Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. (813 Views)

Theodore Orji To EFCC: I Am Vulnerable To COVID-19, I'm Above 70 Years / Ajimobi: I Wish To Reach 70 Years Only - Ex-Governor Said In Throwback Video / Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by riqblaze(m): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Just heard on Brilla FM that the youngest president in Africa, the president of Eritrea is 70 years.

Let's put this in perspective, it means Obama would never have become a president if he was African.

Now tell me how a septuagenarian would take the business of securing the future of a people seriously when he has no future. Septuagenarians having to make decisions for millions of young and budding minds across a whole continent? Figure that out and tell me how the continent is expected to move forward in a fast paced and continuously improving world.

Funny enough, most of these leaders have been in the helm of affairs since their youth, plunging the continent into darkness in their youth and consolidating their efforts in their old age. This is the sad and sorry state of Africa.

Someone will come here now and tell me that the youths are not ready and present wonderful arguments to back up his claims, but I would rather take a bet9ja playing, hallelujah shouting, sai baba screaming youth who is jobless to this current crop of African corpses heading nations.

Most organization will not employ a 70 year old man to any role, in fact, most will never allow a senior citizen to head them. They look for young and vibrant people who still have mental agility to take up these jobs and yet countries which should be run with more efficient methods than companies are governed by dead men walking.

If I continue using a particular insecticide for 50 years to no effect, one day I will stop and start using that worthless bathroom slippers to kill cockroaches. That is common sense.

I know the youths are not ready but it's high time we tried something else as this corposcracy is no longer working.

These same African youths we berate are driving growth in key sectors of their nations' economies, taking advantage of the opportunities available in their time to improve important economic metrics in their countries; yet people who do not have any business being in power make policies that destroy all that is being worked for and steal what is left to place under their coffins.

I'm already angry this evening. If there's any candidate below 40 in 2019, I'm voting for him, even if he's an slowpoke. If there's none, my vote is in my pocket. There's an exception to this though and that applies to those who will bring in tribalism to this thread or support for any of the useless political parties or politicians in Nigeria.
Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by Emjay1310(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nice post. Just remaining for the youths to take this to heart and have a rethink about our future too.
Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by forreelinc(m): 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
grin how old you want make them be before
When them 20 year olds dey nairaland upandan and them 30 year olds dey form slay and OBO and them 40 year olds dey try run go Canada
And them 50/60 year olds dey form my children will take care of me
Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by aribisala0(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
riqblaze:
Just heard on Brilla FM that the youngest president in Africa, the president of Eritrea is 70 years.

Let's put this in perspective, it means Obama would never have become a president if he was African.

Now tell me how a septuagenarian would take the business of securing the future of a people seriously when he has no future. Septuagenarians having to make decisions for millions of young and budding minds across a whole continent? Figure that out and tell me how the continent is expected to move forward in a fast paced and continuously improving world.

Funny enough, most of these leaders have been in the helm of affairs since their youth, plunging the continent into darkness in their youth and consolidating their efforts in their old age. This is the sad and sorry state of Africa.

Someone will come here now and tell me that the youths are not ready and present wonderful arguments to back up his claims, but I would rather take a bet9ja playing, hallelujah shouting, sai baba screaming youth who is jobless to this current crop of African corpses heading nations.

Most organization will not employ a 70 year old man to any role, in fact, most will never allow a senior citizen to head them. They look for young and vibrant people who still have mental agility to take up these jobs and yet countries which should be run with more efficient methods than companies are governed by dead men walking.

If I continue using a particular insecticide for 50 years to no effect, one day I will stop and start using that worthless bathroom slippers to kill cockroaches. That is common sense.
??
I know the youths are not ready but it's high time we tried something else as this corposcracy is no longer working.

These same African youths we berate are driving growth in key sectors of their nations' economies, taking advantage of the opportunities available in their time to improve important economic metrics in their countries; yet people who do not have any business being in power make policies that destroy all that is being worked for and steal what is left to place under their coffins.

I'm already angry this evening. If there's any candidate below 40 in 2019, I'm voting for him, even if he's an slowpoke. If there's none, my vote is in my pocket. There's an exception to this though and that applies to those who will bring in tribalism to this thread or support for any of the useless political parties or politicians in Nigeria.
but you no get sense o. You are a blockhead
You just heard and the next thing to do is create a thread? You did not think of checking? You cannot think of anyone under 70? Egypt, Gambia, Togo Kenya ,Ghana

2 Likes

Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by riqblaze(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
aribisala0:
but you no get sense o. You are a blockhead
You just heard and the next thing to do is create a thread? You did not think of checking? You cannot think of anyone under 70? Egypt, Gambia, Togo Kenya ,Ghana

Thank you for reminding me that I did not do due diligence. I will do better next time. However, if after your due diligence you can list just five out of about 54 countries that are exceptions, then you must agree with me that it's still a big problem and just shows how badly leadership has failed in Africa.

Thanks once again for reminding me of the need for due diligence

2 Likes

Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
riqblaze:
[/b]Just heard on Brilla FM that the youngest president in Africa, the president of Eritrea is 70 years.[b]

lol how can you say he is the youngest when he is 70 years old? Almost all African leaders are below 70.
Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by dhestiney(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
OP i think u are wrong. Over 70% of them are not even up to 70.
Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by aribisala0(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2017
riqblaze:

Thank you for reminding me that I did not do due diligence. I will do better next time. However, if after your due diligence you can list just five out of about 54 countries that are exceptions, then you must agree with me that it's still a big problem and just shows how badly leadership has failed in Africa.

Thanks once again for reminding me of the need for due diligence
go find work
What of Tanzania Benin, Morocco Rwanda Ethiopia Burundi Niger Chad Zambia Sierra Leone Zaire Senegal many others. Your time in school was wasted
What is your head for?
Re: I Just Heard The Youngest President In Africa Is 70 Years. by Hbuyosh(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2017
riqblaze:

Just from the way u have organized your thoughts, and your articulate command of the queens language indicates that u are quite well educated.

So, how comes that a person likeu would not know about African presidents, or at least bother to research and confirm some of the things u read or hear on the media?
Like seriously, have not u heard about Joseph Kabila, who was born in the 70s, Uhuru Kenyatta, John Magufuli etc, Haile- Mariam Desalegn and even Jacob Zuma is not yet 70, I guess.

Most of the African heads of state are in the 50-60 age bracket. What that radio station stated was probably intended as a joke, but u believed them!

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A Confused Freedom Fighter. Fighting The Lost Battle! / Pdp Ex-governors, Ministers On Warpath Over 2019 Presidential Ticket / APC Members Are Begging Me To Allow Them Join PDP Ahead Of 2019 – Sen. Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.