Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Republic Of Southern Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Republic Of Southern Nigeria? (5790 Views)

Fani-kayode Reacts To Call For Relocation Of Herdsmen From Southern Nigeria / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria / Igbos Has Started Editing The Wikipedia Pages Of Southern Minorities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by cjrane: 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
As it has become obvious that Nigeria is destined to go away and be replaced by progressive nations, one begins to imagine what will or can be of the new nations that will surely emerge.

I have spoken to many Igbo, Igala, Idoma and Niger delta people on the possibility of including Yorubas in a wider republic of Southern Nigeria. Many expressed no problems with that so long as the central command and control structure of using the FG to rob constituent parts of the federation isn't repeated again. Thus, i decided to bring this issue out for all southern Nigerians including some similar groups in the present middle belt to deliberate the advantages and disadvantages of including the Yoruba race in a wider Republic of Southern Nigeria.

Let me first acknowledge the historic animosities and pent up anger about the past on both sides. However, what we are discussing here is building a virile powerful progressive nation that will be the pride of black people everywhere in the world.A nation that can attain the height of Germany or Japan in the world and help drive development of Africa. Thus, sometimes we must forgive and forget no matter how painful the past misdeeds were to us, for the sake of the future generation of the Republic of Southern Nigeria.

As you all know, i'm the first person to call someone deceitful Afonja, but you all know I'm a bonafide Igbo from Anioma.
Anyhow, my reasons for advocating inclusion of Yoruba is because of our closer belief system in hard work and preference for dialogue than violence. The Yoruba as a group will also add their vibrancy to the Southern Nigeria republic and help make it a shining star in the world. But most importantly, we are very similar to the Yoruba in our philosophy and outlook to life.

Please contribute with a focus on the potential of building a true federal state in the Republic of Southern Nigeria, where every region (Federating unit) manage their resources and contribute a little to the central government for defense and foreign affairs. Of course with the principle of referendum for self determination enshrined in the constitution so that any region that finds itself at a pure disadvantage in the Republic of Southern Nigeria can always peacefully separate. I think that clause will make the country more focused on fairness than anything else. Should we encourage Afenifere and Ohaneze to achieve the proverbial hand shake across the Niger? Thank you for your contribution.

CJ.

2 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by sorry1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
If Yoruba is to be included in biafra I don't see the need for biafra!

Biafra is a country that was built on patriotism, loyalty, fairness and reliance. it was never an economic enterprise! if Yoruba is added to biafra, all those aforementioned qualities in which biafra was built "is going to be rebuilt " will be all lost!

If we could consider southern republic, we can also reconsider one restructured Nigeria! yorubas are not much better than the hausas; morally, economically and religiously.

Biafra is more of a brotherly and ethically linked people than geographically linked peoples.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 12:24am On Jun 16, 2017
Nonsense! We are not joining biafra. If nigeria disintegrate, we will have our own country. A country with 3 majority is better than 2. Southern nigeria republic will not last a year before we have a civil war while the northerners laugh at us.
Oodua republic will be 99.999 percent yoruba. No single minority will be included. Not even itshekiri. They are better with your southern or niger delta republic. The only people that are elligible to join ooduas are the yorubas in benin and togo. Oodua is strictly for people with similar culture, language, and history(decendants of oduduwa).
Oodua republic will also have regional government or states where each tribe will rule itself with full autonomy. I am ijesha, and i believe ijesha will have an ijesha state. So will ijebu, egbas, ekitis, ogbomoshos, and so on. In ijesha state, ijesha dialect will be used to teach students physics, mathematics, biology, and chemistry. This does not mean that we will not speak the central yoruba dialect.
Please dont include yorubaland into biafra or southern nigeria republic if you are serious about leaving the country.
Oodua republic for life!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by 61Penguins: 1:41am On Jun 16, 2017
[s]
deedeedee1:
Nonsense! We are not joining biafra. If nigeria disintegrate, we will have our own country. A country with 3 majority is better than 2. Southern nigeria republic will not last a year before we have a civil war while the northerners laugh at us.
Oodua republic will be 99.999 percent yoruba. No single minority will be included. Not even itshekiri. They are better with your southern or niger delta republic. The only people that are elligible to join ooduas are the yorubas in benin and togo. Oodua is strictly for people with similar culture, language, and history(decendants of oduduwa).
Oodua republic will also have regional government or states where each tribe will rule itself with full autonomy. I am ijesha, and i believe ijesha will have an ijesha state. So will ijebu, egbas, ekitis, ogbomoshos, and so on. In ijesha state, ijesha dialect will be used to teach students physics, mathematics, biology, and chemistry. This does not mean that we will not speak the central yoruba dialect.
Please dont include yorubaland into biafra or southern nigeria republic if you are serious about leaving the country.
[/s]your own oduduwa agitation is on nairaland
why don't u open a thread to conduct odua referendum?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 5:14am On Jun 16, 2017
op,you are mad!!....infact,you are crazy.... angry

