Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun (2544 Views)

Segun Oni: PDP Will Disgrace APC Out Of Power / 2019: Oyegun In Closed Door Meeting With APC Governors / Vote APC Out In 2019 If .... - Bukola Saraki's Throwback Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by Millz404(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, John Odigie-Oyegun, has warned that Nigerians may vote against the party in 2019.“

We created a machine that has started a significant move in entrenching democracy in this country. What is democracy? It is the ability to hire and fire”, he said.

“It was the first time that Nigerians had the ability of firing and it has become internalised in our political psyche. We know that we should not make the mistakes of the PDP. We too now know that we can be fired and that is democracy”‎, he added.

Oyegun spoke on Tuesday at the APC National Secretariat in Abuja, when he was formally presented with the book “APC: The Making of a Change Agent” written by Special Assistant to the President on Prosecution, Okoi Obono-Obla.

Obono-Obla served as the Secretary of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Alliance/Merger Committee.

Oyegun urged others who “participated intimately” in the formation of the APC to document their record of events for posterity.

“It is important because in a few years, peripheral people like happens today in the case of June 12, sort of claim ownership of an event they know very little about In fact, we encourage all those who participated intimately to document their record of what they think happened”, he said.

“Historians will then later take these slightly different versions considering the perspectives were you were standing to watch the show. And we will eventually have a comprehensive rendition of what happened.“It was the first time a merger of that type had succeeded.

It is the first time people had the intense nationalism to make the degree of sacrifice that was called for in agreeing to a merger.”

Nigerians may vote APC out in 2019

Oyegun however hailed the contributions of chairmen of parties that merged, ex-vice president, Atiku Abubakar, ex-governor of Lagos state, Bola Tinubu and ‘new PDP’ entrants in ensuring victory for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

The ‘new PDP’ members where senators, Reps members, governors under the People’s Democratic Party that defected to the APC after its formation.

“We had three party chairmen, and a lot of other individuals- former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and a few others who participated actively. And we must not forget the role that was played by the new PDP.”

Speaking, Obono-Obla said, “The book tells the story of the APC; How the APC was founded; the intense negotiations; support of the governor; and how the APC dethroned an incumbent government, unprecedented in the history of Nigeria.

“It was necessary for a member of the merger committee to tell the story so that there is no distortion and misrepresentation of facts. This generation and generations to come will read this story and also see how the PDP failed so that the APC will not make the same mistake.

“Because if we make that mistake, the Nigerian people will punish us as they punished the PDP. We should run a democratic party. I am happy that the APC National Chairman is doing his bestand despite all the turbulence, the Party is still one.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/13/nigerians-may-vote-apc-2019-oyegun/?msgfrom=gcm&msgid=1695643200485326848&isforce=0
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by spartan117(m): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
not "may" Nigerians "will" vote apc out in 2019

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by stephleena(f): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
a prophet he is..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by eezeribe(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
No party is actually voted in or out... Just old politicians being recycled across different parties.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by thundafire: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Truly he deserve a bottle of ban gin cs he knws dier own defeat will not have a Jega to assist them
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by BoosBae(f): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
'May'? I laugh grin

Nigerians have already voted APC out. We're just waiting for the so called election 'ceremony'.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
Sarrki no go agree for this one
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by GreatEngineer(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
What the elders see while kneeling down, the young ones can't see while standing up.

Oyegun has spoken, so shall it be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
APC didn't Win the election in 2015.
APC stole victory through the following :
Jega
Heavy rigging in Kano, Bauchi, kaduna, Jigawa katsina and Borno
Kids voters in all core North
Foreigners from Niger, Cameron, Chad, Senegal and Mali
Threats
Bokoharam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by BrutalJab: 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
May or Will be voted out?
lol
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nigerians will vote APC out in 2019...

APDA has come to lead
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
Sarrki no go agree for this one

APC is a total disaster

Aside few of them

Pmb, Osinbajo and ambode
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

APDA has come to lead

Baba we will vote individuals then

Not party
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
sarrki:

APC is a total disaster

Aside few of them

Pmb, Osinbajo and ambode

Buhari has failed us.. .

The best thing to do is to resign and allow a competent man to do the work
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

APDA has come to lead
You and apda self...
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
Reality check
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by three: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
This man is talking about MAY when we don enter 'June'
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
sarrki:

Baba we will vote individuals then
Not party
God bless you for this...

APDA will present credible candidate in the poll

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
You and apda self...
As a youth it is a good platform for you
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Buhari has failed us.. .

The best thing to do is to resign and allow a competent man to do the work

Association of Nigerian farmers and dependants are with baba

I swear let him contest today you will be surprised how baba will thrash any candidate at the poll

Only enemies of the state and ipob miscreants hates him
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by Kyase(m): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
spartan117:
not "may" Nigerians "will" vote apc out in 2019
So you're Nigerian now abi, no biafra ko?
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Amen boss

God bless you too
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
As a youth it is a good platform for you
Let me are their manifesto before I make my decision ....
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by Kyase(m): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
sarrki:

Association of Nigerian farmers and dependants are with baba

I swear let him contest today you will be surprised how baba will thrash any candidate at the poll

Only enemies of the state and ipob miscreants hates him
come 2019 only farmers and federal workers will vote for baba, though everyone now is a farmer

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by Teewhy2: 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Until we appoint a ruler who hasn't been in the political arena before and not more than 50 years old, Nigeria will just be going round in circles while development will be very slow.
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Let me are their manifesto before I make my decision ....
both manifesto and constitution can be found on www.apdanigeria.org
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by Bishop4bella(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Before nko. Do they think we are pleased with this sufferings.
If not that there is no substantive opposition against APC government.
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by bossrillboss: 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

..guy I wan register for dis ur party..ao is d process
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
bossrillboss:
..guy I wan register for dis ur party..ao is d process
www.apdanigeria.com

You may also.PM me
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by IdeyFindWife: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
eezeribe:
No party is actually voted in or out... Just old politicians being recycled across different parties.

the motherfurkers are having a ball, playing dancing chairs at the people's expense.

Their unyielding hold on power at the expense of people's progress, equity, fairness, justice and proper resource control has made Nigeria the zoo that it is today!
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by spartan117(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
Kyase:
So you're Nigerian now abi, no biafra ko?
when did we discuss and I told u I was biafran
Re: Nigerians May Vote APC Out In 2019 – Oyegun by ajepako(f): 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
sarrki:

APC is a total disaster

Aside few of them

Pmb, Osinbajo and ambode

Delete PMB....

Ambode .,,..BRF..... Excellent...

PYO..... trying...

PMB..... neih

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government Can Never Win This Fight Against Nnamdi Kanu...Never! / My Question Is Why Is The North Begging For Nigeria Unity? / Wow!!! Check Out Fabulous Photos From Billionaire, Chima Anyaso's Birthday Bash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.