Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Baby Dropped From 10th Floor Of Grenfell Tower ‘caught By Man On Ground’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Baby Dropped From 10th Floor Of Grenfell Tower ‘caught By Man On Ground’ (398 Views)

Inside The £1.7m Flats Offered Rent Free To Grenfell Tower Survivors(photos). / London Fire: How One Grenfell Tower Resident Escaped / London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baby Dropped From 10th Floor Of Grenfell Tower ‘caught By Man On Ground’ by truemg: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
View source: https://www.trendiee.com/news/baby-dropped-10th-floor-grenfell-tower-caught-man-ground/

A baby was caught by a member of the public after being dropped from Grenfell Tower as it was engulfed with flames, a witness said according to a report by Telegraph UK

Samira Lamrani said she saw a woman try to save a baby by dropping it from a window “on the ninth or 10th floor” to waiting members of the public below.

“People were starting to appear at the windows, frantically banging and screaming,” she said.

“The windows were slightly ajar, a woman was gesturing that she was about to throw her baby and if somebody could catch her baby.

“Somebody did, a gentleman ran forward and managed to grab the baby.”

She added: “I could see people from all angles, banging and screaming for help.

“Us members of the public were reassuring them, telling them we’ve done what we can and that we’ve phoned 999, but obviously the look on their face was death.

“My daughter’s friend said she observed an adult who made some sort of homemade parachute and tried to lower himself out of the window.

“The more I looked up, floor upon floor. Endless numbers of people. Mainly the kids, because obviously their voices, with their high pitched voices – that will remain with me for a long time.

“I could hear them screaming for their lives.”

View source: https://www.trendiee.com/news/baby-dropped-10th-floor-grenfell-tower-caught-man-ground/

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Trump Is Being Investigated For Obstruction Of Justice By Congress / Donald Trump Bans Transgender People From The US Military / The Mind Of Sango

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.