Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future (19568 Views)

Facebook To Change The Names Of Instagram And Whatsapp / Top 7 Android Smartphones With The Best Selfie Camera / See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:43am On Jun 14, 2017
The future is seemingly becoming more of a sci-fi movie. Nevertheless, each invention is taking a vital step in shaping our world. In this post I'll be listing out 7 innovations that will ultimately shape and revolutionize the future as we know it.

1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is one of the key innovation that'll change how we use our smartphones and computers. In ATMs of the future, you'll be able to withdraw cash by simply communicating verbally with the machine. Security will be top notch. I'm guessing it's going to be Iris scanning that'll will be the next level of security. Apart from use of A.I in banks it can basically do almost everything for you with IOT (Internet Of Things) .

These IOT devices can indefinitely change your life. You could ask the robots in your home to clean up the house, wash your clothes and do almost everything you request. It's just a matter of time. I do hope the Japanese scientists don't get to finish up the sex-robots else we'll be seeing another sexuality coming up soon - "The Robosexuals". It's weird enough that people are already doing things with animals and people of the same sex now we'll be seeing humans and machines. A.I is quite broad so I can't possibly cover everything under it. Oh well.. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

2. Virtual Reality
Virtual reality is the next big thing. Companies like Samsung, HTC, Sony and Facebook are already competing to be the king of virtual reality in the world. Virtual reality will ultimately change how we watch movies and TV shows. Imagine you're watching a horror movie with a VR headset. I'm pretty sure that the level of horror would be at an almost realistic level unlike when you're just watching it on the TV screen. It'll also change gaming as well. The only thing I'm scared of is that VR maybe used as a weapon of war. You may just buy a war game to play without knowing that your actions are being replicated by a machine in one country. Every person you take down in the game is actually murdered in real life. Hopefully VR won't move towards that direction.

3. Chatbots
Chatbots may be the end of customer care service. These bots are getting quite intelligent and smarter as everyday goes by. I've tried creating a Chatbot and trust me with the available tools, the bot was able to perform specific tasks and respond to certain queries.

Chatbots may replace customer care agents as they would probably be able to respond to queries very quickly without compromise. There'll be nothing like an employee replying badly to you when you call them on phone but this may actually turn out to be one of the worst innovations if it actually replaces humans. Our smartphones are already making us text more and talk less. Chatbots will even make us text more and talk to machines more.

4.Wearables
There are already a couple of wearables in the market and so far they've been nothing less than amazing. There are wearables that let women know when they're going to be pregnant, wearables that help people monitor sleep, wearables that monitor your health status and more. I'd say wearables will impact the health sector more than any other sector of the world.

Ultimately wearables will be able to tell you when it's time to take your drugs and even suggest particular drugs based on the analysis it gets after checking your body condition and status. In terms of security, it may be used to track criminals. I'm already typing like I'm writing a sci-fi movie grin. Let's be real here, if I had told you in 1987 though I wasn't even existing by then.. That there'll be cars that drive themselves, you'll probably suggest that I go to a psychiatrist to get myself checked. So no matter how impossible this seems, it's very possible.

5. Drones

Drones are also one of the new tech trends. In future, Drones might help you cover entire events and programs saving you the cost of calling a photographer or camera man. The major problem with Drones I've seen so far is that the battery's don't last more than a couple of hours but before then I hope it'll be fixed. Drones can also help deliver products effectively. It could be delivering blood samples to doctors or even delivering products you ordered. Although, I'm quite skeptical about using drones when ordering from Jumia in the future.

I might just order a device to be delivered to Lekki and probably while the drone is flying over Ojuelegba one Agbero brings down the drone. It won't be funny seriously. Well I do hope the Drones can fly at a high altitude to avoid occurrences like that.

