Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

All About Dreambox Receivers - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Dreambox Receivers (25234 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / High Definition Receivers(hd) / Strong Receivers Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Dreambox Receivers by twinstaiye(m): 11:52am On Jan 22, 2010
@ all members
Pls kindly let us continue discussion about Dreambox Receivers here, so that we wont be littering the FTA thread.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by Chuckdee(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
Good one.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by obnelly: 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
Great,but pls what other packages does thid dream box work with outside hotbirds packages.does it works with nilesat as well.?
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
@microgiant

I have the clone and it works great.
I was prepeared a long time for it's arrival so i have done a lot of research, basically what i am doing now are some hands on training on usage. plus i add to brush up on my basic linux

@skalamanga
mine with shipping to nigeria comes to under 150 dolars for the 500s which is the chepaest. this box is not for those that just wants to plug and play oooo. u need to cherish and care for it. strictly for real sat-enthusiast

@obnelly

yes it works with nilesat with a proper EMU,
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by Dejsam(m): 11:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
obnelly:

Great,but pls what other packages does thid dream box work with outside hotbirds packages.does it works with nilesat as well.?

@obnelly,

Dreambox opens about 58 different providers(note that i mean providers not 58 channels).so u should know what that means.

let me give u the ones at our reach here:

SHOWTIME ARABIA

ALJAZEERA PACKAGE

ART PACKAGE

OTHERS INCLUDES:

NOVA

POLSAT

CYFRA + AND SO  MANY OTHERS DEPENDING ON THE SIZE U HAVE.

in  fact dreambox is all about u having the required dish size to open the package u want.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by lovala(m): 1:57am On Jan 23, 2010
@ Dejsam & Goerge_D
If one gets the Dreambox500S or the HD version of it from an outlet in the States, will it work here in Africa? I’ll like to know if this stb is like or unlike Strong boxes which are fabricated with emphasis for specific regions of the globe
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by microgiant: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2010
@Olofofo

OK

lovala:

@ Dejsam & Goerge_D
If one gets the Dreambox500S or the HD version of it from an outlet in the States, will it work here in Africa? I’ll like to know if this stb is like or unlike Strong boxes which are fabricated with emphasis for specific regions of the globe

Dreamboxes can be used comfortably in nigeria. it was designed by Germans and being manufatured in China. Once i saw a discussion online that dream media cancelled the manufacturing license to the chinco company but they already had all the board diagrams so the continued manufacturing it.

There have been no specific STB manufactured for Africa FTA, apart from the ever common Strong, but rest assured that any STB manufactured for Europe & Middle East will definitely work for Africa.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2010
lovala:

@ Dejsam & Goerge_D

better not buy from the US, always advisable that you buy from Europe because of compatibility with signal type.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2010
@microgiant

abeg help me with those free servers make i play with tonite. thanks
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by microgiant: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2010
@Olofofo

Check your gmail
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2010
@microgiant thanks

things u can do with ur dreambox

here are a couple of things u can do with your dreambox:

1.Easy card sharing via internet
2.Media player
3.Mp3 player
4.Internet browser
5.RSS reader
6.web radio
7.Card data logging
8.programming of smart cards
9.Emulations
10.Games
11.Downloable screen savers
12.Stream media from dreambox and 13.watch on your system
14. stream media from your syste and watch on your dreambox
15.send message to you system
16.control the remote from your system
17.you can telnet into it via the RS232 port or via a lan port
18. tracking mp4/HD signal via your decoder and stream and watch on your PC via VLC.
19.use your hard drive as an PVR device and record everything you want to
20. unbelievable EPG menu
21, you can run linux commans
22, cron scripts to do basic stuff etc

and many more.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2010
here are a couple of things u can do with your dreambox:

1.Easy card sharing via internet
2.Media player
3.Mp3 player
4.Internet browser
5.RSS reader
6.web radio
7.Card data logging
8.programming of smart cards
9.Emulations
10.Games
11.Downloable screen savers
12.Stream media from dreambox and 13.watch on your system
14. stream media from your syste and watch on your dreambox
15.send message to you system
16.control the remote from your system
17.you can telnet into it via the RS232 port or via a lan port
18. tracking mp4/HD signal via your decoder and stream and watch on your PC via VLC.
19.use your hard drive as an PVR device and record everything you want to
20. unbelievable EPG menu
21, you can run linux commans
22, cron scripts to do basic stuff etc

and many more.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by emeystan(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2010
Where can i get it
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by twinskenny(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2010
@olofofo how much is this in Naira please??
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2010
@all

what i have is the cheapest DM500S and everything including delivery by DHL comes to under $150 dollars. so far it's been worth every penny.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by twinskenny(m): 9:34am On Jan 24, 2010
@ Olofofo thanks for the info
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by twinskenny(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2010
Thanks olofofo u advice that we get this from Europe well i think I will risk getting mine from the state because of the price and mainly because i wont need to pay for shipping my company will bring it down for me, but before i place the order i will confirm from the store if it will work here in Nigeria.

