Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). (4464 Views)

The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) / Inside The £1.7m Flats Offered Rent Free To Grenfell Tower Survivors(photos). / London Fire: How One Grenfell Tower Resident Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by ednited(f): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
Explorers:
This is the mini-cab driver whose faulty fridge is alleged to have started the Grenfell Tower inferno.

Behailu Kebede, a father of one, raised the alarm after flames took hold in his flat at number 16 on the fourth floor.

Maryann Adam, 41, who lived at number 14, told how Mr Kebede banged on her front door in the early hours of Wednesday to tell her that there was a fire in his kitchen.

She said: 'He knocked on the door, and he said there was a fire in his flat.

It was exactly 12.50am because I was sleeping and it woke me up.

'The fire was small in the kitchen.

I could see it because the flat door was open.

There was no alarm.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4606078/Man-faulty-fridge-started-Grenfell-Tower-inferno.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

I don't think the report is correct. Daily mail is not trustworthy and BBC haven't said any thing about this Ethiopian too. It's still under investigation
Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by Explorers(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
Pictures of the tower show the state of flats in the tower, with most reduced to ashes and people's belongings destroyed.

Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by Explorers(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
ednited:

I don't think the report is correct. Daily mail is not trustworthy and BBC haven't said any thing about this Ethiopian too. It's still under investigation

I tried double checking.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grenfell-tower-resident-whose-fridge-10623522

1 Like

Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by DaPuncline: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
ogbiwa:

Honestly this saddened my heart greatly. Can you imagine, ONE block of flat got burnt and within hours ordinary individuals had donated items to the extent they were being turned back due to insufficient capacity to take more donations. Yet over here in Africa we have thousands of people left bereaved, homeless, impoverished more on a daily basis due to terror attacks, accidents and various other disaster yet these same people die in IDP camps and in hospitals as there are lack of sufficient relief items to sustain them.
Yet we are quick to criticize them and their western culture as corrupt while we hide and play holy people etc. Really smh. Can't we see its obvious? THESE are the people who understand the true meaning of humanity. The black man is only interested in how to kill, maim and swindle his neighbor or for misfortune to befall the next man so that he can benefit from it and add to the one he has. So so painful being a black man and living here sometimes
You've spoken well bro.

2 Likes

Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by Explorers(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2017
Candle vigil.

1 Like

Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by Horus(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcJPlkqOYX0

Grenfell Tower | What the BBC won't Show You | The Truth
Re: London Fire Updates, Damages And Aftermath Of Grenfell Tower Inferno(Photos). by doublestrika: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
RIP to the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors / Shocking Footage Of Afghans Falling From Aircraft In The Sky - Video / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.