Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,863 members, 7,956,260 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

Herdsmen Attacks: Delta Lawmaker Alleges Threat To Life Read More At: Http://ww - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Attacks: Delta Lawmaker Alleges Threat To Life Read More At: Http://ww (300 Views)

Herdsmen Attacks: Defend Yourself By Traditional Means - Afenifere Tells Yorubas / Rivers AAC Governorship Candidate Alleges Threat To Life / Reps Collating Signatures To Impeach Osinbajo, Lawmaker Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attacks: Delta Lawmaker Alleges Threat To Life Read More At: Http://ww by comos: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
ABRAKA—THE lawmaker representing Ethiope East in Delta State House of Assembly, Chief Evance Ivwurie, has raised alarm that his life was under threat owing to his campaign against armed Fulani herdsmen in his constituency.

Chief Ivwurie, in a statement yesterday, explained that some individuals from the northern part of the country were using the security agencies to muzzle him in an attempt to silence him.

He said: “A Kaduna State-based group petitioned the Minister of Interior and National Security Adviser accusing me and the Deputy Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly, Mr Friday Osanebi, of alleged proclamation of genocide against the Fulani and Hausa in our constituencies.

“The threat I am currently facing is as a result of my decision to champion and stand in the gap for the people of my constituency who are killed and maimed daily by suspected armed Fulani herdsmen.

“I have been invited by the Delta State Police Command on several occasions

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/herdsmen-attacks-delta-lawmaker-alleges-threat-life/
Re: Herdsmen Attacks: Delta Lawmaker Alleges Threat To Life Read More At: Http://ww by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
cry

(1) (Reply)

Musiliu Obanikoro Denies Joining Apc / Give It A Thought Anyway / SERAP Gets Court’s Permission For N388.304bn London-paris Club Loan Refund Spend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.