Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Beg God 4 Me Pls. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beg God 4 Me Pls. (2792 Views)

PLZZ HELP, My School Room Mate An Islamic Tebliq Has Totaly Change To Bad 4 Me, / My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen / Church Robbers Beg God For Forgiveness In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by toneyb: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ OP Sorry for your loss.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by manmustwac(m): 12:49am On Jan 24, 2010
My mother who is a devout believer died on monday after coming back from church,she dedicated the better part of her life to seving God and[b] he couldn't even let her live to see her grandchildren as he promised let alone greatgrand children,he promised [/b]to satisfy his children with longlife,if there's anything am sure of it is that my mum loved God more than anything,for as long as i've known her she always wanted to please God,why will he allow her die now at 47?i can't help the way i feel i write this with tears in my eyes,most times i think he is not fair to his children,i know many wicked and evil people who are still living,why did he have to take my mum after all her works for him?u guys should help me beg him,if its my sins he should please forgive me and give me back my mum please.
Sorry for your loss freecocoa but how do you know that god promised you your mother that he would allow her to live to see her grandchildren and great grandchildren?
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 1:14am On Jan 24, 2010
@manmustwac:

Pro 3:1  My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
Pro 3:2  For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Psa 91:15  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16  With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

They are God's promises to whoever believes and walks with it.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 4:07am On Jan 24, 2010
The reason that i believe that many 9ja people die inexplicably young has nothing to do with God, or witchcraft or all that.  I believe it has to do with our diet.  9ja diet is rotten.  so so oil, pomo, red meat, starchy foods etc etc.   If you offer them salads they will say that they are not Goats. 

I don't understand how supposedly educated people can eat such nonsense.  And they think it is enjoyment. 

Me too I had a cousin that died.  believe or not, right after prayer.  His mother woke him up early in the morning for their regular morning prayers.  They prayed, he stood up, and straight away he collapsed to the ground and that was it. 

I've heard other stories which were explained away that 'he was tired', or 'it is the stress of the country'.  9ja people don't even go for medical check up to  ascertain the state of their health.   unhealthy hearts, defunct livers, etc etc are plaguing my people.  Some guys I know cannot eat a simple meal without washing it down with a gulder.  On the streets people don't even drink water.  Na so so soft drink with the high sugar content.  How will you not just collapse and die. 

Then they will lynch one house girl and say she is a witch.  You people are barbaric.  You are animals.  And the biggest joke of all is that you feel that you are enlightened.  To be honest, though most of the time I'm proud to be nigerian, every now and again nigerians disgust the hell out of me.   You all went to school.  You know what is called a balanced diet, do you not?  Aaaaah, o ma se o!  What a wretched lot.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by toneyb: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@manmustwac:

Pro 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
Pro 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Psa 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

They are God's promises to whoever believes and walks with it.

And the evidence that this "promise" is true and not a wishful thought is what?
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by toneyb: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2010
Pastor AIO:

The reason that i believe that many 9ja people die inexplicably young has nothing to do with God, or witchcraft or all that. I believe it has to do with our diet. 9ja diet is rotten. so so oil, pomo, red meat, starchy foods etc etc. If you offer them salads they will say that they are not Goats.

I don't understand how supposedly educated people can eat such nonsense. And they think it is enjoyment.

Me too I had a cousin that died. believe or not, right after prayer. His mother woke him up early in the morning for their regular morning prayers. They prayed, he stood up, and straight away he collapsed to the ground and that was it.

I've heard other stories which were explained away that 'he was tired', or 'it is the stress of the country'. 9ja people don't even go for medical check up to ascertain the state of their health. unhealthy hearts, defunct livers, etc etc are plaguing my people. Some guys I know cannot eat a simple meal without washing it down with a gulder. On the streets people don't even drink water. Na so so soft drink with the high sugar content. How will you not just collapse and die.

Then they will lynch one house girl and say she is a witch. You people are barbaric. You are animals. And the biggest joke of all is that you feel that you are enlightened. To be honest, though most of the time I'm proud to be nigerian, every now and again nigerians disgust the hell out of me. You all went to school. You know what is called a balanced diet, do you not? Aaaaah, o ma se o! What a wretched lot.