you cant divide nigeria without a war... angry....you people should stop playing foolish... angry

have you forgoting who nigeria is??...do you even remember your past??... angry

southern nigeria republic my foot... angry

3 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 5:22am On Jun 16, 2017
keep on playing foolish....the nigerian military will take over goverment again.....

you civilians are all useless!!!!..... angry

lets see what the rest of the world want to do about the nigerian military.... angry

we just kicked taiwan in the butt lately....

do you people realy think the nigerian military gives a fvck about the rest of the world??.... angry angry angry

we will forbide una from traveling abroad....una learn nothing abroad...you only learn nonesense abroad... angry angry angry
Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 5:35am On Jun 16, 2017
you cant divide nigeria without a war...let the matter rest.....calm down.. angry

i dont care wheather una call una selfs ipob,arewa,massob or whatever....

nigeria is not a nation that can be played around with...it will have diare consequencies for una......

when the nigerian police and army notice una noise,then game over!!!!...
Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by kingzizzy: 5:44am On Jun 16, 2017
Igbos are not going to be in any Southern Nigeria Republic with Yorubas. This is a very bad idea because if it ever happens, the Yorubas will sell us to the North within a year and there will be Nigeria all over again.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 5:48am On Jun 16, 2017
kingzizzy:
Igbos are not going to be in any Southern Nigeria Republic with Yorubas. This is a very bad idea because if it ever happens, the Yorubas will sell us to the North within a year and there will be Nigeria all over again.

you cant divide nigeria....get used to it... angry
Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 5:52am On Jun 16, 2017
tell that kanu guy from london to shut the fvck up....

nigeria is more complicated than he thinks...

nigeria is too intermarried to start a experiment.....we will end up like yugoslavia....

is this realy what una want??....

1 Like

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by nabiz(m): 6:08am On Jun 16, 2017
bantudra:

nigeria is too intermarried to start a experiment.....we will end up like yugoslavia....

grin
bantudra:

bros. only you just de para de comment, na so you love nigeria reach?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by HiddenShadow: 6:12am On Jun 16, 2017
Don't join Yorubas to Biafra if you don't want Biafra to collapse in few years

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 6:17am On Jun 16, 2017
nabiz:
grin bros. only you just de para de comment, na so you love nigeria reach?

kikikiki..they neva see chum chin....when am finished with them they will cry uncle.... grin

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by hammer6: 6:21am On Jun 16, 2017
cjrane:
As it has become obvious that Nigeria is destined to go away and be replaced by progressive nations, one begins to imagine what will or can be of the new nations that will surely emerge.

I have spoken to many Igbo, Igala, Idoma and Niger delta people on the possibility of including Yorubas in a wider republic of Southern Nigeria. Many expressed no problems with that so long as the central command and control structure of using the FG to rob constituent parts of the federation isn't repeated again. Thus, i decided to bring this issue out for all southern Nigerians including some similar groups in the present middle belt to deliberate the advantages and disadvantages of including the Yoruba race in a wider Republic of Southern Nigeria.