6. Web Assembly.
Javascript has been constantly accused of making websites slow but Web assembly aims to change all that. Web Assembly is a faster way of rendering websites on browsers.
WebAssembly is a highly touted effort that not only is set to run web apps in the browser at near-native speeds but also allow for other languages to be used for browser programming beyond Javascript
WebAssembly provides fast load times for large codes and high performance. This will enable developers to bring functionality and experiences to the web that might have otherwise been gated on JavaScript. Since WebAssembly can be used as a library from JavaScript, JavaScript developers can utilize WebAssembly's performance through libraries and frameworks.

7. Live Streaming

Live streaming is already available and we've seen how it connects us with our favorite celebrities. Now imagine combining live streaming in VR. You would be able to be in the same place with the person live streaming the video in VR. There are a lot of possibilities once live streaming is involved. You could join a live conference from the comfort of your home, attend a live lecture from anywhere in the world. Live Streaming will ultimately change how we connect with people.

That's my top 7 list of things that'll change the future. Did I miss anything? please use the comment box. I'd love to know what you think

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2017
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by smartty68(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2017
And these amazing innovations has left most Nigerians jobless and would add more joblessness to the list as time goes on. Nigerian banks is an example grin

Nice info NaijaTechGuy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2017
Artificial I
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2017
smartty68:
And these amazing innovations has left most Nigerians jobless and would add more joblessness to the list as time goes on. Nigerian banks is an example grin

Nice info NaijaTechGuy

grin grin
. Thanks bro
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by smartty68(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

grin grin
. Thanks bro
You're welcome cheesy
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:42am On Jun 15, 2017
gadgetsngs:
Artificial I
smiley
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:36am On Jun 16, 2017
Very informative post. Well done op.. Where are those our fine mods sef. Mynd44 and lalasticlala
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by directonpc(m): 7:13am On Jun 16, 2017
You no lie at all op.

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by abdeiz(m): 7:16am On Jun 16, 2017
You sir are a true Naijatechguy
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2017
abdeiz:
You sir are a true Naijatechguy
Thanks Bro smiley
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by kunlesufyan(m): 8:05am On Jun 16, 2017
Live streaming---imagine the huge number of people that were able to participate in the hallelujah challenge.

4 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:15am On Jun 16, 2017
kunlesufyan:
Live streaming---imagine the huge number of people that were able to participate in the hallelujah challenge.

Interesting.. smiley.. It's nice seeing people turn up for something good.
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by jworos(m): 8:45am On Jun 16, 2017
That's how a friend was testing his drone on a field in a school, security persons of the school hold an say him Na Boko Haram, he had to start explaining himself.
Naija!!!

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:05am On Jun 16, 2017
jworos:
That's how a friend was testing his drone on a field in a school, security persons of the school hold an say him Na Boko Haram, he had to start explaining himself.
Naija!!!
lol Naija get issues. grin.. I think even FAAN placed a policy on drones
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by henryobinna(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
While VR has a bright future I don't see so much about it, unless it'll be centered on Entertainment.

And about drones... Do you know it's almost illegal to fly a drone in Nigeria?

How You Can Limit The Internet access Of Appz To savr data

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Techpaded(f): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
VR is the future! A lot of big companies are investing huge in it.

see if your phone supports VR headset: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/06/easiet-ways-to-check-if-your-smartphone.html
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2017
henryobinna:
While VR has a bright future I don't see so much about it, unless it'll be centered on Entertainment.

And about drones... Do you know it's almost illegal to fly a drone in Nigeria?

How You Can Limit The Internet access Of Appz To savr data

I still wonder why they made drones illegal. There are different kinds of drones , war drones are not as small and portable as the ones used at home or in the field.
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 17, 2017
#LifeOfAStudent
When ur pocket money comes on time, u eat chicken;
As the pocket money reduces, u eat products of chicken, (Eggs);
And, subsequently, u begin to eat chicken's food, (Corn, Garri and Millet);
And finally, when pocket money is finished, u become chicken itself, spending ur time walking around, just looking for what to eat!"