Most Nigerians are educated illiterates.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2010
Pastor AIO:

The reason that i believe that many 9ja people die inexplicably young has nothing to do with God, or witchcraft or all that.  I believe it has to do with our diet.  9ja diet is rotten.  so so oil, pomo, red meat, starchy foods etc etc.   If you offer them salads they will say that they are not Goats. 

I don't understand how supposedly educated people can eat such nonsense.  And they think it is enjoyment. 

Me too I had a cousin that died.  believe or not, right after prayer.  His mother woke him up early in the morning for their regular morning prayers.  They prayed, he stood up, and straight away he collapsed to the ground and that was it. 

I've heard other stories which were explained away that 'he was tired', or 'it is the stress of the country'.  9ja people don't even go for medical check up to  ascertain the state of their health.   unhealthy hearts, defunct livers, etc etc are plaguing my people.  Some guys I know cannot eat a simple meal without washing it down with a gulder.  On the streets people don't even drink water.  Na so so soft drink with the high sugar content.  How will you not just collapse and die. 

Then they will lynch one house girl and say she is a witch.  You people are barbaric.  You are animals.  And the biggest joke of all is that you feel that you are enlightened.  To be honest, though most of the time I'm proud to be nigerian, every now and again nigerians disgust the hell out of me.   You all went to school.  You know what is called a balanced diet, do you not?  Aaaaah, o ma se o!  What a wretched lot. 

However, having said all that, I am sorry to hear of the OP's loss. I wish OP the best, death is part of life and it can happen to any of us anytime.
On last word of advice though: Rather trying to bribe God through a pastor or church, please take the money and do an autopsy on your mother to ascertain the cause of death. It might a genetic ailment in which case you'll know that you'll have to be more careful with your health so that your children will not go through what you are now going through.
For instance if your family is predisposed to weak liver then you know that you have to take it easy with the drink, or if it is cancer then you know that you have to cut out the cigarettes etc. Me, I think autopsy is very important even if it is an old person that died.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2010
Pastor AIO: I lie if I say im not entirely amazed at what you said above, because you are usually objective. I dont think its fair to say that, at least not on this thread. How do you know for sure that she didnt die in an auto accident, a congenital illness or something neutral to your ideas? I live in 9ja and I know MANY people who eat and live healthy, but yet die young. Maybe your post would have made a better mark on the NL Food or Health board? But yes of cos you dont post outside religion threads. :-/

@toneyb: I was answering manmustwac's question, if I was replying you my manner of expression would be different. Stop seeking rationale for everything, not everything is yet explicable by man.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2010
Pastor AIO: okay then. i guess i was too fast to object.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by annyplenty(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2010
FREECOCOA, please take heart. kindly watch the film whose link is given below.you may see things differently thereafter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6lHC3yFBgI
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 1:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Pastor AIO: I lie if I say im not entirely amazed at what you said above, because you are usually objective. I dont think its fair to say that, at least not on this thread. How do you know for sure that she didnt die in an auto accident, a congenital illness or something neutral to your ideas? I live in 9ja and I know MANY people who eat and live healthy, but yet die young. Maybe your post would have made a better mark on the NL Food or Health board? But yes of cos you dont post outside religion threads. :-/

@toneyb: I was answering manmustwac's question, if I was replying you my manner of expression would be different. Stop seeking rationale for everything, not everything is yet explicable by man.
Mavenb0x:

Pastor AIO: okay then. i guess i was too fast to object.

To be honest, I'd come in last night a little bit drunk so passions were running high. grin  

I don't know why but I was feeling a lot of anger.  It's been building up over the last couple of days with the whole Maduekwe talking rubbish to journalists, Yar Adua disappearing off the face of the planet, Reading 'arguments' in support of thieving pastors on NL etc etc etc.
I'm not usually so callous when talking to or about someone who is experiencing so great a loss.  

However, in defence of what I wrote, I can only say that I haven't spoken more than what my eyes see.  I know many nigerians that live healthily too, but they are mostly village people.  Most city people don't live well.  I know the quality of water is not always such that you can drink it, but I think the rate at which we consume soft drinks is frightful.  When I leave my home in london here in the morning, I often have a bottle of water in my bag so I don't need to buy water.  I don't know why people in 9ja can't do the same.  
It seems to me that the more 'educated' we get, the more uncultured we get.  We lack intellectual culture, Spiritual culture and Physical culture.  It's so ridiculous that having a pot belly is considered a sign of well being and affluence.  

