Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill (37154 Views)

N5.8bn Unpaid Allowances: N’assembly’s Legislative Aides Threaten Showdown / Helicopter Loaded With Arms Lands In Taraba Village / Taraba Assembly passes bill against open grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Hectarus(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2017
It’s in ignorance; why ‘ll protesters carry arms?—SPEAKER

By John Mkom

JALINGO—MEMBERS of Taraba State chapter of Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, clad with arms, yesterday, took its protest against the state’s Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranchers Establishment Bill 2017 to the House of Assembly, threatening breakdown of law if the bill is passed.

The anti-open grazing bill was sponsored as an executive bill to the state House of Assembly by Governor Darius Ishaku about a month ago.

The speech of the state’s Chairman of Miyeti Allah, Sahabi Tukur, was read by Alhaji Adamu Azo at the gate of the Taraba State House of Assembly before the Speaker, Peter Diah, and other members of House.

The association described the bill as a move targeted to subdue the Fulani tribe and also to undermine and restrict activities of the Fulani tribe in the state.

The group called on the lawmakers to stop the bill in the collective interest of the people of the state. It also threatened that there would be a breakdown of law and order, should the House pass the bill into law.

While addressing newsmen, the Speaker, Diah, condemned the threats by the Chairman of Miyeti Allah, noting that the association was protesting in ignorance since the issues raised during the protest were accommodated within the proposed bill.

He said the committee set up by the House of Assembly to handle the process of the bill had given three weeks within which to conduct public hearing on the bill before passage, where all issues that appear unclear will be addressed.

He called on Miyeti Allah to compile all areas they are not comfortable with as a memorandum for the public hearing, stressing that the Assembly had given room for groups and individuals to attend the public hearing with their lawyers.

He described the protest as a deliberate move by Miyeti Allah to cause public disorder in the state capital, as the group did not follow due process, which was the reason security did not allow them access into the assembly complex.

He said: “How can you mobilise for protest and you allow your members to carry arms? The Assembly is an organised place and the security will not allow disorder.

“I think that was why they were not allowed access into the complex, but as a leader who was elected by the people, I insisted I will attend to them, even in the midst of their weapons.

… while Tiv leader raises alarm

Meanwhile, President-General of Tiv Cultural and Social Association in Taraba State, Chief Goodman Dahida, yesterday, raised alarm that herdsmen have taken over highways in the state, robbing motorists and passengers.

Dahida, who alleged that he was robbed alongside Senior Special Assistant to Governor Darius Ishaku on Revenue Mobilisation Matters, Jerry Tyolanga, and two others, at Iwari village on Wukari-Jalingo Highway, said the herdsmen had now taken their criminal activities from the farms to the highways, urging the Federal and state governments to step in.

Tyolanga also lamented that the incident almost took the life of a former member of the state House Assembly, Donga Gbashi, who was in a state of shock while the operation lasted.

He said: “They conducted a thorough search of Tyolanga’s car and they took all our monies and other valuables.”

We were so unfortunate to be the first car that ran into them when they blocked the road, just a few kilometres to Iwale from Wukari.

“They asked all of us to lie face down; they were speaking in Hausa and Fulani languages, and their pronunciations were that of enlightened Fulani persons.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/herdsmen-arms-storm-taraba-assembly-threaten-showdown-grazing-prohibition-bill-passed/
Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by francisduru: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2017
God save your people

10 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Hectarus(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2017
francisduru:
God save your people
Amen and this is just the beginning of many revelations that will make many aware of what is really going on.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by DanseMacabre(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2017
No time. Attack is the best form of defence.

ASUU and NLC too should take up arms when next they're embarking on industrial action, to fasttrack the approval of their demands.

25 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by tooth4tooth: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2017
Taraba State chapter of Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, clad with arms

I still have not seen any part of Nigeria constitution that makes it legal for cattle rearer to carry guns. The presidency,the senate ,the police and all the stakeholders involved in maintaining law and order see them and look the other way undecided undecided undecided undecided

They always carry out their activities with the mindset that they are above the law. Look at the the story,protesting in front of State House of Assembly, clad with arms and yet not arrested . What an impunity? SMH

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by joeprince23(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2017
christians and southerners are living under an apartheid regime of fulani including buhari.

what a shame!!!!

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2017
The animals at it again even when their grand patron is caged in London they still feel they own thee land....

This why I support state police armed to the teeth protecting their family land with state govt AK47 and other anti Fulani ammunition.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by EzeUche(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2017
Another thread where hypocritical Nigerians will remain mute, but Igbos are blamed for not respecting their "hosts!"

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Mynd44: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Denko2721987(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2017
Its becoming clearer that we have very very almost untouchable powerful cabal and mafia behind the meat industry funding, arming and giving these herdsmen some sort of boldness that seems to dwarf the powers of the federal government. So my question of the day is who are thees cabals that seem more powerful than the FG that seems so incapacitated and paralyzed in dealing with this persistent fulani herdsmen menace ravaging and threatening the livelihood of the citizens of country.. This should give every Nigerian a reflection into the sort of politically backed dangerous security void threatening us all and like a time-bomb, its ticking to explosion.. Nigeria, hmmmmmmm....

