Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Answers To Biafran Antagonist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Answers To Biafran Antagonist (315 Views)

President Buhari Likens Boko Haram Insurgency To Biafran Civil War, / Boss Mustapha Babachir Lawal’s Kith & Kin, Atiku's Antagonist, Married To Yoruba / See Why Un Can Never Grant Independent Referendum To Biafran...fact But Bitter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Answers To Biafran Antagonist by josephni12: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Since I’ve been in nairaland for so long many people opposing the Biafran agitation has come up with many arguments why Biafran agitators should drop their agitation. They keep asking Biafrans many questions and they claim Biafrans have no answers to them. First, there are some who really would be open to argue intelligently the pros and cons of the agitations these people are welcomed. Some of the issues they raised are on the following. 1) corrupt leadership 2)attaching of minority tribe 3)Biafra is land locked 4) agitation is a fraud 5) loss of igbo properties 6) they should rather join in restructuring Nigeria 7) economic problems of a new Biafra Biafra will be a disaster just like south Sudan.9) Nnamdi Kanu’s leadership style Etc. I will pick them one by one and give answers .
1) Corrupt leadership will still prevail in Biafra, you must first fight corrupt leadership before you talk about Biafra.
Answer. Biafrans are hoping for a better leadership in Biafra land.1) The leadership of IPOB . Although IPOB have not been trusted with any leadership position in Biafra land, Biafrans trust them because of what they have seen. Since the beginning of the agitations till now IPOB leaders have being living a modest lifestyle as opposed to many Nigerian leaders and freedom fighters eg(uwazurike , asari dokubo, etc) in fact Nmandi Kanu is living in his fathers house. This is the kind of leadership will can trust, leadership by example. Ipob through radio biafra has spoken against corruption amongst south east leaders.( I can remember when he was talking bad against T.A. Orji because of the evil he did in abia state.) that is the kind of leadership biafrans trust those who call a spade a spade. Those who have courage to stand against corruption 2) we now know our right and will stand against oppression whether from our leaders or the government. Some people keep asking why not first fight your bad leaders. Our answer is NO. the system is irredeemably corrupt and the leaders are also corrupt. We cannot fight corrupt leaders without fighting against the system. The system makes corruption easier eg. In nigeria, leaders can own properties outside nigeria, or can seek medical treatment outside nigeria , or can send their wards to expensive schools outside nigeria while the masses suffer . Eg protesting against bad policies and being shot by police men and nothing will be done to bring those police men to justice. The corrupt system is making it easy for the politicians to get away with anything they do. the foundation is faulty. We must first dismantle the corrupt Nigerian system before we can effectively tackle corruption.
2) Biafra is setting the right foundation to curb corruption. i read through biafra fundamental principles where it was proposed that office holders will not be allowed to own properties outside biafra land, cannot seek medical treatment outside biafraland except they resign, cannot send their children to schools outside biafraland etc . Biafrans are not saying biafra will be heaven but we have learnt from the Nigerian mistakes. And we will make sure we do not make the same mistakes.
3) Ipob have united our people and have given us courage to stand against our oppressors. We are more patriotic than Nigerians, we are ready to die for Biafra. Patriotism, unity and courage is what is needed to fight corruption. (that is why nigeria cannot fight corruption). we know that our leaders are part of our problems. The system is also part of our problem. We have to fight them both. Because of this. ipob is calling for boycott of elections in biafraland, we will not give our mandate to leaders who haven’t defended our people, starting from the forthcoming Anambra elections. Biafra is not just a fight against oppressive Nigerian government but also against oppressive leadership in Biafra land.
4) If we can stand against oppression in Nigerian not minding the cost make no mistake we can also stand against corruption in Biafra land
5) Generally Nigerian leaders are all corrupt. I have problem when I listen to Nigerians advicing Biafrans that they should first hold their leaders accountable first. Is it not a case of the blind leading the blind? Their leaders are as corrupt as ours. In fact I have not seen any leader of Biafran extraction who have stolen money more than Abacha or OBJ. why the worries, because a corrupt Nigeria is also the same with a corrupt Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Biafran Antagonist by Agumbaa: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
cool
Re: Answers To Biafran Antagonist by pazienza(m): 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nice one OP.

But I'm afraid you just threw pearls to pigs.

You can as well space and paragraph the points to make for easy reading. The way you organized the points is poor.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ogbadu: A Chance And An Impression At NABDA / If We Were To Fill The Form Of Life / Had It Been Igbos Issued The Quit On North, Buhari Would Have ...-- Igbo Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.