Again this is not true of everyone, but a large enough number of people are like this for it to be extremely worrying.  

As for the inoffensive charge that I only post in the Religion section, check this out:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=375848.msg5249859#msg5249859

Although, I get your point.  On other sections I don't really contribute much but I do browse through them.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by manmustwac(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Pastor AIO: I lie if I say im not entirely amazed at what you said above, because you are usually objective. I dont think its fair to say that, at least not on this thread.How do you know for sure that she didnt die in an auto accident, a congenital illness or something neutral to your ideas? I live in 9ja and I know MANY people who eat and live healthy, but yet die young. Maybe your post would have made a better mark on the NL Food or Health board? But yes of cos you dont post outside religion threads. :-/

If you remember what the poster wrote, she said that her mother died on monday after coming back from church. And even though we don't know what exactly killed freecocoa's mother i do agree with Pastor AIO that a lot of Nigerians die due to bad diets. My uncle who had been in a coma in a hospital in warri died about two weeks ago. He was only 55 and i suspect his smoking and bad diet led to his untimely death. Man cannot live my prayers alone u know. A good healthy diet can help to.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
manmustwac:

If you remember what the poster wrote, she said that her mother died on monday after coming back from church. And even though we don't know what exactly killed freecocoa's mother i do agree with Pastor AIO that a lot of Nigerians die due to bad diets. My uncle who had been in a coma in a hospital in warri died about two weeks ago. He was only 55 and i suspect his smoking and bad diet led to his untimely death. Man cannot live my prayers alone u know. A good healthy diet can help to.

ol boy, how can you cook stew and half the stew is oil. The amount of oil that my people consume is terrifying. I'm surprised more people don't die spontaneously. Maybe the prayers do help to keep us ticking in spite of our lack of healthy habits.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by manmustwac(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Pastor AIO
So prayers will help unblock the arteries and somehow keep the heart ticking for an extra 10 years abi? grin
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
manmustwac:

@Pastor AIO
So prayers will help unblock the arteries and somehow keep the heart ticking for an extra 10 years abi? grin

How else do you want to explain the survival rate, because that is what it is - survival.  We survive inspite of putting ourselves through so much abuse.  I'm not saying that I know the mechanism of how it works but maybe the prayers are doing something. 

Just reading through the thread again it is amazing the number of people who have experienced losing a loved one at a young age. Surely that is not coincidental. How can someone be walking down the street, apparently healthy, and then just suddenly collapse and die? Don't you think there is something going on there?
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2010
pastor AIO and manmustwac, I get your points. But im not too hasty to generalize about 9jerians, and personally I believe someone who respects God will respect creation, nature, human life, health, hygiene. Asides the Biblical order to take care of the temple of the Holy Spirit, my God set me as a caretaker, an ambassador of His, on assignment on earth! There are enough hazards to deal with in space, collisions to avoid, so if I blow up my own spaceship by myself, how will I get to the Andromeda galaxy? My body is my license I have to fulfil my role on earth. So I need to pay attention to it, be fit, look good, stay healthy, live long. By analogy, prayers will avert the asteroidal collisions but will not prevent the astronaut from foolishly causing a fire in the spaceship's fuel tank! There's only so much prayer can do, but God can mercifully intervene.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Pastor AIO: well, kinda true but in my case my mum was a medical officer in perfect health! We were in Nigeria, towards Xmas, and She, ever careful driver, died travelling along a terrible (now slightly better) Nigerian road because of a careless trailer driver's mistake! Twas very fatal, involved a car & 2 buses. That one was an asteroidal collision, and I believe it could have been averted by timely intercession.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by RiffRaff: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ freecocoa
I'm deeply sori about ur mum. I have neva lost a loved 1 b4 so i wont pretend 2 know how u feel.
Give it time, u wil heal.
As 4 "god" dat thing is not real, its in some piples delusion.
Livin things live & die, its a fact of life.
She's gone & nothing u say 2 any "imaginary being" wil bring her back but if u want 2 believe d religious piple. There is something else u can do.
Take her 2 T.b Joshau, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Olukoya & Co. They are known for raising dead piple every Now & then. Tell all Nairalanders 2 fast (this god likes hungry piple) & pray 4 u, mayb den dis god wil bring her back.

