Igbos by Arewa Coalition groups, Opadokun led others to the villa to meet Abiola’s killers, but came out laughing after receiving dollars, just a day after their leader (MKO) was killed.

He said he had a video tape how Opadokun and others collected bribe over Abiola’s death said, saying that he had since submitted a copy to a Lagos High Court, presided over by Justice Mojisola Dada.

“Chief Opadokun is someone I respect so much as an elder. But what came out in the newspaper is his own imagination and falsehood against me. If you know my character, you will know that I will not be scared to say the truth, it doesn’t matter who, it does not matter where, but you will later realise that I told you the truth. I initially didn’t want to reply him, but now that you have asked, I will tell you what happened."

“When Abiola died, a day after, he (Opadokun) was invited to the Presidency, and he came to the villa alongside his friends. He came with anger into the villa. Those who killed Abiola invited him to the villa. At that material time, they came to fight the government, they wanted to set the country ablaze, considering the tone they came with.

They went into the meeting, they came out laughing, yelling and gearing as if nothing happened in the country.

A day after Abiola’s death if you remember, the country was on the verge of collapse. But seeing what was going on and the things around Abiola led me to suspect them, I had not handed over the villa to Abdulsalami

Abubakar government then, so I decide to video-tape what they were doing and I have the tape and I have tendered the tape before a court of law, before Justice Mojisola Dada of the Lagos High Court,” he stated.

Al-Mustapha added that in the tape, money exchanged hands and that they traded with Abiola and “that is my anger. The tape is in that court, anybody that wants to watch it can get it and watch, it is now a public document. I didn’t want to talk about it before, but money was brought from CBN in my presence and it was shared.

So, if I talk about Abiola’s well being and safety, and that of his family, I am telling Nigerians what really happened. Why should a person from the same South West, who is supposed to protect Abiola’s interest, now be seen to be angry with me? He should be happy with for saying the fact, so that it will not happen again in Nigeria.

“Now, they have forgotten about Abiola but the moment I talk, they will come to the pages of newspapers and start insulting me, I didn’t want to respond to them, but since you have asked, I have to say this. All they have done is that they took money and the moment you talk about Abiola, you become their enemies and they will abuse you in the papers, that is what they are doing to me, but I don’t care,” he added.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/12/opadokun-yoruba-leaders-collected-dollars-abiolas-killers-al-mustapha/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:47am On Jun 13, 2017
BACKSTABBERS PERSONIFIED....
let me save this for future referrals...

226 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 13, 2017
This is quite interesting. Kindly upload your video on youtube and let the whole world see.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by sarrki(m): 2:05am On Jun 13, 2017
Same freedom fighter leader's

I trust Nobody now aside Mr president and Prof Yemi Osinbajo

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by booblacain(m): 2:12am On Jun 13, 2017
sarrki:
Same freedom fighter leader's

I trust Nobody now aside Mr president and Prof Yemi Osinbajo

Not even Tinubu?

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by GasAndOilTheory(m): 2:30am On Jun 13, 2017
ALOWONLE419:

According to Al-Mustapha who spoke in Kaduna State on Monday after a meeting to broker peace between the North and South-Eastern part of country over the quit notice issued to Igbos by Arewa Coalition groups,
Al-Mustapha was arrested and held in Kirikiri as far back as 1998. (19 years ago )
He had to wait till 2017 to tell Igbo's that he had a Video tape that could have vindicated him of murder... Lol kirikir must be a 5 star hotel

262 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by Guestlander: 3:11am On Jun 13, 2017
Seems Al Mustafa had murdered sleep and Abiola has completely taken over his life.
Was he expecting the igbo people to exonerate him?

35 Likes

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by morbeta(m): 3:30am On Jun 13, 2017
I like this man, what a CSO.....he saw tomorrow. let the people he mentioned come out and defend this claim....we are waiting.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by afonjadie: 3:35am On Jun 13, 2017
Why have this thread not made it to front page. grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by jpphilips(m): 3:35am On Jun 13, 2017
GasAndOilTheory:

Al-Mustapha was arrested and held in Kirikiri as far back as 1998. (19 years ago )
He had to wait till 2017 to tell Igbo's that he had a Video tape that could have vindicated him of murder... Lol kirikir must be a 5 star hotel

Is this how your brain processed the information Al Mustafa released?

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by baby124: 3:37am On Jun 13, 2017
Did Al Mustapha not kill Abiola and his wife? Made their children orphans? It seems the blood of Abiola is pursuing him as he cannot stop recounting his experience. Like he is trying to convince everyone so much that he did not kill Abiola. You are lucky Abiola's kids are cool people. Some people would have found you and cut you up in pieces forcing your children to eat your meat.

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by seunmsg(m): 4:09am On Jun 13, 2017
This story will be more credible if Al-Mustapha can make a copy of the video clip public. All the same, Oyedokun and other discredited Afenifere leaders no longer represents the interest of the Yoruba race.

11 Likes

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by doublewisdom: 4:13am On Jun 13, 2017
So it's true Abiola's own people betrayed him for a couple of dollars. So what's the pretence of public holidays and naming public places after him? I fear Nigeria.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by Justuceleague2: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2017
I expect the 1994 kids to come and pass judgement on Yoruba nation here but as any sensible person can see this is accusation and counter accusation

That's all I'll say, heading off to another thread to disgust liepods the way they have disgusted me with their stupid comments

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by Philistine(m): 7:20am On Jun 13, 2017
Not surprised. All those Afenifere guys are very useless. They are only after their stomach, they harass every government claiming to be representing the Yoruba nation.Very useless and pathetic people. They have brought shame and dishonour to Yoruba's!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by personal59: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2017
hmmmm aiye le

as aiyekoto says: Visit any prison in Nigeria, you will see muslims, christians, yoruba, hausa, igbo, men, women, tall, short. Wickedness is an habit not a tribe.
this is for those claiming is better to b a snake Dan afonja .......

may God save us form betrayers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by dealslip(f): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2017
Let him bring out the tape. Same divide and rule tactics

4 Likes

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by ERockson: 7:47am On Jun 13, 2017
Nobody goes to Aso rock and come back empty handed most especially when you are invited by the president, They give transport fare in dollars like the one given by GEJ to Bakere and was rejected. So, this killer should keep shut

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 13, 2017
what do you expect from politicians ? I dislike them so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes / Photos: Buratai Takes Breakfast With 112 Task Force Battalion After Victory!! / "See As This Economy Don Spoil Our Nigerian Jollof" Nigerian Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.