Thanks
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2010
@all

Did some test and found out that my DM500 is actually the original one. am lost for words. the MAC address for an original is suppose to start with the same digits that are available with mine. all originnalss arre suppose to start with 00:09:34:XX:XX:XX as their mac address.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by sathob(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Olofofo apart from the the performance listed above, do u see the box to b of any benefit to the 90cm and 1.8m hobbiest? Does the box have a special card like echo is to abra tnm work with. Where appropriate, pls provide link to the shop u bought ur box from. I have been browsing this link _www.dreaminthebox.com for phones and video accessories, it also has dbox. Pls check and advise. Respec
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ olofofo, why you no complete the mac address? Make i send attack to your box. You dey fear? The box is just $55 on the dreambox website. This is the point where toxnaija will be of usefulness to the thread guys. We'd contact him if we need any help.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2010
sathob:

@Olofofo  apart from the the performance listed above, do u see the box to b of any benefit to the 90cm and 1.8m hobbiest? Does the box have a special card like echo is to abra tnm work with. Where appropriate, pls provide link to the shop u bought your box from. I have been browsing this link _www.dreaminthebox.com for phones and video accessories, it also has dbox. Pls check and advise. Respec

that where i bought mine. it has a card slot but core value is the area of card sharing, both locally and on the web plus all the features outlined above.

enitan2002:

@ olofofo, why you no complete the mac address? Make i send attack to your box. You dey fear? The box is just $55 on the dreambox website. This is the point where toxnaija will be of usefulness to the thread guys. We'd contact him if we need any help.

the official website is https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm-500 
abeg where u see $51 dollars there, maybe i can order more.

here is a link to their retailers in Europe:

https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/retailer_overview?field_region_value_many_to_one=Europe&field_country_value_many_to_one=All&field_city_value=&field_zip_value=&title=

and the price is from €160 upward.
meanwhile, i dey wait for your attack, i have sent the full mack address to you box.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by sathob(m): 5:51am On Jan 25, 2010
@Olofofo thank u so much for the response
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by microgiant: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2010
olofofo:

@all

Did some test and found out that my DM500 is actually the original one. am lost for words. the MAC address for an original is suppose to start with the same digits that are available with mine. all originnalss arre suppose to start with 00:09:34:XX:XX:XX as their mac address.

Oga, please don't be decieved you cannot buy dreambox at that price
olofofo:

and the price is from €160 upward.
meanwhile, i dey wait for your attack, i have sent the full mack address to you box.

the price of the original hovers around this figure anything less than €100, is fake. Plus "dream media" stopped manufacturing the DM500s a long time ago so originals are not in the market anymore

See this
You have a DB500 clone? Here the solution

The new gemini image checks mac address of your box ,  and if it doesn't start with 00:09:34 your blue panel will be blocked.
So u have to download the below file to your /var/etc and edit that file with an unix editor so the mac address starts with 00:09:34 . Then everything works fine on every clone ,

edit the file after you added it in var/etc and change the MAC adress with 00:09:34 and the values you want.
to find your box MAC check in your router

!!!!! give 755 attributes, reboot and , done

source1 "Eurocardsharing"
source2 "dtv100"
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2010
@microgiant

game on then, I for fear. but the fact that they have stopped making it does not mean that it is no longer available in the market.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by Goldrock(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2010
@Olofofo
I want to know if its better to buy Dreambox 500S Clone or Dreambox 800 HD for a Beginner, Similarly, would one need to learn programming to be able to maximise the Limitless Opportunities this Device offers.
Please i need yr mail address for more insightful Tutelage on this new adventure.(My mail -goldrock125@yahoo.com)
Thanks.
goldrock.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ All,
For those of us who are not so good in installing dishes, the dreambox could be used to find satellites with ease. Just move your dish and the box will find the satellite for you.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2010
Goldrock:

@Olofofo
I want to know if its better to buy Dreambox 500S Clone or Dreambox 800 HD for a Beginner, Similarly, would one need to learn programming to be able to maximise the Limitless Opportunities this Device offers.
Please i need yr mail address for more insightful Tutelage on this new adventure.(My mail -goldrock125@yahoo.com)
Thanks.
goldrock.

if you have the cash, settle for the HD, but the 500 will still do just fine. you can use it as PVR with your PC with a very very interesting and simple configuration. No you do not need to know programming, just be computer literate and be able to use basic tools like FTP, telnet etc. holla at me at olofofo@gmail.com. it's a must have for any hobbyist.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by lovala(m): 1:54am On Jan 29, 2010
@ All,
For those of us who are not so good in installing dishes, the dreambox could be used to find satellites with ease. Just move your dish and the box will find the satellite for you.
@Butoneday,
How is this possible and how does this come about for I don't get it.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by twinskenny(m): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2010
can someone tell us how much is dis dreambox in naira, and where can we get in Nigeria?
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by olofofo(m): 8:13am On Jan 29, 2010
twinskenny:

can someone tell us how much is dis dreambox in naira, and where can we get in Nigeria?

not in naija right now, but i believe soon it might be very available.
lovala:

@Butoneday,
How is this possible and how does this come about for I don't get it.

it has a very sensitive sat finding tuner. a full screen to show you your signal strength/quality.
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by twinskenny(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2010
hope we have it soon
Re: All About Dreambox Receivers by Galantry(m): 11:52am On Feb 07, 2010
Hello Gurus, Pls help me here. I have been trying to set up an FTA system at my work place in Congo (Brazzaville) in the city of Pointe Noire. Will this Dreambox receiver work in Congo? Presently i have a motorised system with TECHNOMATE 3000D receiver and motor, I receive only a few uninteresting channels. Is the problem with the receiver or the location or what? I have links in the UK and can easily get a dreambox receiver sent to me if need be. Thanks guys for your good work at helping one another enjoy the FTA TV world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Your 1.8m Dish To 1.9m / Decorder / Satellite Card Sharing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.