Let me first acknowledge the historic animosities and pent up anger about the past on both sides. However, what we are discussing here is building a virile powerful progressive nation that will be the pride of black people everywhere in the world.A nation that can attain the height of Germany or Japan in the world and help drive development of Africa. Thus, sometimes we must forgive and forget no matter how painful the past misdeeds were to us, for the sake of the future generation of the Republic of Southern Nigeria.

As you all know, i'm the first person to call someone deceitful Afonja, but you all know I'm a bonafide Igbo from Anioma.
Anyhow, my reasons for advocating inclusion of Yoruba is because of our closer belief system in hard work and preference for dialogue than violence. The Yoruba as a group will also add their vibrancy to the Southern Nigeria republic and help make it a shining star in the world. But most importantly, we are very similar to the Yoruba in our philosophy and outlook to life.

Please contribute with a focus on the potential of building a true federal state in the Republic of Southern Nigeria, where every region (Federating unit) manage their resources and contribute a little to the central government for defense and foreign affairs. Of course with the principle of referendum for self determination enshrined in the constitution so that any region that finds itself at a pure disadvantage in the Republic of Southern Nigeria can always peacefully separate. I think that clause will make the country more focused on fairness than anything else. Should we encourage Afenifere and Ohaneze to achieve the proverbial hand shake across the Niger? Thank you for your contribution.

CJ.

We cannot trust Yoruba 4 anything. We cannot afford to make the same mistake twice.

We can reach an agreement for reunification but first we go to correct the wrong and grave injustice suffered on our land.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 6:25am On Jun 16, 2017
hammer6:

We cannot trust Yoruba 4 anything. We cannot afford to make the same mistake twice.

We can reach an agreement for reunification but first we go to correct the wrong and grave injustice sffered on our land.

the naija delta is not joining you...forget that idea....that is automatical declaration of war if you dare dabble in the delta....

call me afonja...i still dont care.....just telling you facts...my urhobo mother will spit in your biafran face anyday...

be warned!!!...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by hammer6: 6:35am On Jun 16, 2017
bantudra:

the naija delta is not joining you...forget that idea....that is automatical declaration of war if you dare dabble in the delta....

call me afonja...i still dont care.....just telling you facts...my urhobo mother will spit in your biafran face anyday...

be warned!!!...

Go and answer Senator Bruce on y u removed Biafra and add Bonny first.

Call referendum if u are sure about dat.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by bantudra: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2017
hammer6:

Go and answer Senator Bruce on y u removed Biafra and add Bonny first.

Call referendum if u are sure about dat.

referendum for what......we in the delta dont have interest in referendums.....

we only care how much of the oyel whealth we can keep for ourselfs....

1 Like

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 16, 2017
You're nothing but a stark hypocrite!!!

That said, pls, don't insult the Yorubas. This is the most irritating, retardedd opinion I've had the misfortune of reading in ages. And I have no reason to believe you're sane.

cjrane:

CJ.

6 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2017
This doesn't tackle the points tendered.

61Penguins:
[s][/s]your own oduduwa agitation is on nairaland
Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 7:11am On Jun 16, 2017
A southern Nigeria ...without southern Kaduna ,chibok,pleatue ,taraba,southern bauchi ,southern gombe ,southern bronu ...abuja and Benue

Honestly the Major problem we have with north is religion ..

Forget the Yoruba Muslims ..in 15 years they will all be Christians

Southern nigeian will be more balanced ...each state or Provence will be made to control her resource and pay 25% tax to the center which will control only military and foreign affairs

This will be a very very balanced country

5 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 16, 2017
bantudra:
op,you are mad!!....infact,you are crazy.... angry

you cant divide nigeria without a war... angry....you people should stop playing foolish... angry

have you forgoting who nigeria is??...do you even remember your past??... angry

southern nigeria republic my foot... angry

You seem very poorly adjusted and unintelligent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 16, 2017
deedeedee1:

Nonsense, so you have not learned from the present Nigerian arrangement. dividing or balkanizing the states along sub ethnic lines like you suggested, will create the nonsense deep rooted hatred of tribalism. Even if the consciousness is there it shouldn't be formalised, it should be killed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by Wyttcat: 7:45am On Jun 16, 2017
Include Yoruba? I don't think so. To your tent o Israel!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by lx3as(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Don't join Yorubas to Biafra if you don't want Biafra to collapse in few years

No sane Yoruba will join Biafra, Bro. For what?