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 17, 2017
smartty68:

Nice info NaijaTechGuy

Well....yes...but the things need to be built and maintained.

If we changed our education system...and fixed power..jobs galore await.

2 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by henryobinna(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I still wonder why they made drones illegal. There are different kinds of drones , war drones are not as small and portable as the ones used at home or in the field.
one of our problems in Nigeria is we're scared of new things or things we don't know. Even in Kenya some e-commerce now use drone for delivery to customers.
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 17, 2017
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by Kizyte(m): 7:26am On Jun 17, 2017
Very true!
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by iaminspired: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2017
Does my gionee m5 have VR features
NaijaTechGuy:
The future is seemingly becoming more of a sci-fi movie. Nevertheless, each invention is taking a vital step in shaping our world. In this post I'll be listing out 7 innovations that will ultimately shape and revolutionize the future as we know it.

Artificial Intelligence is one of the key innovation that'll change how we use our smartphones and computers. In ATMs of the future, you'll be able to withdraw cash by simply communicating verbally with the machine. Security will be top notch. I'm guessing it's going to be Iris scanning that'll will be the next level of security. Apart from use of A.I in banks it can basically do almost everything for you with IOT (Internet Of Things) .

These IOT devices can indefinitely change your life. You could ask the robots in your home to clean up the house, wash your clothes and do almost everything you request. It's just a matter of time. I do hope the Japanese scientists don't get to finish up the sex-robots else we'll be seeing another sexuality coming up soon - "The Robosexuals". It's weird enough that people are already doing things with animals and people of the same sex now we'll be seeing humans and machines. A.I is quite broad so I can't possibly cover everything under it. Oh well.. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

2. Virtual Reality
Virtual reality is the next big thing. Companies like Samsung, HTC, Sony and Facebook are already competing to be the king of virtual reality in the world. Virtual reality will ultimately change how we watch movies and TV shows. Imagine you're watching a horror movie with a VR headset. I'm pretty sure that the level of horror would be at an almost realistic level unlike when you're just watching it on the TV screen. It'll also change gaming as well. The only thing I'm scared of is that VR maybe used as a weapon of war. You may just buy a war game to play without knowing that your actions are being replicated by a machine in one country. Every person you take down in the game is actually murdered in real life. Hopefully VR won't move towards that direction.

3. Chatbots
Chatbots may be the end of customer care service. These bots are getting quite intelligent and smarter as everyday goes by. I've tried creating a Chatbot and trust me with the available tools, the bot was able to perform specific tasks and respond to certain queries.

Chatbots may replace customer care agents as they would probably be able to respond to queries very quickly without compromise. There'll be nothing like an employee replying badly to you when you call them on phone but this may actually turn out to be one of the worst innovations if it actually replaces humans. Our smartphones are already making us text more and talk less. Chatbots will even make us text more and talk to machines more.

4.Wearables
There are already a couple of wearables in the market and so far they've been nothing less than amazing. There are wearables that let women know when they're going to be pregnant, wearables that help people monitor sleep, wearables that monitor your health status and more. I'd say wearables will impact the health sector more than any other sector of the world.

Ultimately wearables will be able to tell you when it's time to take your drugs and even suggest particular drugs based on the analysis it gets after checking your body condition and status. In terms of security, it may be used to track criminals. I'm already typing like I'm writing a sci-fi movie grin. Let's be real here, if I had told you in 1987 though I wasn't even existing by then.. That there'll be cars that drive themselves, you'll probably suggest that I go to a psychiatrist to get myself checked. So no matter how impossible this seems, it's very possible.

5. Drones

Drones are also one of the new tech trends. In future, Drones might help you cover entire events and programs saving you the cost of calling a photographer or camera man. The major problem with Drones I've seen so far is that the battery's don't last more than a couple of hours but before then I hope it'll be fixed. Drones can also help deliver products effectively. It could be delivering blood samples to doctors or even delivering products you ordered. Although, I'm quite skeptical about using drones when ordering from Jumia in the future.

