Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole (668 Views)

Hillary Eta: Giadom Not Competent To Call APC NEC Meeting / Atiku Was Destined Never To Be President - Adams Oshiomhole / David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by jieta: 9:27am On Jun 14, 2017
Mr Adams Oshiomhole, immediate past
governor of Edo State, has said that former
President Goodluck Jonathan was not
competent enough to continue with the
leadership of the country in 2015.
Jonathan and Oshiomhole
He said that the competence expected from the
Jonathan administration never materialised,
and that even the most basic things were not
adequately done.

In a conversation with The Interview,
Oshiomhole quoted Jonathan as admitting that
he did not do much for the South-South region.
“If you follow my commentary two, three years
into his government, it was clear that even the
most basic things were not properly done. The
competence expected was not there. The level
of fairness was not there. And even if you were
to talk about the sentiment of servicing the
geo-political zones, the South-South had
nothing to boast of.

“Even the road to Yenagoa, Bayelsa State,
didn’t show that a president came from that
area. I have travelled across Nigeria, so we in
the south cannot say this is our dividend. He
himself agreed that he didn’t do much for the
South-South,” Oshiomhole added.
Actually, that was not the real question. The
real question was: where did he do?
“Also, I remember asking the Chief of Army
Staff the day the president wanted to postpone
the election (from February 14), I said, ‘Two
weeks ago, you said the Armed Forces was
ready for the election, now, you are saying
Boko Haram is controlling how many local
governments. You PDP took over 774 local
governments, now you have ceded territories to
Boko Haram.’

“So I was convinced and I arrived at a
conclusion that Nigeria was in great danger if
we didn’t effect a change in the political
leadership. That was how we parted ways. I
remember he, Jonathan, called me about four
days to the election over an advert I did. In the
advert, I showed the pictures of the
immigration recruitment they purported to have
done in a stadium.
“That was the height of incompetence – that
the Federal Government would defraud the
unemployed people, ask them to pay some fees
to attract a federal job.”

On the performance of the incumbent
Muhammadu Buhari administration, Oshiomhole
said that despite the obvious challenges, “the
country has regained some level of self-
confidence.” http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/jonathan-wasnt-competent-continue-president-oshiomhole/
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by do4luv14(m): 9:31am On Jun 14, 2017
If I might ask What are the basic things
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by Ehiscotch(m): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2017
when i hear that GEJ didn't do a thing in his constituency or state I ask myself:
IS IT STATED IN THE CONSTITUTION THAT THE FUNCTION OF THE PRESIDENT IS TO CARRY OUT ROAD AND COMMUNITY PROJECTS?
THEN I REALISE THAT WITH ALL THE CORRUPT PRACTICES OF HIS ADMINISTRATION; HE OUGHT TO HAVE DONE SO.
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by NextGovernor(m): 9:36am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmmm. Let me not condemn Oshiomole because he is a great thief that betrayed Nigerians but let me focus on the topic.

If you say GEJ didn't provide the necessary things I wonder what you will say Buhari didn't provide.

The necessary thing to a common man in a country is

1. Commodity: When their is low price of commodity, the populace enjoy and have something to eat irrespective of the little minimum wages.

2. Energy: When cost of electricity, fuel, cooking gas, firewood and other consumable energy products are low, the common man can at least afford and leave comfortably with it.

3. Building / House / Furnishing: When the cost of building material is low, the common man can rent or build and furnish.

If all these things were low and stable during GEJ tenure, I don't understand what Oshiomole is talking about providing necessary things.

Abi inflicting poverty and inflation by APC led government is the necessary thing?

10k for market today 2017 is 2k for market 2014
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by NwaAmaikpe: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2017
GEJ was a mistake
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by mekaboy(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2017
Where is the competent Buhari now?
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by BLINGZ88: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2017
congratulation , you now have a competent president. he lives at London.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by UwaBuPawPaw: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2017
What of d state u ruled...Nothing to show for it. U would have just remained the ginger NLC man we knew.
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by hodusglobal(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2017
Mr Adams Oshiomohole should keep shut. There are many roads within Edo states that were also bad then bayelsa road. When Baba Olusegun Obasanjo was on seat as Nigeria president, the road from Lagos to his own town "OTA" was so worst then. So, why is Oshiomohole shouting Jonathan's name alone.
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by Alisegun(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by Larryfest(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2017
So the man wasting tax payers money in another man's land presently is fit and competent to continue right
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by mrsfavour(f): 9:56am On Jun 14, 2017
NextGovernor:
Hmmm. Let me not condemn Oshiomole because he is a great thief that betrayed Nigerians but let me focus on the topic.

If you say GEJ didn't provide the necessary things I wonder what you will say Buhari didn't provide.

1. Commodity: When their is low price of commodity, the populace enjoy and have something to eat irrespective of the little minimum wages.

2. Energy: When cost of electricity, fuel, cooking gas, firewood and other consumable energy products are low, the common man can at least afford and leave comfortably with it.

3. Building / House / Furnishing: When the cost of building material is low, the common man can rent or build and furnish.

If all these things were low and stable during GEJ tenure, I don't understand what Oshiomole is talking about providing necessary things.

Abi inflicting poverty and inflation by APC led government is the necessary thing?
on point !
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by rozayx5(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2017
NextGovernor:

BH was the only thing the North created so as to create enemies for GEJ

and they suceeded with that

GEJ short coming was trying to make the north happy at the expense of the Niger delta

in the end he lost on both sides

i will choose 2014 over 2017 anytime anyday

nowadays 5k in the market is like 2k

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by Baawaa(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2017
Jonathan can not be forgotten easily in this country for his comment that "CORRUPTION is not stealing".
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by aolawale025: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2017
Ordinary Nigerians knew how they fared under GEJ and how they are coping under buhari. No propaganda or lies can cover that
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
After 3 yrs??
Re: Jonathan Wasn't Competent To Continue As President- Adams Oshiomhole by NextGovernor(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
After 3 yrs??

Don't mind them. GEJ must be so special for his name to be ringing bell after 3 years.

(1) (Reply)

My Message To The North. If Igbos Leave, Nigeria Ends. / Presidency: Service Chiefs Tenure Already Extended To December / Why Does Alimodu Sheriff Still Been Referred As A Senator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.