2 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by Wyttcat: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2017
Hahaha! All I hear is "Yoruba can't be dominated so we have to make do with the minorities we can dominate." So try again. Believe it, if an inch of Nigeria breaks away, 5 countries will come out and you ibos will have what you dread most, biafra made with your 5 states.
sorry1:
If Yoruba is to be included in biafra I don't see the need for biafra!

Biafra is a country that was built on patriotism, loyalty, fairness and reliance. it was never an economic enterprise! if Yoruba is added to biafra, all those aforementioned qualities in which biafra was built "is going to be rebuilt " will be all lost!

If we could consider southern republic, we can also reconsider one restructured Nigeria! yorubas are not much better than the hausas; morally, economically and religiously.

Biafra is more of a brotherly and ethically linked people than geographically linked peoples.

5 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2017
bantudra:

kikikiki..they neva see chum chin....when am finished with them they will cry uncle.... grin
You are just making noise. If yorubas form oodua, and the niger deltans and igbos leave nigeria, there is nothing you northerners can do.

1 Like

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2017
mrvitalis:
A southern Nigeria ...without southern Kaduna ,chibok,pleatue ,taraba,southern bauchi ,southern gombe ,southern bronu ...abuja and Benue

Honestly the Major problem we have with north is religion ..

Forget the Yoruba Muslims ..in 15 years they will all be Christians

Southern nigeian will be more balanced ...each state or Provence will be made to control her resource and pay 25% tax to the center which will control only military and foreign affairs

This will be a very very balanced country
Baba forget that one. The country will not last a year before we split.
A country with three majority is better than two.
Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by BabaRamota1980: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2017
cjrane:

CJ.

You no get shame. Are you aware that out of about 50000 Ibos resident in Lagos at the beginning of the war thousands could not be accounted for till today? Professor Kenneth Dike had to flee from Ibadan under cover of darkness, mob were hunting for him. 6000 Ibos were sent to a collection camp in Ibadan and then driven out to East.

You have no shame, but Yoruba just dey here dey look una. North gave you quit notice and you want an alliance with West. What makes you think we need your partnership? We dont need anybody, we are content being alone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2017
hammer6:

We can reach an agreement for reunification but first we go to correct the wrong and grave injustice sffered on our land.
Bros, there is no way yoruba people will go with igbos. It cant be possible

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2017
61Penguins:
[s][/s]your own oduduwa agitation is on nairaland
including my people to form biafra will be a grave mistake. We are better on our own.
Dont try it!!!
Dont!

4 Likes

Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by sanandreas(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2017
bantudra:
keep on playing foolish....the nigerian military will take over goverment again.....

you civilians are all useless!!!!..... angry

lets see what the rest of the world want to do about the nigerian military.... angry

we just kicked taiwan in the butt lately....

do you people realy think the nigerian military gives a fvck about the rest of the world??.... angry angry angry

we will forbide una from traveling abroad....una learn nothing abroad...you only learn nonesense abroad... angry angry angry

If the Nigerian military coughs, I am really sorry because America would divide our country. Syria in ruins already and peace would elude us. We should put our acts together and restructure this country. We are heading to immenent collapse.
Re: Republic Of Southern Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 8:25am On Jun 16, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Nonsense, so you have not learned from the present Nigerian arrangement. dividing or balkanizing the states along sub ethnic lines like you suggested, will create the nonsense deep rooted hatred of tribalism. Even if the consciousness is there it shouldn't be formalised, it should be killed.
It does not matter if ijesha have a state or not. What matters is that oodua republic is for only yoruba people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Projects 84m Voters For Feb Polls / Lagos State To Host Democracy Youth Round Table With Sanwo Olu, Momodu, Elliot / Crypto Was Banned Cuz The South Refused To Take The North Along (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.