@ pastor Aio
i understand wat u are tryin 2 say about Nigerians. Do u know dat a lot of piple cannot afford bottled water? Ow much more goin 4 check up or watchin wat they eat.
"Poverty" has taken over in Niaja.
Piple cannot realy chose wat they want, they eat wat they can afford.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@Pastor AIO: well, kinda true but in my case my mum was a medical officer in perfect health! We were in Nigeria, towards Xmas, and She, ever careful driver, died travelling along a terrible (now slightly better) Nigerian road because of a careless trailer driver's mistake! Twas very fatal, involved a car & 2 buses. That one was an asteroidal collision, and I believe it could have been averted by timely intercession.

You have my heartfelt condolences.  The problem of our roads and drivers is another issue that gets me mad.  Nigerians can't drive, full stop.  Why is it that it is the things that we are worst at that we believe that we are best at.  My people are always boasting that they are the best drivers, that if you can drive in lagos you can drive anywhere.  Let them come and do the test here with their lagos driving.  Unless they transfer their license to international license and then transfer that to british license.  My people are road hazards. 

Riff-Raff:

@ pastor Aio
i understand wat u are tryin 2 say about Nigerians. Do u know dat a lot of piple cannot afford bottled water? Ow much more goin 4 check up or watchin wat they eat.
"Poverty" has taken over in Niaja.
Piple cannot realy chose wat they want, they eat wat they can afford.

My guy, the people I'm talking about are the so called well-to-do.  You know them, with their pot bellies, and grunting as they talk because nasal cavities down to their throats is full of phlegm, ordering assorted meat swimming in a pool of oil with a mountain of pounded yam, 2 bottles of gulder to wash it down.  No exercise, driving everywhere. or rather, being driven everywhere, so even the ankles don't get any exercise.  

Even if someone cannot afforded bottled water it is not hard to boil some water at home, fill up a bottle and carry it with you.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2010
Oh thanks, pastor AIO. But that was long ago, i was only 15. Im glad to say she lived well, and Im just part of the evidence.

Lol about the pot-bellied so-called well-to-do. Disgusting! Lol. I agree on the bottled water idea, I do that often, concealed in my excusably BIG bag cos i drink a lot of water in this hot country. Lol
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by freecocoa(f): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ All, i wanna tank u 4 ur encouragement,its really not easy cos i can't explain the way i feel but i guess its just a bitter reality i have to face.
@ pastor A10,i don't know wat to say to u,but 1 thing am sure of is that my mum didn't die of bad diet,there are so many people who eat rubbish and some don't even have food to eat yet they are alive and kicking.
if i said anything bad about God it was cos am feeling very bad but i have since asked him for forgiveness,my mum taught me something which is that i should never question God cos nothing happens without him knowing.i also know that it is not of him that willeth or runneth but whom the lord shows mercy,so God shows mercy to whomever he pleases and for this reaso, am assured that he has better plans for my mum plus his ways are so different from ours that we can harldly understand him.so in all am still thankfull to him.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2010
@freecocoa: Be easy, sis kiss I love you!
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by manmustwac(m): 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2010
freecocoa:

@ All, i wanna tank u 4 your encouragement,its really not easy cos i can't explain the way i feel but i guess its just a bitter reality i have to face.
@ pastor A10,i don't know wat to say to u,but 1 thing am sure of is that my mum didn't die of bad diet,there are so many people who eat rubbish and some don't even have food to eat yet they are alive and kicking.
if i said anything bad about God it was cos am feeling very bad but i have since asked him for forgiveness,[b]my mum taught me something which is that i should never question God cos nothing happens without him knowing.[/b]i also know that it is not of him that willeth or runneth but whom the lord shows mercy,so God shows mercy to whomever he pleases and for this reaso, am assured that he has better plans for my mum plus his ways are so different from ours that we can harldly understand him.so in all am still thankfull to him.
It could be that your mother's unfortunate death had nothing to do with god. Maybe she had an undagnosed heart condition or kidney problem. In my own humble opinion i believe that you should question your beliefs. Why not sit down and read the whole bible word for word from genisis to revelation.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by ssumpta(f): 1:26am On Jan 25, 2010
To freecocoa.
You're on d right path. for not blaming God.
My mother died in the sosoliso plane crash in Nig in 2005. She had no burns. She died of suffocation from fumes. I cannot imagine wat she must've gone thru.

