Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations (20957 Views)

Four most Ugly And Useless Phones That Worth Over 100 Million Naira / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Infinix Phones That Supports 4G Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2017
Today I'll be assigning "Bragging Rights" where they truly belong.
I'm tired of some smartphone companies claiming to be the first to make an innovation in the mobile phone sector when they were just the first known brand to do such. It's time to get even.

I'm delighted you could join me on the Bragging Rights Award Show grin..

FingerPrint Technology
Apple was probably first company to convince the public that they needed a fingerprint scanner on their phones, but it certainly wasn't the first to put it on a handset. The Award goes to the Pantech Gl100 manufactured in 2004, that's exactly three years before Apple even made the iPhone.

No Headphone Jacks
Guess who is responsible for the present trend of leaving out the standard 3.5mm headphone jack?
The O2 XDA II (made by HTC) in 2003. Its USB port was used as a headphone port, as well as charging and data transfer.

Refocusable Photos

Every Smartphone Company is rushing into dual cameras, often used to create bokeh effects. But Nokia was ahead of them on that one, with refocusable photos (bokeh and all) in 2013 with the Lumia 925.

Slow Motion Video
Sony is king of the cameras right now with its 960fps capability, but in 2007 LG released the KU990 Viewty. It managed the impressive 120fps at 240p, not bad considering that even 30fps videos didn't have much in terms of resolution - just 480p.
First Selfie Camera
Siemens pulled this off in 2003 with the Siemens U15

Wireless Charging
The Palm Pre supported wireless charging with the Touchstone stand. Samsung started wireless charging in 2015's Galaxy S6 (the S4 and S5 had official wireless charging covers, but it wasn't built in).

Water Resistance

Water resistance is another popular feature that is quite older than you might expect. Sony achieved this with the Ericsson R310s in 2000. It had basic water resistance thanks to the GORE All-Weather material (commonly used in jackets).

The Casio Can 502S was the world's first properly waterproof phone. It was launched in 2005 and could stay underwater for up to 30 minutes..
Let's have a round of applause for the awardees. Drop your device right now and start clapping.

Yeah

I said keep clapping..

I know some people will feel like doing this to me right now

grin grin

There, I'm done with the bragging rights award. However, the main thing isn't about who did it first, it's about who perfected the feature.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2017
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2017

1. PanTech100

2. O2 XDA II

3. Lumia 925

4. LG KU990 Viewty

5. Siemens U15

6 Palm Pre

8. Ericsson R310s

9. Casio Can 502s

4 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by sakalisis(m): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2017
grin
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Flamzey00(m): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Ok.. SOoo wat should we do wit do afta reading dis?
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Lalas247(f): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Me just love my Siri ... that guy tells me what I wanna hear try it
Apple user grin

7 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Kunleskey(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by uc4mee: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
� �
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by WizAkzy: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Nice
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by zeeboss(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Booked
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by budusky05(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Nice one

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by omobabalawo: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by inventor432(m): 7:20am On Jul 01, 2017
op I no go gree Alcatel nko
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by deepwater(f): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2017
The IBM Simon was the first phone with a touchscreen in 1992 — it's also referred as the first “smartphone,”

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by demsid(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2017
Nice post �� so al these big big phone company too dey take style copy
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by OHIsIManuEL(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2017
i knew Nokia must be there, Legendary brand

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by muller101(m): 7:22am On Jul 01, 2017
Op this thread is more useless than the P in psychology.
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by sekem: 7:22am On Jul 01, 2017
Nice one

But why do you think someone will feel like smacking you?
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 01, 2017
Just give us the names of the phones that have all this feature in one ,that will be better
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 01, 2017
...Are Ericsson R310s and Casio cruiser ships?
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2017
educative
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Berrywinky(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2017
So? We shld nw fry air?
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Op you try, oya clap for yourself.
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by ugosonics: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Ok we have seen dem

Check my signature for cheap data plan

1 Like

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by KINGwax007(m): 7:45am On Jul 01, 2017
Nice one bro..
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:45am On Jul 01, 2017
sekem:
Nice one

But why do you think someone will feel like smacking you?
Bro check some of the comments.. They're nerve wrecking.. But I'm all good. I know how to handle negativity online.
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:46am On Jul 01, 2017
Berrywinky:
So? We shld nw fry air?
No Fry Breeze...

3 Likes

Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2017
deepwater:
The IBM Simon was the first phone with a touchscreen in 1992 — it's also referred as the first “smartphone,”
Thanks for the addition smiley
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2017
muller101:
Op this thread is more useless than the P in psychology.
and you had time to comment. Bros easy.. We no dey fight ni
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by HottestFire: 7:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Lol @topic, what is new and what is innovation? grin
Re: See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations by AmuDimpka: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2017
That's where you made a mistake

In tech world innovation is the key not copying
NaijaTechGuy:
Today I'll be assigning "Bragging Rights" where they truly belong.
I'm tired of some smartphone companies claiming to be the first to make an innovation in the mobile phone sector when they were just the first known brand to do such. It's time to get even.

I'm delighted you could join me on the Bragging Rights Award Show grin..

FingerPrint Technology
Apple was probably first company to convince the public that they needed a fingerprint scanner on their phones, but it certainly wasn't the first to put it on a handset. The Award goes to the Pantech Gl100 manufactured in 2004, that's exactly three years before Apple even made the iPhone.

No Headphone Jacks
Guess who is responsible for the present trend of leaving out the standard 3.5mm headphone jack?
The O2 XDA II (made by HTC) in 2003. Its USB port was used as a headphone port, as well as charging and data transfer.

Refocusable Photos

Every Smartphone Company is rushing into dual cameras, often used to create bokeh effects. But Nokia was ahead of them on that one, with refocusable photos (bokeh and all) in 2013 with the Lumia 925.

Slow Motion Video
Sony is king of the cameras right now with its 960fps capability, but in 2007 LG released the KU990 Viewty. It managed the impressive 120fps at 240p, not bad considering that even 30fps videos didn't have much in terms of resolution - just 480p.
First Selfie Camera
Siemens pulled this off in 2003 with the Siemens U15

Wireless Charging
The Palm Pre supported wireless charging with the Touchstone stand. Samsung started wireless charging in 2015's Galaxy S6 (the S4 and S5 had official wireless charging covers, but it wasn't built in).

Water Resistance

Water resistance is another popular feature that is quite older than you might expect. Sony achieved this with the Ericsson R310s in 2000. It had basic water resistance thanks to the GORE All-Weather material (commonly used in jackets).

The Casio Can 502S was the world's first properly waterproof phone. It was launched in 2005 and could stay underwater for up to 30 minutes..
Let's have a round of applause for the awardees. Drop your device right now and start clapping.

Yeah

I said keep clapping..

I know some people will feel like doing this to me right now

grin grin

There, I'm done with the bragging rights award. However, the main thing isn't about who did it first, it's about who perfected the feature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Free Call With Etisalat And Free Sms With Mtn And Glo.no Software,no Tweaks / 484 Recharge, What Is It All About? / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.