Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower (15462 Views)

Fire Breaks Out In LASTMA Yard, Guts 11 Impounded Vehicles / Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) / Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi's Nestoil Tower, Lagos (Video And Photo Documentry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by sinorte: 6:28am On Jun 14, 2017
A block of flats in London is on fire, with people reportedly trapped inside.

Forty fire engines and 200 firefighters are battling the blaze at the Lancaster West Estate tower block, a 24-storey building in Latimer Road in White City.

The Metropolitan police were called to the apartment building at 1.15am on Wednesday, and officers and the London Ambulance Service have joined London Fire Brigade at the scene. An evacuation process is underway.

Police said two people were being treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but reports from the scene suggest people are trapped inside their homes. More than 200 people live in the block.

Nick Paget-Brown, the leader of the Kensington and Chelsea council, has spoken on Sky News UK, saying that he was working to establish how many people were in the tower block at the time of the fire.

“Several hundred would have been in there. It’s a question of establishing how many were in there at the time of the fire.”

He said emergency centres had been set up nearby to accommodate people who had been evacuated from their homes. “We’re providing as much support as we can ... it’s quite hard to get accurate and up-to-date information but the council will be doing all that it can to work with residents who have been evacuated.”

Paget-Brown said he had not spoken to residents who had been evacuated, but said were some being treated by emergency services.

“I think at the moment the main priority is to make the building safe and ensure that residents we can evacuate are evacuated.”

He said he did not know whether people were trapped within the building: “That’s a matter for the emergency services.”

Paget-Brown had toured the building last May following a multi-million-dollar refurbishment. “I’m really not in any position to answer any questions about the structure. ... Clearly there’s a lot more work to do to actually evacuate the building and to establish how safe it is.

“This is a very, very, very severe fire.”

He said the tower block was inspected at the time of its renovation last year. “We will have to await the studies as to what the source of this has been.”

Source: The GuardianUK

Mods please help move to the appropriate section.

1 Like

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Jakumo(m): 6:31am On Jun 14, 2017
One can only hope that this fire was not intentionally set by the usual band of virgin hunters.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Ikpewe: 6:32am On Jun 14, 2017
The shall be no death among you.

9 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Jakumo(m): 6:47am On Jun 14, 2017
Ikpewe:

If only wishes and prayers could alter reality. If only.

5 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by DICKtator: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by NwaAmaikpe: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2017
shocked

I am sure it is NEPA that caused it..

The world has not been the same since APC took over leadership

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by pautex: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2017
O Lord please save your children

1 Like

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2017
Wow!! see London , The fire Come make the house look beautiful And outstanding!!! Nice one.. shebi dem think say na for Nigeria terrorism dey, Na only them they supply Us British army to Train our ground forces!!! we will send LASTMA to come and train your Fire service men grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2017
whitle07:
Wow it's was all great and successful yesterday to all our customers that bought the fix game, view your today's won ticket for you delight

21 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by brightology3: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2017
Keep

1 Like

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by unitedsurv: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2017
it was a real wild fire caused by one of the tenant child who's believed to be suffering from pyromania but thank God our building wasn't affected. ....it was one of the biggest fire have ever seen even chopper was sent to evacuate people I pray nothing happens to mrs brian and the Williams cause those are the only good and caring white in that house embarassed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Ginaz(f): 7:35am On Jun 14, 2017
Who saw the light in the building? This is fire ravaging the building o yet there is light.

In Nigeria ordinary thunder, they will take light.

Chaiiiii, don't even mention when there is fire.....for two years the street won't see light.

We have a long way to go.

22 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Chrisozone: 7:36am On Jun 14, 2017
Since buhari dey london only bad news

Smh..... lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by bewla(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2017
Jakumo:
One can only hope that this fire was not intentionally set by the usual band of virgin hunters.
Does the Religious
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by buchilino(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2017
Jakumo:

OH YEA OF LITTLE FAITH.

2 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by buchilino(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2017
Jakumo:

OH YES OF LITTLE FAITH.

1 Like

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by marsoden: 7:38am On Jun 14, 2017
Jeez! That's huge. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hopefully no life was lost.
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by sisisioge: 7:39am On Jun 14, 2017
Oluwao! May God keep everyone in there and the environs safe. It is well.
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 14, 2017
buchilino:

OH YES OF LITTLE FAITH.
this is not faith but hallucinations, no deaths, I hear
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Johnkennie(m): 7:40am On Jun 14, 2017
Ok grin
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Markikus: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2017
Chrisozone:
Since buhari dey london only bad news

Smh..... lipsrsealed

The irony of your joke is you are actually right you know. Since he is been there, they had terror attack twice, then this..

London should keep him.. We don't want him again

7 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by doctimonyeka(m): 7:41am On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I am sure it is NEPA that caused it..

The world has not been the same since APC took over leadership
nepa?? Are you for real dude Where exactly are you from.... Sorry to say but your comments on this forum are quite abysmal and way outta point...

2 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by danemenike: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2017
Fire is dangerous!

1 Like

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by johnstar(m): 7:41am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmm
Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Tapout(m): 7:46am On Jun 14, 2017
this is one big disadvantage of high rise buildings.....

3 Likes

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by pmc01(m): 7:50am On Jun 14, 2017
This Theresa May tenure get as e be sha
unitedsurv:
it was a real wild fire caused by one of the tenant child who's believed to be suffering from pyromania but thank God our building wasn't affected. ....it was one of the biggest fire have ever seen even chopper was sent to evacuate people I pray nothing happens to mrs brian and the Williams cause those are the only good and caring white in that house embarassed

Dear foolish one, do not be eager to always display your sickness to the world. Get well soon.
Jakumo:

1 Like

Re: Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower by Xfemt(m): 7:50am On Jun 14, 2017
Ikpewe:
death na death weda young or old. U die 18 yrs or 200 yrs die na die but wait seun u get mind to ban me cus i was supporting biafra abi, u shud ve jst terminate my acct so i wont cum here again but u c i ll always cum back nd support biafra. Ready to hear frm my lawyers cus i'm suein u 4 30billion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Collection & Various Samples Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile For Your Building / The New Phase Of Brooklyn Court! Price Increases Soonest / CHERRYVILLE GARDENS ESTATE, Alatunse, Lekki (Promo price N1.5Million)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.