But u know wat? She'll never die again.

But its an almost-a- lifetime healing process. And i pray that the HS will give u d strength to carry this cross.
May the souls of our dearly departed rest in God's divine light.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by PastorAIO: 1:33am On Jan 25, 2010
freecocoa:

@ All, i wanna tank u 4 your encouragement,its really not easy cos i can't explain the way i feel but i guess its just a bitter reality i have to face.
if i said anything bad about God it was cos am feeling very bad but i have since asked him for forgiveness,my mum taught me something which is that i should never question God cos nothing happens without him knowing.i also know that it is not of him that willeth or runneth but whom the lord shows mercy,so God shows mercy to whomever he pleases and for this reaso, am assured that he has better plans for my mum plus his ways are so different from ours that we can harldly understand him.so in all am still thankfull to him.

Please, I'm very sorry if what I said upset you. I didn't mean it like that. When I was talking about bad diet I wasn't talking about your mum specifically. I was talking about what I'd observed about nigeria in general.

God bless you Freecocoa. Again I apologize if I added to your upset. Would you also take my advise and make sure that an autopsy is done to ascertain the cause of death. I think it will be beneficial.

I wish you progress and goodness in life.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by maedan(f): 1:36am On Jan 25, 2010
freecocoa, I'm really sorry to hear about this, you must have loved her very much. Take heart babe, it is well.
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by na2day2(m): 1:55am On Jan 25, 2010
freecocoa:

we love u babe, let us know where we can be of help and we will kiss kiss kiss
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Mavenb0x(m): 2:16am On Jan 25, 2010
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by na2day2(m): 4:31am On Jan 25, 2010
Mavenb0x:

kiss kiss kiss

back to ya honey kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 25, 2010
freecocoa:
My mother who is a devout believer died on monday after coming back from church,she dedicated the better part of her life to seving God and he couldn't even let her live to see her grandchildren as he promised let alone greatgrand children,he promised to satisfy his children with longlife,if there's anything am sure of it is that my mum loved God more than anything,for as long as i've known her she always wanted to please God,why will he allow her die now at 47?i can't help the way i feel i write this with tears in my eyes,most times i think he is not fair to his children,i know many wicked and evil people who are still living,why did he have to take my mum after all her works for him?u guys should help me beg him,if its my sins he should please forgive me and give me back my mum please
@freecocoa
I was also devastated when my father passed on a few years ago. But considering the circumstances surrounding his death, it dawned on me that God indeed had taken him to Himself. And my sorrow waned from then on. . .

Your mother served God when she was with you. . .you must realize that God is NEVER OUTDONE IN GENEROSITY. . .even when things seem bleak and hopeless.

I have come to love this prayer, adapted from Psalm 139: "Our darkness is never darkness in Your sight, the deepest night is as clear as the daylight. . . "
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by richjohn1(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2010
@Freecocoa
Accept my condolence as I know exactly how you feel, few months ago I lost my dad it wasn't easy he had lived with diabetics for 31years, 2 years to his death partial stroke was added to it. My dad had the greatest faith that he wont die, yet he died just shy of 70. This kind of occurences should make to think twice whether religion is worth the stress.

Lets not take what pastor AIO is saying lightly, thats the reason why you see people in hospital at old age you can change your diet mode now! Cause it's between 40-50 you'll begin to face the music.

@Riff-Raff
You no go kill person with laughter, if I no know any of those people wey you mention, I know say Bishop Oyedepo na fake he's a distant relative! grin
Re: Beg God 4 Me Pls. by freecocoa(f): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ mavenboxf,i love u more sis tanx 4 ur luv.@na2day?,u guyz have done enof already & i luv u dear.@manmustwac,well tanx 4 ur concern but in my family's life,God is the pioneer of our affairs so if he let my mum die den to him be all the glory.@ pastor A10 am not mad at u dear,i know u re just xpressing urself but i guess i took it d rung way,its cool now.believe me she didn't die of any ailment.@ all,tanx pals i luv u all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Mary Crying? / Which Is The Best Way To Pay Tithe? Help / Are There Female Angels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.