Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,364 members, 7,846,570 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? (1048 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President / Ag President Osinbanjo In Daura, Katsina State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2017
According to a press release by Garba SSA to President Buhari that the incapacitated President has directed Acting President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to sign the 2017 Appropriation Bill; this was done yesterday.
My own take is that having transferred power to the Acting President based on 1999 Constitution, does PMB still have to dictate to Acting President what to do?
How much does Acting President have?
Please it is time we start asking questions, especially the Youth. What form of constitution are we practising?
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by edo3(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2017
And Nigeria Youth bodies are celebrating mediocrity....
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by mekaboy(m): 8:09am On Jun 13, 2017
Shey he said he is treated like a son. He will wait for the fathers instructions.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:23am On Jun 13, 2017
mekaboy:
Shey he said he is treated like a son. He will wait for the fathers instructions.

You can make someone laugh; imaging he is a Professor of Law
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2017
PRESIDENT BUHARI BACKS ACTING PRESIDENT TO SIGN 2017 BUDGET BILL

Following the receipt of a full brief on the 2017 Appropriation Bill as passed by the National Assembly, and to buttress the unity at the highest level of government, President Muhammadu Buhari has indicated that it is in the interest of the nation's economy for the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, to sign the Appropriation Bill into law.

In a letter dated June 10, 2017, which he personally signed and addressed to the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, the President also said he was "pleased by the joint resolution that the Executive would submit next year's budget proposals by October 2017 and the National Assembly will conclude the Appropriation process by December 2017, so that the country can return to a normal fiscal period from next year onwards."

GARBA SHEHU
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)

See Garba Shehu' s letter above.
It is nothing but mockery of our Democracy, where unelected will be Lording over us.
Our mumu never do, if it has we will ask for the pictures and video of PMB
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by dhestiney(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
I think The ag. President has all the powers a normal substantive Nigerian President can have, including the power to sign the budget. But as expected he will always want to have the approval of the president because of the importance attached to the issue and cordial relationship that exists between both of them. He just wants to make sure he carries his boss along in the scheme of things that's y he will always seek the opinion of his boss b4 he takes any major step. The truth is the ag. President can decide to sign the budget even when the president says no, because the ag. President has the powers to. The law does not says he needs the president's approval for anything, such action is simply backed by moral persuasion.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
dhestiney:
I think The ag. President has all the powers a normal substantive Nigerian President can have, including the power to sign the budget. But as expected he will always want to have the approval of the president because of the importance attached to the issue and cordial relationship that exists between both of them. He just wants to make sure he carries his boss along in the scheme of things that's y he will always seek the opinion of his boss b4 he takes any major step. The truth is the ag. President can decide to sign the budget even when the president says no, because the ag. President has the powers to. The law does not says he needs the president's approval for anything, such action is simply backed by moral persuasion.

Nigeria is running on remote control from London, long and short!

When last did Garba Sheu saw PMB last?
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by orunto27: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
He has The Full Constitutional Powers of Mr. President.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
orunto27:
He has The Full Constitutional Powers of Mr. President.

He still needed Garba Sheu's letter to officially signed. Can someone who is sick still be running a nation from the sick bay.
Youth Ero inu!
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by orunto27: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
He is simply tendering Justice with Mercy.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by orunto27: 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Patience my Child.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
orunto27:
Patience my Child.

The same cabal that destroyed Yardua are still in place, almost same set of people.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by orunto27: 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
This is PYO not GEJ.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by OVI75(m): 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
Very Salient Questions, Its Baffles A Keen Observer
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by azimibraun: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
Only a child would ask this kind of questions? Uptil this moment you are still on the powers of the Acting President and coordinator of the Economy? Your childishness is legendary. A document has been signed and Men have moved on. We are now focused on implementation of this budget. Don't take us aback child.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
azimibraun:
Only a child would ask this kind of questions? Uptil this moment you are still on the powers of the Acting President and coordinator of the Economy? Your childishness is legendary. A document has been signed and Men have moved on. We are now focused on implementation of this budget. Don't take us aback child.