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by CarlosTheJackal: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
The same North the core northerners are claiming as theirs. Thank God the Middle belt are fighting against this fulani domination

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by SHAKABOOM: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
One Nigeria grin but seriously if Nigeria breaks up I pity the minorities over dia..The minorities should betta organize demselves and get ready for break up..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Samunique(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
DanseMacabre:
No time. Attack is the best form of defence.

ASUU and NLC too should take up arms when next they're embarking on industrial action, to fasttrack the approval of their demands.
Are u missing something upstairs undecided

So u do not see their ( Fulani herdsmen ) action as being barbaric and uncivilized

U must belong to the stone age undecided

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by DanseMacabre(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Samunique:
Are u missing something upstairs undecided

So u do not see their ( Fulani herdsmen ) action as being barbaric and uncivilized

U must belong to the stone age undecided

No, you're the unlettered Stone Age Neandarthal who doesn't recognise sarcasm even when it slaps him on his unclothed genitals.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Hectarus(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
DanseMacabre:

No, you're the unlettered Stone Age Neandarthal who doesn't recognise sarcasm even when it slaps him on his unclothed genitals.
Gentlemen!!!!! We are in the midst of a very brewing storm that may consume us all if we fight one another and refuse to come together as one. Now we know who the evil doers are!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Samunique(m): 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Oh !

Sorry bro, thought it was of those senseless posters on NL !!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
Amazing
Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Samunique(m): 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
This can only happen under Buhari !!!

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by walemoney007(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
tooth4tooth:

I still have not seen any part of Nigeria constitution that makes it legal for cattle rearer to carry guns. The presidency,the senate ,the police and all the stakeholders involved in maintaining law and order see them and look the other way undecided undecided undecided undecided

They always carry out their activities with the mindset that they are above the law. Look at the the story,protesting in front of State House of Assembly wielding arms and yet not arrested . What an impunity? SMH
Nigeria is a useless and failed state

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by DanseMacabre(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Samunique:
Oh !

Sorry bro, thought it was of those senseless posters on NL !!!

Sorry too, but you made me waste a fork I was saving for one of those senseless posters too. angry

Peace.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Blue3k(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Now they see why people are banning their lifestyle. Is this a business or cartel with a theme?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
who get moral like me make we kuku ma carry stick, enter government house go demand 4our right and left
OSIBANJO must give me my left and right
government must give me business reserve bill
Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Hectarus(m): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hizzy:
who get moral like me make we kuku ma carry stick, enter government house go demand 4our right and left
OSIBANJO must give me my left and right
government must give me business reserve bill
Lol grin Business reserve bill kwa!!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Hollysaint: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
what do u expect ?When Buhari is president

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Dmano: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
My God,this is bad,i don't have adjectives 2 describes this nonsense.
Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Gayigaskia(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
Oh my god this organized campaing of misinformation to tarnish the image of northerners is getting seriously worst by the day. Mean to tell me no one has a cell phone to take pictures or video of them brandishing arms.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by MrRichmond: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
The animals at it again even when their grand patron is caged in London they still feel they own thee land....

This why I support state police armed to the teeth protecting their family land with state govt AK47 and other anti Fulani ammunition.

I'm in full support of a fully independent state police!
But... anti-fulani ammunition... WTF??

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by MrRichmond: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
Gayigaskia:
Oh my god this organized campaing of misinformation to tarnish the image of northerners is getting seriously worst by the day. Mean to tell me no one has a cell phone to take pictures or video of them brandishing arms.

I don't think your comment is fair to those who have lost their lives to the Fulani menace.
There is no campaign to tarnish the northerners image.
Rather their actions are doing enough damage already
We already know the cow rearers walk around with guns and knives, is it then outside the scope of one's imagination to think they will threaten the Taraba national assembly over a bill they don't like?
We don't need pictures, their previous actions are enough to believe anything right now!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Gayigaskia(m): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
MrRichmond:

I don't think your comment is fair to those who have lost their lives to the Fulani menace.
There is no campaign to tarnish the northerners image.
Rather their actions are doing enough damage already
We already know the cow rearers walk around with guns and knives, is it then outside the scope of one's imagination to think they will threaten the Taraba national assembly over a bill they don't like?
We don't need pictures, their previous actions are enough to believe anything right now!

And to help you furthermore, these people have been armed by Buhari, and they are only grazing their cattle in the south after Buhari gained the presidency.

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by adonis89(m): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
francisduru:
God save your people
diz is d kind of statement dat kept us diz way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hectarus:
Lol grin Business reserve bill kwa!!
I need it badly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) / Soludo: Finally Sanity Restored Back To Onitsha: My Observation Today / Soludo to BAT: SE got Best Ministerial Positions, despite Giving you Least Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.