Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,875 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

What Do You Guys Think Of A Vacation Home Rental Website - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Guys Think Of A Vacation Home Rental Website (402 Views)

What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? / Nigerians, Lets Go On A Vacation / My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Think Of A Vacation Home Rental Website by Xperience12: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I and my team are considering working and developing an online portal where people could lodge into people's house for vacation.
AwayandHome is an online marketplace that connects people looking to rent their homes with people who are looking for accommodations. AwayandHome allow people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world.

Our intended users include hosts and travelers: hosts list and rent out their unused spaces (such as Boys Quarter, Extra rooms, Garage, etc), and travelers search for and book these accommodations for holidays and vacations.

Our hosts list their properties - which can be single rooms, a suite of rooms, apartments, moored yachts, houseboats, entire houses or even a castle - on the website. It's free to create a listing, and hosts decide how much to charge per night, per week or per month. Each listing allows hosts to promote properties through titles, descriptions, photographs with captions and a user profile where potential guests can get to know a bit about the hosts.

Travelers (or "guests"wink search the available database of properties by entering details about when and where they'd like to travel. Travelers can further refine searches by making selections for:

Room type - entire place, private room or shared room
Price - range from minimum to maximum
Size - number of bedrooms, bathrooms and/or beds
Amenities - wireless Internet, TV, kitchen, pool, pets, etc.

How it Works

Travelers can search the database of properties at any time, but need to create a profile to book any reservations. Travelers can contact hosts using an online form that appears on each listing page, and can submit a reservation request by clicking the "Book It" button and entering payment details via a secure payment system. Travelers pay a guest service fee of 10-15% on top of the reservation to cover services such as customer support and the Host Guarantee. Our intended system supports several payment methods, including major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Verve) through third-party payment systems like PayStack and Interswitch. Travelers are not charged until the host confirms the reservation.

Once a traveler pays and the host confirms the reservation, We hold the payment for 24 hours after check-in before releasing the funds to the host. Available payout methods and currencies differ by country, but hosts are paid via Direct Deposit, bank transfer/international wire, PayPal, Western Union etc. Airbnb takes a 3% service fee from the host for each reservation to cover the cost of processing the transaction. This fee is in addition to the 10-15% paid for guest service fees.

Advantages

Our proposed website can benefit both hosts and travelers. Hosts get to meet people from around the world while making a little extra money, and travelers can often stay for less than the cost of a hotel room. In addition, many travelers enjoy accommodations that offer a different experience from standard hotels.

Conclusion

Do you guys think it's a project worth embarking on? What problems do you see with this. Kindly expecting reply

CC Lalasticlala please put on front page. I really need advice cause I'm so so confused and would love Nairalanders to assist me in thinking
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of A Vacation Home Rental Website by Ademat7(m): 11:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
it is a nice concept,this topic should be in webmaster or computer section that where tech people reside

(1) (Reply)

I Need Info About Azerbaijan Pls Share What You Know About It / Pakistan Donates Trainer Aircraft To Nigerian Air Force (NAF) / Dana Air Introduces ‘buy Two, Get One Free’ Promo For Owerri Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.