I might just order a device to be delivered to Lekki and probably while the drone is flying over Ojuelegba one Agbero brings down the drone. It won't be funny seriously. Well I do hope the Drones can fly at a high altitude to avoid occurrences like that.

6. Web Assembly.
Javascript has been constantly accused of making websites slow but Web assembly aims to change all that. Web Assembly is a faster way of rendering websites on browsers.
WebAssembly is a highly touted effort that not only is set to run web apps in the browser at near-native speeds but also allow for other languages to be used for browser programming beyond Javascript
WebAssembly provides fast load times for large codes and high performance. This will enable developers to bring functionality and experiences to the web that might have otherwise been gated on JavaScript. Since WebAssembly can be used as a library from JavaScript, JavaScript developers can utilize WebAssembly's performance through libraries and frameworks.

7. Live Streaming

Live streaming is already available and we've seen how it connects us with our favorite celebrities. Now imagine combining live streaming in VR. You would be able to be in the same place with the person live streaming the video in VR. There are a lot of possibilities once live streaming is involved. You could join a live conference from the comfort of your home, attend a live lecture from anywhere in the world. Live Streaming will ultimately change how we connect with people.

That's my top 7 list of things that'll change the future. Did I miss anything? please use the comment box. I'd love to know what you think
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by symbianDON(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2017
quite interesting!! these are innovations making other countries leap ahead into the modern world while over here in Nigeria we are stuck in the stone age era battling with the most basic challenges: how to have 24-hours electricity, water supply in our houses, proper drainage systems, good roads.....the list is endless jare

2 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by obidevine(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

2. Virtual Reality

3. Chatbots

4.Wearables

5. Drones

6. Web Assembly.

7. Live Streaming

Op, nice article, I beg to deviate a little, I need your advice, I'm an avid blackberry fan because of its security features, I surf the Internet a lot and while surfing you know I could mistakenly click on a corrupt website, blackberry offers me that security I need so that my phone doesn't get " infected". I'm currently using a blackberry passport silver edition and as you know by June 30th this year whatsapp won't be a feature on this my phone anymore, so please I need your advice on what android phone I can get that offers maximum security. NB: blackberry just released a new Android phone named BlackBerry Keyone, it's still a bit pricey for now about 500 pounds,and it's not in Nigeria yet. Please advice me. Thanks.
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by ephi321(f): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2017
symbianDON:
quite interesting!! these are innovations making other countries leap ahead into the modern world while over here in Nigeria we are stuck in the stone age era battling with the most basic challenges: how to have 24-hours electricity, water supply in our houses, proper drainage systems, good roads..... the list is endless jare
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by wonlasewonimi: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2017
Internet of Things (IoT)
Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by onyechi2004: 7:46am On Jun 17, 2017
Driverless cars......first mass produced prototype should be out in the next 18 months

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2017
obidevine:

Op, nice article, I beg to deviate a little, I need your advice, I'm an avid blackberry fan because of its security features, I surf the Internet a lot and while surfing you know I could mistakenly click on a corrupt website, blackberry offers me that security I need so that my phone doesn't get " infected". I'm currently using a blackberry passport silver edition and as you know by June 30th this year whatsapp won't be a feature on this my phone anymore, so please I need your advice on what android phone I can get that offers maximum security. NB: blackberry just released a new Android phone named BlackBerry Keyone, it's still a bit pricey for now about 500 pounds,and it's not in Nigeria yet. Please advice me. Thanks.

There's a new smartphone that'll be released on the Indiegogo Platform. Privat. Its a secure device. There's a link to get the phone with a $25 discount on my site. Here's the link -
http://www.naijatechguy.com/2017/06/check-out-privat-new-smartphone-that.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. / Zoom Abruptly Fires President Greg Tomb ‘without Cause’ / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.