Thanks for being an adult who can't reason through.
If he has all the power, why does someone need to issue a letter to Minister of Budget and Planning. Did you see the copy of addressed letter. If there was a letter, why not addressed to Acting President? We never learn from history.
Great mind searches all things; small mind see nothing wrong with anything.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
OVI75:
Very Salient Questions, Its Baffles A Keen Observer

Na so my brother; but kids will not see anything wrong with the act.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by kenny987(f): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nope! He's got diddly-squat powers..just an unfortunate son whose father will not let him be independent.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by bomadu(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass Calabar Contractor Not Paid!!!!

Even if he doesnt come back, i'm sure Oshinbajo can handle it. Look at him visiting Calabar, even though the Calabar government has not paid this contractor.
https://www.nairaland.com/3859414/goodluck-ebele-jonathan-bypass-calabar
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
bomadu:
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass Calabar Contractor Not Paid!!!!

Even if he doesnt come back, i'm sure Oshinbajo can handle it. Look at him visiting Calabar, even though the Calabar government has not paid this contractor.
https://www.nairaland.com/3859414/goodluck-ebele-jonathan-bypass-calabar

Yet after 2 years GEJ's name no commot for lips
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
kenny987:
Nope! He's got diddly-squat powers..just an unfortunate son whose father will not let him be independent.

Lol
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2017
azimibraun:

Alagba hope you have read what Sahara Reporters said in the FP about Buhari being incommunicado.
Let reason like men not like kids so that this Great country can move forward.
Left to me that press release by Garba Sheu is un called for and have serious political undertone.
How can you leave your entire kitchen to your cook and still need your permission to cook a cup of rice?
God bless Nigeria and deal with all cabals.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:41am On Jun 14, 2017
azimibraun:

Alagba, please read what Sahara has in the FP, PMB has been incommunicado.
While will PYO still need a press release by Garba Sheu to sign the budget. Let us all act like men not kids to move this great country forward.
Left to me the release by Garba has political undertone.
How can you give the charge of the whole kitchen to your cook, but still need your permission to cook a cup of rice. God will bless Nigeria and deal with all cabals.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nigeria being run by proxy, but one day God that delivered Isreal will help us out.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by DoTheNeedful: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
Omooba77:

Alagba hope you have read what Sahara Reporters said in the FP about Buhari being incommunicado.
Let reason like men not like kids so that this Great country can move forward.
Left to me that press release by Garba Sheu is un called for and have serious political undertone.
How can you leave your entire kitchen to your cook and still need your permission to cook a cup of rice?
God bless Nigeria and deal with all cabals.

I don't know what you aim to achieve with this thread however, is it not clearly stated in this same Sahara news you are alluding to that Osinbajo made his mind to sign the budget? According to the piece, the Ag President sign it at will however, the cabal tried to release a statement through Shehu in order to give the impression that Buhari is in the picture.
Power play around every seat of power is usually intense. I don't want to believe that you expect Osinbajo to be walking and parading himself like a "don" in order to please people like you when the service chiefs are loyal to the man in the hospital. There is more to wisdom than acting up. This thread is unnecessary to me.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
DoTheNeedful:

I don't know what you aim to achieve with this thread however, is it not clearly stated in this same Sahara news you are alluding to that Osinbajo made his mind to sign the budget? According to the piece, the Ag President sign it at will however, the cabal tried to release a statement through Shehu in order to give the impression that Buhari is in the picture.
Power play around every seat of power is usually intense. I don't want to believe that you expect Osinbajo to be walking and parading himself like a "don" in order to please people like you when the service chiefs are loyal to the man in the hospital. There is more to wisdom than acting up. This thread is unnecessary to me.

Keeping quiet will emboldened the criminals more.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by DoTheNeedful: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Omooba77:

Keeping quiet will emboldened the criminals more.

That Osinbajo is not a fool o. He is very smart. I believe he is conducting himself the best way possible given the power play at the centre.
Re: Does Ag President Yemi Osinbajo Have Any Power? by Omooba77: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
DoTheNeedful:

That Osinbajo is not a fool o. He is very smart. I believe he is conducting himself the best way possible given the power play at the centre.

Let's hope so and God bless our great country Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

See Names Of Noisemakers To Be Submitted To The President When He Returns / N4.637 Trillion Power Plants With 6,000mw Capacity Idle / Councillorship Candidate Accused Of Buying Position With N7million (details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.